Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

You are imagining complexity that didn’t exist - devil in the detail!  The devil is that it didn’t suit a minority of clubs

By saying that clubs got a 15 page condensed document is true enough from Murdoch Mclennan,  they should have been given more time to thoroughly study the complete document.  The rush to get this through by 5pm was hard to comprehend. 

54 minutes ago, bennett said:

A lot of it depends on what the evidence is and whether or not other clubs care. There still needs to be investigation over the vote fiasco. and not just Spfl directors doing their own Q&A.

This is the first time that we've followed through a complaint against the authorities, usually it's just a statement then nothing. 

Yet we're trusting the 'incompetents' to deliver something as complex as reconstruction.

Well yes, no one is arguing that there should be an investigation. Extent, timing and prioritisation is the debate. Rangers want to prioritise it over everything else so the evidence better be good.

If Rangers have been so convinced of their incompetence for so long then shame on them for waiting until now to act on it substantively.

Just now, bennett said:

By saying that clubs got a 15 page condensed document is true enough from Murdoch Mclennan,  they should have been given more time to thoroughly study the complete document.  The rush to get this through by 5pm was hard to comprehend. 

They had 28 days to study the document, the 5pm Friday request was optional as Dundee proved....

45 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Its a worldwide Pandemic with absolutely no sign of football being played, again I've asked you how to end the season amicably and again you have failed to give me any response.

8 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Asking you a question certainly is. 

How do you think the season can be finished on the pitch this season?

It's a simple question

It's so simple a question that you can't remember what you asked minutes ago. Those are two completely different questions.

Utterly pointless trying to continue this.

11 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

They had 28 days to study the document, the 5pm Friday request was optional as Dundee proved....

Let's just forget the pressure put on clubs to comply by 5pm.

11 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Dundee didn't have to worry about the "if you don't vote by 5pm we will watch you all burn" caveat, though. 

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Pages 6/7/8 below of QC opinion sounds like a clear intention to mislead clubs into believing only route to money was to vote yes. Who's idea was it to frame the resolution in that way and why? Needs probed. Independently. Surprised an experienced neutral chairman didn't pick that up and ask his Ch Ex to adjust the original drafts to make reference to alternatives. Can understand why the board members from  Motherwell, Hamilton and Brechin wouldn't want to question the "solution" and threaten their own teams' self interest. Not sure what legal (personal)? responsibility as board members they have to all of the SPFL clubs.

https://cdn-5dd296c4f911cc1c581d2ef3.closte.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/2020.04.14-FINAL-Rev_Redacted-Joint-Opinion-PTFC-.pdf

Thanks, an interesting read.

It is more an argument as to why how it could be argued that the Spfl could have misled, rather than a conclusion that they did. It does look quite a persuasive argument. 

The two main points are clearly arguable. The stronger point is that the rules on the distribution of money could also be changed. This point surely would be obvious to everyone though? And does it not require a qualified majority to change that?  But the spfl were factually correct that the rules didn't allow early distribution. 

The point about loans is weak. I'm not sure what relevance the power of the spfl to make loans has to their ability to pay prize money. They're clearly different things. 

1 minute ago, bennett said:

It's so simple a question that you can't remember what you asked minutes ago. Those are two completely different questions.

Utterly pointless trying to continue this.

Nah your twisting things again. I've said I have asked you several different questions on several different occasions and you have answered none. So quoting two different questions proves nothing.

I'll try again before you run away.

How do you think the season can be finished on the pitch?

Take your time..

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

Its a worldwide Pandemic with absolutely no sign of football being played, again I've asked you how to end the season amicably and again you have failed to give me any response.

32 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Asking you a question certainly is. 

How do you think the season can be finished on the pitch this season?

It's a simple question

12 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Nah your twisting things again. I've said I have asked you several different questions on several different occasions and you have answered none. So quoting two different questions proves nothing.

I'll try again before you run away.

How do you think the season can be finished on the pitch?

Take your time..

The posts came within minutes of each of other, you couldn't even get something that simple correct.

How to finish the amicably was your first question then minutes later you changed it to "how can the season can be finished on the pitch". A search back even shows a third version of the question.

