Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

I helped a random guy with something. Git back in my wagon and ran over the guy's horse so quickly went from a white thumb to a red. Not only that but I had passengers who were praising me and then after the incident the programme obviously re-jiged to give me the negative narrative [emoji38] 
I think I might just become totally dishonourable. It seems like it'll be a whole lot less stressful.

Being honourable this time too and keeping my guy well groomed etc.. all so that I can be a dirty hairy scary looking maniac the next play through. [emoji41]

I spooked a dog in front of a train. No sign of any body so I guess it just got disintegrated. [emoji20]

Anyone else ride their horse into a tree? That's fun!
No tree, but I approached a medium boulder expecting Bert* to jump it and the bawbag ran right into it, sending me and my bear skin flying.

* Bert being my horse.

Not played a huge amount yet, but starting to get into it.  Opening section is quite slow (and by all accounts, the game seems to be that bit slower than, say, GTA V) but started out in the new settlement out of the mountains last night.  

My few hours with it last night basically involved trying to be a bit of a dick, having second thoughts, but then not knowing the controls well enough to stop it.  There was a woman stuck under a horse by the side of the road.  Helped her up, and she said she needed a lift back into town.  I'd already gotten a legendary bear pelt, so suspected there wouldn't be room for her.  I took too long, she took the huff and wandered off, at which point wee Arthur decided to rugby tackle her to the ground.  Needless to say, wasn't happy.  Then every person I came across was a right dick, leading to several gunfights I managed to come out on top in.  Topped it off with going into a wee village, getting into a fistfight with a guy who had hauners.  Ten guys chasing me out the place as I GMS'd my way over a wall, down a very steep drop onto the rocks below.

Still, I'm proper loving my $15 horse, which has of course been named "My Lovely Horse".

I need to get out the mind frame that the game is like GTA in which you can get shot 100 times and still survive. Seems to be about 3 or 4 shots and you're gone. 

About 20% completed now, and finding the map absolutely vast. Games such as GTA, I usually know where I am going and rarely use the map, but still finding myself having to set out a marker to follow to get to sites. 

Yesterday I was playing with the mindset to crack out a few of the missions, but I just find myself wandering off aimlessly round the hills or hopping on a boat and going down the river. It's a truly spectacular game. 

I need to get out the mind frame that the game is like GTA in which you can get shot 100 times and still survive. Seems to be about 3 or 4 shots and you're gone. 
About 20% completed now, and finding the map absolutely vast. Games such as GTA, I usually know where I am going and rarely use the map, but still finding myself having to set out a marker to follow to get to sites. 
Yesterday I was playing with the mindset to crack out a few of the missions, but I just find myself wandering off aimlessly round the hills or hopping on a boat and going down the river. It's a truly spectacular game. 
I read a piece about the game and the guy said "anyone expecting a GTA style game with horses and cowboys will be left disappointed". I'm still very early in but it's clear they are going for a strong character/story based game. For me that's perfect as I loved The Last of Us.

Has anyone unlocked Fast Travel yet? I think you need the ledger in the camp before you can go back there and I notice a stagecoach. I can see why there isn't FT straight away but once the map is fully unlocked I don't fancy riding everywhere, my thumb wouldn't survive.