Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

In all seriousness it's pretty tinpot having him in the hall of fame.

He was in Scotland for 2, maybe 3 seasons?  Leaving aside all his history as a person it just screams that we were incredibly grateful to have any sort of talent in the Scottish game, however fleeting it was, and however it was paid for....

The dons will probably induct James Maddison into our hall of fame when he becomes an England regular right enough.

33 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He was in Scotland for 2, maybe 3 seasons?  Leaving aside all his history as a person it just screams that we were incredibly grateful to have any sort of talent in the Scottish game, however fleeting it was, and however it was paid for....

The dons will probably induct James Maddison into our hall of fame when he becomes an England regular right enough.

You’re right, it was 3 seasons. Whoever thought it was a good idea to put this paragon of virtue in our country’s Hall Of Fame? Aside from the things that he did on the pitch that he should be ashamed of, and no, I’m not referring to the “hilarious” yellow card incident, and the things off the pitch that he should be ashamed of, he also in effect knocked our national side out of Euro 96. Can the Scottish public not appeal this? No To Kingsford could get behind it.

4 hours ago, IggyStooge said:

"Forcefully struck with ten pounds sterling in coins on the cranium.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Rangers fans think throwing a ten pound note at someone would hurt them ten times as much as a one pound coin.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Three genuine world class players have played for Scottish clubs in my lifetime... Gazza, Brian Laudrup and Sasa Papac.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You’re right, it was 3 seasons. Whoever thought it was a good idea to put this paragon of virtue in our country’s Hall Of Fame? Aside from the things that he did on the pitch that he should be ashamed of, and no, I’m not referring to the “hilarious” yellow card incident, and the things off the pitch that he should be ashamed of, he also in effect knocked our national side out of Euro 96. Can the Scottish public not appeal this? No To Kingsford could get behind it.

It wasn't even a full three seasons.  He went to Middlesbrough in the Spring of 1998, having joined Rangers in summer 1995.

What contribution did he make to Scottish football? That's the criteria isn't it? I get that he played well for Rangers (aside from a shambolic and trophyless final season), but with his sectarianism and his violent conduct on and off the pitch, shouldn't Scottish football be trying to forget what an utter embarrassment he was?

Was it not a "public vote" that put him forward? Mass hysteria amongst Rangers fans probably forced his name in, and the "expert" who passes final judgement is likely a moron.

Sevco need to win on Sunday, a defeat and we can state they are pish whatever duff Austrian sides they beat.

On Gascoigne,  never a fan of the guy but he was good for Scottish football.  A transfer like that would never happen now, even with the baggage of his antics and dodgy knees.  Those were the days Bank of Scotland were writing Murray blank cheques and gave him 50m to underwrite a failed share issue a few years after Gascoigne departed.  

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

We have a lack of decent players to add to the Hall of Fame so we starting to scrap the bottom of the barrel.

You have to scrape through the bottom of the barrel to the outside to reach this guy.

56 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Helped kill the original rangers.  Legend

Oh my....

Edinburgh Hibernian PLC went into liquidation in 1991. Farmer reconstituted the club. “The club was on the stock exchange only that one time,” recalls Farmer. “It came back into private ownership when I came along. But what I did, everybody who had shares with Hibs, I gave them equivalent shares in the new format.

“So if someone had bought 100 shares and lost their money, what they got was 100 shares in the new format – the original club people had bought shares in went into liquidation. There was a new club, a new Hibernian. These people may well still have these shares today"

Hibsco....

26 minutes ago, bennett said:

Oh my....

Edinburgh Hibernian PLC went into liquidation in 1991. Farmer reconstituted the club. “The club was on the stock exchange only that one time,” recalls Farmer. “It came back into private ownership when I came along. But what I did, everybody who had shares with Hibs, I gave them equivalent shares in the new format.

“So if someone had bought 100 shares and lost their money, what they got was 100 shares in the new format – the original club people had bought shares in went into liquidation. There was a new club, a new Hibernian. These people may well still have these shares today"

Hibsco....

Christ almighty, you lifted that from your moronic mates in Rangers Media and it's utter bollocks.

Hibs were bought out of receivership by Tom Farmer. 

Read about it here ya fanny - http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/events/hands-off-hibs

30 minutes ago, bennett said:

Oh my....

Hibsco....

:lol: Congrats you've reached peak minter... Say hello to the folks on zombie Media..

2 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Sevco need to win on Sunday, a defeat and we can state they are pish whatever duff Austrian sides they beat.

On Gascoigne,  never a fan of the guy but he was good for Scottish football.  A transfer like that would never happen now, even with the baggage of his antics and dodgy knees.  Those were the days Bank of Scotland were writing Murray blank cheques and gave him 50m to underwrite a failed share issue a few years after Gascoigne departed.  

Explain to me how he was good for Scottish football.