Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

8 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Just been reading about this but can’t see it mentioned here, it seems Steven Gerrad recently passed his Uefa A licence, which allows him to manage a youth team, and is currently in France studying for a Pro licence, which he needs before he can manage a team in any top tier league in Europe, and he won’t finish that until this time next year. So who manages them this season?

I had a quick google re the Gerrard coaching situation and came across this cracking article:

https://thecelticblog.com/2018/06/blogs/sevco-have-appointed-a-manager-who-would-not-be-allowed-to-coach-in-most-european-leagues/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

What an insight in to the mind of the average dim-witted Celtic fan. In summary:

1.  Make a huge fuss about a non issue. In this case, knickers duly fankled because a coach actually has the level of qualification required to manage a club registered by the SFA.

2.  Scour the internet because something must surely be illegal. Find a sentence in Wikipedia which states, “A UEFA Pro Licence is required for anyone who wishes to manage a football club in the top tier of any European nation’s league system on a permanent basis, i.e. more than 12 weeks (the amount of time an unqualified caretaker manager is allowed to take control). Such a licence is also required to manage in the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League.”

3.  Make a huge fuss about something that hasn't happened yet. In this case, knickers duly fankled in case Gerrard manages Rangers in the Europa League.

4.  Prepare yourself to be scandalised and state so publicly.

5.  Completely fail to read UEFA's Club Licensing Regulations which do not state that you need a Pro License to manage in the top tier and does not state that you need a Pro License to manage in the Europa league.

So yet another storm in a teacup. The grey and green dross have a seemingly inexhaustible appetite for these non-stories.

22 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.  It is 'silly season' though.

I just has a keek at FF and, apparently, our club's Youtube channel is the 25th most viewed European club channel on their site with 840,000 views in May alone.

I'd reckon that's 1 view from me and 839,999 views split equally between @gannonball, @nsr, @Bohemian, @senorsoupe and @Florentine_Pogen

That doesnt split equally Im afraid.

I had a quick google re the Gerrard coaching situation and came across this cracking article:
https://thecelticblog.com/2018/06/blogs/sevco-have-appointed-a-manager-who-would-not-be-allowed-to-coach-in-most-european-leagues/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
What an insight in to the mind of the average dim-witted Celtic fan. In summary:
1.  Make a huge fuss about a non issue. In this case, knickers duly fankled because a coach actually has the level of qualification required to manage a club registered by the SFA.
2.  Scour the internet because something must surely be illegal. Find a sentence in Wikipedia which states, “A UEFA Pro Licence is required for anyone who wishes to manage a football club in the top tier of any European nation’s league system on a permanent basis, i.e. more than 12 weeks (the amount of time an unqualified caretaker manager is allowed to take control). Such a licence is also required to manage in the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League.”
3.  Make a huge fuss about something that hasn't happened yet. In this case, knickers duly fankled in case Gerrard manages Rangers in the Europa League.
5.  Completely fail to read UEFA's Club Licensing Regulations which do not state that you need a Pro License to manage in the top tier and does not state that you need a Pro License to manage in the Europa league.
So yet another storm in a teacup. The grey and green dross have a seemingly inexhaustible appetite for these non-stories.
Looks like its upset you tbf

On 02/06/2018 at 04:18, thepundit said:

It's going to take money and massive step up in quality to win the league and out of the 11 other teams in the Premiership only Rangers are capable of achieving it.

I think that's fairly obvious.

:1eye

17 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm not sure about football (insert "we've read your posts/you're a Dundee United fan-type joke here), but I know in other sports there are restrictions on what you can do without being qualified to a certain level. The governing bodies, however, normally say something along the lines of "the candidate must hold or be working towards Level X". I'd be surprised if football was different. They also normally allow under-qualified coaches to lead sessions as long as one of the other coaches present has the required qualification, which in this case would probably be McAllister, who I'm 99% sure does have his Pro-License.

It's a meaningless story which, like the fake press releases, actually takes away from the proper hilarity surrounding it all.

18 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

At least your not bothered hey.. Completely rattled IMO

18 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

It's in their DNA.

58 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The diversity of our fan base is one of our strengths,if sevco can't work in a professional manner these stories will keep coming.  

Are you a bear on the wind up?

28 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:

tic.jpg

Christ on a bike Kenneth, that'll give me nightmares.

43 minutes ago, bennett said:

Are you a bear on the wind up?

Christ on a bike Kenneth, that'll give me nightmares.

and of course you have enough nightmares coping with, and deflecting from,  the ongoing Laugh Out Loud  clusterfuckery at Ibrox.

Apologies.

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The diversity of our fan base is one of our strengths,if sevco can't work in a professional manner these stories will keep coming.  

Its no more diverse than Rangers' fan base.

6 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm not sure about football (insert "we've read your posts/you're a Dundee United fan-type joke here), but I know in other sports there are restrictions on what you can do without being qualified to a certain level. The governing bodies, however, normally say something along the lines of "the candidate must hold or be working towards Level X". I'd be surprised if football was different. They also normally allow under-qualified coaches to lead sessions as long as one of the other coaches present has the required qualification, which in this case would probably be McAllister, who I'm 99% sure does have his Pro-License.

It's a meaningless story which, like the fake press releases, actually takes away from the proper hilarity surrounding it all.

Oh there are in UEFA competitions and in The Premiership too - just not the restrictions the moonhowlers stated there were!

4 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

and of course you have enough nightmares coping with, and deflecting from,  the ongoing Laugh Out Loud  clusterfuckery at Ibrox.

Apologies.

I find it hard to believe that you've ever laughed...

17 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The diversity of our fan base is one of our strengths

Yeah, some of you have one brain cell, some have two. Which are you btw?