Remembering the 12th of July

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

At work, I sometimes have to check people's Outlook calendars.

There's this lassie who is a total straightoid - goes to Church, is a leader at the Girl Guides - you'd never imagine that she'd ever be involved in anything iffy.

I was checking her calendar for this week - it has one entry for July 12th - it simply says 'Battle of the Boyne'!

I genuinely don't know what to think.

Isn't that just the "Show public holidays" setting in Outlook? You can select which countries you want to see. Because my boss and 2 other department members are in England, I have the U.K. selected on mine. The BotB shows up, presumably because it's holiday in upperireland. At least, I fucking hope that's why it's there.

Isn't that just the "Show public holidays" setting in Outlook? You can select which countries you want to see. Because my boss and 2 other department members are in England, I have the U.K. selected on mine. The BotB shows up, presumably because it's holiday in upperireland. At least, I fucking hope that's why it's there.

Just looked on my phone.... I've no put that pile of shite in anyway.

578434952d4f4_ImageUploadedByPieBovril14

That song 'No Pope of Rome' is a real rousing number. The sentiment could perhaps be mis-construed as being a little off, but I often whack it on before a night out.

A proper toe-tapper.

Happy exiting administration day...oh wait!

"Even if a CVA is agreed (unlikely, given that the administrators’ bill, as it stands, will shave £3 million off the £8.5 million in Green’s pot and Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs are unlikely to give their consent), there would be a further 28-day cooling-off period before the club could officially exit administration on July 12."

I quite liked the Lightning Seeds in general. There, I said it.

World in Motion was a decent tune too. That other England Vindaloo thing was dreadful, though.

Archived