Edited by bennett

The posts came within minutes of each of other, you couldn't even get something that simple correct.

How to finish the amicably was your first question then minutes later you changed it to "how can the season can be finished on the pitch". A search back shows a third version of the question.

It would be easier just to say no I wont answer the question, save alot of time.

Try again..

How do you think the season can be finished on the pitch?

Edited by Bohemian

1 minute ago, Bohemian said:

It would be easier just to say no I wont answer the question, save alot of time.

Try again..

Repost the original question which you claimed to have posted and I'll answer it, with date and time stamps. 

This nonsense is starting to disrupt the thread.

Repost the original question which you claimed to have posted and I'll answer it, with date and time stamps. 

Just answer the question 

Edited by Bohemian

35 minutes ago, bennett said:

You are making an assumption that there was a complete document rather than a range of documents/information that was suitably summarised in a condensed document

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Thanks, an interesting read.

It is more an argument as to why how it could be argued that the Spfl could have misled, rather than a conclusion that they did. It does look quite a persuasive argument. 

The two main points are clearly arguable. The stronger point is that the rules on the distribution of money could also be changed. This point surely would be obvious to everyone though? And does it not require a qualified majority to change that?  But the spfl were factually correct that the rules didn't allow early distribution. 

The point about loans is weak. I'm not sure what relevance the power of the spfl to make loans has to their ability to pay prize money. They're clearly different things. 

You think? Clubs are in panic mode. They rely on the board members (albeit recognising clubs interests) and their apparently independent Chairman and Non Exec and legal advice. So when they are told sign here for the only route to money, then it's hardly a surprise quite a few  voted yes but were maybe not comfortable with it. Also the QC makes the case that the Dundee vote was effective at the point to was sent, so the motion did fail. I personally don't understand how a combination of the damaged clubs are not going straight to law on the grounds that that vote is null and void. The SPFL can still do a rerun -with a balanced report that makes clear money can just as easily be distributed independently of deciding how to end the league. And if the clubs - properly informed - come to the same decision again, then so be it. 

6 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Just answer the question 

If you asked the question like you said you did then you'll be able to repost it with date and time stamps. You can't accuse of me of ignoring it then not produce the original post.

5 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

You are making an assumption that there was a complete document rather than a range of documents/information that was suitably summarised in a condensed document

Its been claimed on air by several directors and confirmed by one of our few competent journalists. 

4 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

No human being could read over 100 pages in just over a day.

I hope this is recorded in the “science” section of the “dossier”.

Poor typing on my part,  should have read 'try to read it.

Apologies my mind goes faster than my finger can cope with at times.

Edited by bennett
Auto type thingy

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

If you asked the question like you said you did then you'll be able to repost it with date and time stamps. You can't accuse of me of ignoring it then not produce the original post.

Its been claimed on air by several directors and confirmed by one of our few competent journalists. 

Poor typing on my part,  should have read 'try to read it's.

Apologies my mind goes faster than my finger can cope with at times.

Dates and time stamps🤣

Just answer the question 

Edited by Bohemian

Can I ask you a question?
How do think the season can be finished on the pitch? ( this is my only version of my question)

12 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

You think? Clubs are in panic mode. They rely on the board members (albeit recognising clubs interests) and their apparently independent Chairman and Non Exec and legal advice. So when they are told sign here for the only route to money, then it's hardly a surprise quite a few  voted yes but were maybe not comfortable with it. Also the QC makes the case that the Dundee vote was effective at the point to was sent, so the motion did fail. I personally don't understand how a combination of the damaged clubs are not going straight to law on the grounds that that vote is null and void. The SPFL can still do a rerun -with a balanced report that makes clear money can just as easily be distributed independently of deciding how to end the league. And if the clubs - properly informed - come to the same decision again, then so be it. 

Like i said, that was the stronger argument but it is only an argument.

I'm not saying the whole thing was done well. I was refuting a claim that it had been established as fact that the spl misled the clubs. It hasn't been. 

Not a clue on the legality of Dundee's vote.

That's already been investigated though, illustrating perfectly the futility of demanding an investigation.