Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

8 hours ago, bennett said:

Hamilton should be paying us to take him.

In the Ranjurs days, that club would never entertain signing a lad from Hamilton you dealt more with clubs like Lazio and players from down south who were established internationalists, oh how the mighty have fallen having a product of our youth system heading their signing targets.

Sevco are now seen as a joke club in relative terms to the old club.Sub- standard players who are drawing a good salary from the club, even though these salaries are beyond the clubs means, the current incumbents in the boardroom being more indefensible than the previous regime, but carry on sevconians walk around with your heads in the clouds, as fans of clubs throughout Scotland watch your club die as you lot stand viewing in shock horror how a club with in excess of 40k ST holders perishes due to the financial mismanagement.

52 minutes ago, The DA said:

And, happyaccie, it looks like Docherty is staying with you for the rest of the season.

https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

I don't wish to prevent the lad from progressing his career, if a club makes a realistic bid before the end of this window I believe the bid would be accepted, it would then be the lads decision whether the club involved were deemed as suitable to continue his professional advancement, if he was to say yes he would go with my best wishes and gratitude for the service given to the club.

My argument with any proposed move to sevco was the potential for us to be stung due to sevco being a financial liability.

1 hour ago, The DA said:

I thought a club could only have up to four temporary transfers registered at any time and up to five over the course of a season.  By my counting, Rangers have already had five - John, Murphy, Nemane, Goss and Dalcio.  So what's this talk of further loan deals for Russell Martin and Jason Cummings?

John signed permanently and Nemane is away.  For the life of me I don't know why Dalcio is still there.  I can only assume that we can't terminate his loan deal early. 

2 hours ago, happyaccie said:

I don't wish to prevent the lad from progressing his career, if a club makes a realistic bid before the end of this window I believe the bid would be accepted, it would then be the lads decision whether the club involved were deemed as suitable to continue his professional advancement, if he was to say yes he would go with my best wishes and gratitude for the service given to the club.

My argument with any proposed move to sevco was the potential for us to be stung due to sevco being a financial liability.

'The lad' lol. You are so bitter about a move that's unlikely to go ahead based on the reasons you gave earlier that you won't even call one of your own players by his name.

Christ on a bike.

14 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

KFC don't fancy waiting until July for their cash?

From what I've heard, it was 150k ish in guaranteed money. Rest was made up in daft add ons that will never happen like The Rangers winning something.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

4 hours ago, The DA said:

I thought a club could only have up to four temporary transfers registered at any time and up to five over the course of a season.  By my counting, Rangers have already had five - John, Murphy, Nemane, Goss and Dalcio.  So what's this talk of further loan deals for Russell Martin and Jason Cummings?

And, happyaccie, it looks like Docherty is staying with you for the rest of the season.

https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

Those rules only refer to loans between Scottish league system sides - there aren't restrictions on loans from England or any foreign clubs.

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

John signed permanently and Nemane is away.  For the life of me I don't know why Dalcio is still there.  I can only assume that we can't terminate his loan deal early. 

Doesn't matter you are allowed 4 loan players at any given time and 5 in the calendar year, you have had 5 this year Neman,Dalcio,John,Goss & Murphy.

This being the case you would need to sign any more targets this window on permenant deals.

1 minute ago, Worktheshaft said:

Rangers offering magic beans for players again.

They offered £200k for Naisy and ended up paying £2m.

Thankfully we don't need to sell and MJ isn't making decisions. Club made a decent profit this year and are forecast to do again next year so I don't think we need to sell at a low price.

Doesn't matter you are allowed 4 loan players at any given time and 5 in the calendar year, you have had 5 this year Neman,Dalcio,John,Goss & Murphy.
This being the case you would need to sign any more targets this window on permenant deals.

I thought you could have as many as you like as long as they’re not from Scottish teams, they had 5 from Newcastle once.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

'The lad' lol. You are so bitter about a move that's unlikely to go ahead based on the reasons you gave earlier that you won't even call one of your own players by his name.

Christ on a bike.

f**k me from someone who's spoken dialogue is interspersed with eh and ken in high frequency to attack a figure of speech I use is hilarious. FYI unless I'm mistaken Greg Docherty is a young male so referring to him as a lad is viable. I am not in anyway bitter about any Accies players moving on to advance their careers, quite the opposite I applaud such events as it is recognition our development programme is working well, your club should try it, oh I forgot your too skint to run one.

8 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I thought you could have as many as you like as long as they’re not from Scottish teams, they had 5 from Newcastle once.

Sorry I have looked at the legislation regarding this and it is limited to 5 loans within our own league set up, and means sevco can sign players from elsewhere on loan.

23 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

f**k me from someone who's spoken dialogue is interspersed with eh and ken in high frequency to attack a figure of speech I use is hilarious. FYI unless I'm mistaken Greg Docherty is a young male so referring to him as a lad is viable. I am not in anyway bitter about any Accies players moving on to advance their careers, quite the opposite I applaud such events as it is recognition our development programme is working well, your club should try it, oh I forgot your too skint to run one.

Are you just generally an angry man then lol.

I hope you keep Docherty. Good for him to be playing 1st team football and Hamilton do have a good development system. For that I applaud them.

When he does move on I hope he goes somewhere where his development will continue.