Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

Then they would lose out on sporting merit, as I said. Not due to immature boardroom battles.

The format of the league with the split inherently means we will end up with teams advantaged and disadvantaged for various reasons (such as three away trips in one season to a team, an uneven balance of home and away games played etc.).

This dispute is entirely different, and I think you know it.

I know this dispute is different of course, and my argument would never come to pass also of course as this is how the league is set up - but I’ve used your own words as a way to show how daft your argument is and I think your argument is probably the same view your club and majority of fans are taking.

The biggest issue here, and I know you agree with this, is just overall pettiness on both sides and by that I mean the clubs and the fans. Neither board wants to be the one to make the first step or allowance because of the reaction of the majority of their fanbase would be to turn against them. Rangers board seem to be just one bad result or decision away from being completely chased out the club.  Then you’ve got the Celtic board (who despite winning 12 titles in 13 years or whatever it is plus multiple other trophies and having millions in the bank) their own fans seem absolutely desperate to hate.

Edited by Sortmeout

Can I ask a potentially daft question.....

With a big f**k off crane on the pitch, I assume it's sat on at best, those big plastic outrigger pad things, or maybe even steel plates.... How are they protecting the actual grass? 

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

This dispute is entirely different, and I think you know it.

I don't think it is M8,the nets will not just be in place for the Celtic fans, admitting that the rangers fans can't be trusted in there own stadium.

16 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

They won’t, but I’d happily accept if the SPFL intervened in this fiasco. 

They already did intervene though, last season when the agreement was made and now we’ve not even been able to last one match without any shenanigans 😂

Just now, willywastecoat said:

I don't think it is M8,the nets will not just be in place for the Celtic fans, admitting that the rangers fans can't be trusted in their own stadium.

The nets are only going to be temporarily erected for matches against Celtic and then taken down again. It’s the same at Celtic Park.

Just now, SaintSamuel said:

What? Fans of every other club are subject to missiles thrown from the home support at Ibrox/Parkhead! Why on earth would they bother to take them down when they can be used to protect other supports as well. That would be absurd. 

I opened the rabbit hole and you just fell down it, fecking diddy.

37 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Can I ask a potentially daft question.....

With a big f**k off crane on the pitch, I assume it's sat on at best, those big plastic outrigger pad things, or maybe even steel plates.... How are they protecting the actual grass? 

I’d expect that the actual section of grass covered will need re-laid ?

21 minutes ago, SaintSamuel said:

What? Fans of every other club are subject to missiles thrown from the home support at Ibrox/Parkhead! Why on earth would they bother to take them down when they can be used to protect other supports as well. That would be absurd. 

Because it’s an agreement between Celtic and Rangers for the temporary netting for these matches only. It doesn’t cover any other SPFL matches.

Edited by AJF

24 minutes ago, SaintSamuel said:

Seconded

44 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

If the nets are to go up, and indeed stay up, then surely they can go up just now? It’s the other end that’s a building site. 

Could be wrong, but I believe the issue is that Celtic don't think the game will be played at Ibrox.

51yo women assaulted by Rangers fan, and within hours it's become a Celtic/Rangers sexfight.

Going to be so happy when you f**k off to the "Superleage Division 2" in the next few years and leave us alone.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

51yo women assaulted by Rangers fan, and within hours it's become a Celtic/Rangers sexfight.

Going to be so happy when you f**k off to the "Superleage Division 2" in the next few years and leave us alone.

In my defence, I did try and keep any away allocation stuff out the main forum by starting a thread in the Rangers v Celtic section. It just seems to have spilled over into here.