For those wondering about ocular migraines...

Scintillating_scotoma.gif

They start small then grow and grow, usually in that kind of pattern for me, until half the vision in an eye is fuzzed to f**k and unusable. Heid doin for 15 minutes usually solves them for me.

Aw I get that sometimes, usually only happens at work. Don't get the headache after it though.

I've got partial sight in my left eye, developed a haemangioma when I was about 5 weeks old (rare strawberry birthmark, that's when you see folk with big red/purple patches on their face) but mins developed in behind my left eye. Had about 40 lazer operations by the time I was 1. Never really affected me though.

Away from anal fissures etc, here's my bog standard twisted ankle from last month. Few broken ligaments on both sides (went over it both sides) but back to walking relatively normal again. Can't jog or anything yet though, taking it bit by bit with physio helping quite a lot.

1469272244707.thumb.jpg.30ad2614bc512ca1

Away from anal fissures etc, here's my bog standard twisted ankle from last month. Few broken ligaments on both sides (went over it both sides) but back to walking relatively normal again. Can't jog or anything yet though, taking it bit by bit with physio helping quite a lot.

1469272244707.jpg

I can tell how old you are by the rings on your limb.

I can tell how old you are by the rings on your limb.

Yeah, the tube grip seemed to affect the bruising pattern. Most of the foot was bruised navy and purple from the lower shin to full toes a day or two after that picture was taken.

Won't lie, first bit of bruising around side of feet and over toes had me shiteing it over thoughts I'd given myself frostbite, as it coincided perfectly with where the frozen peas had gone. Had them wrapped in a damp towel at first but it just wasn't doing the business at all. Stupid.

I had a similar injury, with similar looking results, after visiting A&E was told that it was ligament & tendon damage, but on subsequent visits, as the healing was taking longer than usual - I was still on crutches after 5 weeks! they discovered I had shattered my heel.....
But if you are able to walk ok, I guess the damage is not too bad- speedy recovery & hope you get caving again soon.

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

On the plus side, if that's your pie-kicking foot, it's now ribbed for her pleasure.

5 hours ago, throbber said:

I had a very similar injury last year hedgecutter, just went right over on that side of my foot. Heard a snap and was sure it was broken but was able to walk it off the next day

Was the snap a twig, or a call from a nearby card game?  Because if it was your foot then you should start a 'miracle cures' thread.

15 hours ago, banana said:

They start small then grow and grow, usually in that kind of pattern for me, until half the vision in an eye is fuzzed to f**k and unusable. Heid doin for 15 minutes usually solves them for me.

The Predator has let himself go

18 hours ago, banana said:

This is exactly what I get and after a quick read up it turns out it is ocular migraines I've been getting and not aura at all. The difference being that ocular is in one eye and aura in both.

Like I said though, I find them quite enjoyable as it's like getting a free psychedelic trip for 20 minutes. Not so good when you're driving right enough as the blind spots are a bit of a hindrance.

Eta: This is also quite a good representation of it although I don't recall seeing the old guy in the red bandana.

unnamed (1).gif

Edited by Dee Man

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

This is exactly what I get and after a quick read up it turns out it is ocular migraines I've been getting and not aura at all. The difference being that ocular is in one eye and aura in both.

Like I said though, I find them quite enjoyable as it's like getting a free psychedelic trip for 20 minutes. Not so good when you're driving right enough as the blind spots are a bit of a hindrance.

Eta: This is also quite a good representation of it although I don't recall seeing the old guy in the red bandana.

unnamed (1).gif

Hulk Hogan has let himself go.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

If you're not getting a headache after your eyes go weird then it's an ocular migraine. An aura is the same thing in either one or both of your eyes and followed on by an absolutely brutal - and I mean brutal - headache. 

I get the psychedelic thing, it's hard to enjoy it though when you know that a b*****d of a headache's coming :P

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

unnamed (1).gif

Aye, that represents the blind spot aspect well. Fucking annoying when you're trying to get shit done and, boom, incapacitated.