Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

26 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Of course my reply to you was a wee bit tongue in cheek - and I'd never consider you a subject of a racist awareness course.  I'm also replying to your post over here rather than clog up the Sportsound thread. 

Yes, there is a racist element to the abuse that Morelos gets and yes, there was a sectarian element to the abuse that Lennon got.

Both 'we' and 'them' can be guilty of egging the custard but there remains a true truth:  The abuse of Morelos now and the abuse of Lennon then both went beyond simply their on-pitch behaviour.

No idea how you manage to swap threads, but hats off to you from an old dinosaur.  But anyway, of course some of the abuse that Morelos and Lennon get/got is/was racist/sectarian, but the vast majority of non Celtic/Rangers fans dislike these two purely for onfield nonsense. 

As has been said elsewhere, Rangers/Traynor could learn a lot from Aberdeen/Shay Logan’s response to Shay’s racist abuse from the young Rangers fan a couple of weeks ago. I presume Rangers have put the young guy on the course that they talk about, and just haven’t told anyone about it.

(Too many forward slashes?)

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Pretty much every Rangers fan on here thinks that Traynor's a cock and that he should have no role at ibrox.  As far as the statement goes, it's pretty clear that Traynor is using it, partly, as a twisted form of self-justification/gratification and that is unacceptable.  I am sick to the back fucking teeth of Traynor's statements and wish we had someone as a media lead who hasn't Traynor's baggage and sense of grievance.  He is a liability and not an asset.

As far as a 12 yo being charged with racist abuse goes, well that is actually heart breaking.  Of course, one can be criminally responsible aged 12 and the young man deserves appropriate punishment if found guilty.  However, who raises their kids to shout racist abuse at footballers?  What sort of parent nurtures their kids in this way?  His maw and da are a culpable as the boy himself.

That is as good a post that I’ve seen for a while.

5 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

We will not comment on legal proceedings...  Proceeds to write a war and peace length diatribe about just that.  Lay off the Jabba juice you fat bitter pathetic mess of a human being.

Meh... I don’t know the man but you’re trying too hard my friend. 

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

No idea how you manage to swap threads, but hats off to you from an old dinosaur.  

I think we're within a year or two of each other?  Anyway,  @Divis a closet bluenose and gave me mods' privileges, including the ability to swap threads and to read PMs.  Yours are pretty-much ok but some of your fellow Dons' are beyond questionable...

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

WOW, 60,000 fans shouting all sorts of abuse at each other and a 12 year old boy being charged is the right course of action.
This beggars belief.

😂This  did make me laugh ..Thousands of adults abusing each other for 90 mins in the noisiest fixture in Scottish football , six weeks later a near  primary school age kid gets blamed for something..Maybe they,ve just unearthed the next Napalm Death vocalist haha

Barney is a Celtic and Aston Villa fan IIRC.

[emoji23]This  did make me laugh ..Thousands of adults abusing each other for 90 mins in the noisiest fixture in Scottish football , six weeks later a near  primary school age kid gets blamed for something..Maybe they,ve just unearthed the next Napalm Death vocalist haha

This whole thing is a total mess. I'd guess there are a lot of rangers and celtic fans who are under the age of 16 who are up to knees, ooh aah up da ra who probably don't know any better. Sectarianism/racism it's all the same. The statement from Traynor, I'm not going to say rangers because Traynor clearly has license to do whatever he wants, is a disgrace. He is attacking a schoolkid to make a point. Stewart was right, he has too much power and I hope the media that he takes aim at in the statement go rightly to town on him. The media should be held accountable, but not by nonsense statements like that.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I think we're within a year or two of each other?  Anyway,  @Divis a closet bluenose and gave me mods' privileges, including the ability to swap threads and to read PMs.  Yours are pretty-much ok but some of your fellow Dons' are beyond questionable...

How much will it take for your silence

A quick reminder.

Posting content from other websites that contain language such as tarrier, ******s etc is not acceptable on this website and will be removed.  Some of the language used on forums such as Rangers Media and other sites is quite frankly disgraceful and will not be tolerated here.

If you want to put a link to those sites then do so but do not copy the content which then bypasses our sites standards.  

42 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Where to start with that statement?  

Traynor airing grudges and using the incredibly sad incident of a child using racist language as a point scoring exercise. 

Useless fat arsehole.

It's good that most of you on P&B see it for what it is but Rangers can't hide behind Traynor.

They employ him to speak on their behalf and this is hardly a new thing. They seem happy for this to be the tone coming out of the club, it is utterly baffling to me.