Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Rangers do not have £7 million to spend.

This will be on a payment plan over 2 or 3 years at least.

Think Brighthouse but for football players.

Rumour from several in the know types that the DUP are using cultural heritage funding loopholes to fund this.

hot take here tbf but I don't see him as being the type of player they'll be able to make any sort of significant profit on later down the line.

Scored against Celtic, yeah, but iirc that was more due to shit positioning from Drederick Booyata.* Genuinely can't remember much else from his last spell in Scotland that would lead me to think a reported total fee of £7M is value.

*2 simpsons references for the price of one there lads

2 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

hot take here tbf but I don't see him as being the type of player they'll be able to make any sort of significant profit on later down the line.

Scored against Celtic, yeah, but iirc that was more due to shit positioning from Drederick Booyata.* Genuinely can't remember much else from his last spell in Scotland that would lead me to think a reported total fee of £7M is value.

*2 simpsons references for the price of one there lads

He'll be homegrown to English sides, and is only 22. They could make money off him but only if he turns into the best player in the league.

Reasonable enough player, seemed to be big on the badge slapping that appeals to certain fans so I can see why rangers fans would be excited about this.  That being said, it strikes me as something the previous outfit who played at ibrox would pull off... Poor result against Celtic/in Europe so rush out and pay over the odds on a player to shut the fans up for a few weeks.