Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

16 minutes ago, stressball said:

Oh no, I definitely get your argument.

I just don’t see why it’s bad that we demand Rangers hold up their end of the bargain, given we already acted to ensure we had everything in place.

They haven’t bothered.

Not sure you do get it. 

‘why should we do x when they haven’t done y…’ is exactly the attitude people are referring to. Ultimately it is you that is losing out here. 

7 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Is the whole concept of needing nets between the two sets of supporters not pathetic anyway? When the visiting supports were previously allowed they just a band of empty seats between them just like against every other team in the league, Europe, Cup etc. just with more police and stewards.

Are the police insisting on this or is it just both clubs basically admitting their fans are animals who can't be relied on to attend a football game with anything approaching normal behaviour?

Are the nets a mutual agreement between the clubs or have the SPFL had a say?

If it’s the SPFL then I wonder what they are going to do about the sectarian singing? People will still be able to hear it through the nets.

7 hours ago, camer0n_mcd said:

It's time to grow up and stop being a pair of gimps 👍.

That’s a fair criticism to level at Celtic, but as any parent knows, it’s tough to ask a twelve year old to ‘grow up’.

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Are the nets a mutual agreement between the clubs or have the SPFL had a say?

It sounds like it's a demand Celtic have made due to "safety" reasons.

Bickering and blame between the club hierarchies aside, is the  biggest red neck in all of this not simply that, in the year 2024, there is a need for safety netting separating these two tribes off utter scumbags anyway?  And all just because of religious differences (faiths that 99% of them don't even bother their arse with nowadays anyway, just pure mindless bigotry). Deary me.

40 minutes ago, AJF said:

we have not implemented those measures, for a game that is over 4 months away.

Is that because they can’t guarantee they’ll be playing at Ibrox by then? Or am I missing something?

34 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Is that because they can’t guarantee they’ll be playing at Ibrox by then? Or am I missing something?

I’m not sure. Rangers have came out and said the works were going to be done ahead of the Ibrox fixture in January as agreed but that’s not required now.

Edited by AJF

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Bickering and blame between the club hierarchies aside, is the  biggest red neck in all of this not simply that, in the year 2024, there is a need for safety netting separating these two tribes off utter scumbags anyway?  And all just because of religious differences (faiths that 99% of them don't even bother their arse with nowadays anyway, just pure mindless bigotry). Deary me.

If they can't guarantee the safety of fans - home or away - then they should be made to play the fixtures behind closed doors.

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

If they can't guarantee the safety of fans - home or away - then they should be made to play the fixtures behind closed doors.

Indeed. Surely that invalidates their ground certificate. Away supports are entitled to attend.

11 hours ago, AJF said:

Yeah, essentially that's part of the agreement for away allocations to return, that safety netting is erected at Ibrox and Celtic Park to prevent items being thrown.

Not sure you've got that quite right. I'm pretty sure that the netting is to prevent the items that are always thrown, hitting their target(s).

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure you've got that quite right. I'm pretty sure that the netting is to prevent the items that are always thrown, hitting their target(s).

Personally I’d take the netting down, remove the police & let them batter each other.

It would make the Glasgow Derby a spectacle worth watching for a change.

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I feel that’s overly pedantic 😂

The short answer is Rangers are a financial mess . They don't even know which stadium they will be playing home games for the rest of the season . It's nonsense to even consider away fans allocation for at least this season until they can get their house in order . Celtic are 100% correct.  

6 minutes ago, Stevie67 said:

The short answer is Rangers are a financial mess . They don't even know which stadium they will be playing home games for the rest of the season . It's nonsense to even consider away fans allocation for at least this season until they can get their house in order . Celtic are 100% correct.  

I don’t see the correlation between “Rangers are a financial mess” = “it’s nonsense to even consider away fans”