Things you miss about childhood

DDcups

11 minutes ago, banana said:

^^^spoiled middle-class brat type post

I wish!  I don't want to get into a Four Yorkshiremen sketch but my early years were in a North Lanarkshire mining village in the 1970s. 

I would have loved to have been middle class though, exactly because I wasn't. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I wish!  I don't want to get into a Four Yorkshiremen sketch but my early years were in a North Lanarkshire mining village in the 1970s.

North Lanarkshire mining village in the 1970s? We used to dream of growing up in a North Lanarkshire mining village in the 1970s!

25 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

16p for a box of matches that would give you a whole days worth of fun/arson.

My mate was the chief pyromaniac in the operation. I was just an assistant. He was always experimenting with sugar and weed killer, aerosol cans, anything flammable really. He got some great results and kept the emergency services on their toes for few years.

Anybody have a CB in the early / mid 80's?

Had an Amstrad 901.  Nowadays there's virtually f*** all on 27mhz FM.  Over.

I knew a guy, Gary Morrison was his name.
It was the early 80's and Gary had a full CB kit on his chopper bicycle c/w car battery mounted behind the saddle on a specially constructed stand. Handset & tuner were mounted on the handlebars!
I'm fairly certain that he will be doing time for BEAST offences.
His handle was Obi Wan, take of that what you will.....

On 29/07/2016 at 12:57, KingQuerrey said:

Stealing pallets and bits of wood and shite like that from building sites and making a den in the woods. 

Yas! Illicit campfires cooking sausages and bacon up at Buckie Braes

Double Agents sweets

Lazily floating down the water of Leith on a large tractor inner tube. Going to the ice rink at least 8 times a week. Playing games of football with at least 40 people on each side.

There will be more.

Building wooden rafts for floating about in Grangemouth docks. Throwing a rock at my friend Eric who was sitting on the raft and splitting his head open instead of gently splashing him. A summer spent demolishing an abandoned house without injury. Cadging fags off sailors before paedophilia was invented.

On 7/29/2016 at 11:45, Bairnardo said:

In honestly dont know if kids nowadays do go off on their own for hours on end on their wee adventures like we did.

They don't.  Weans don't even make bogies* these days.

*Nothing to do with their nose.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ahhh..... Find a set of pram wheels for a genuinely life threatening bogey experience....

I don't think DA Baracus wanted to kill anyone, to be fair.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ahhh..... Find a set of pram wheels for a genuinely life threatening bogey experience....

As in:  "Kids, let's find a plank of wood and attach a set of pram wheels to it so I can hurl you down a hill"

The response would be, "That's shit.  We'll finish our paninis then go to the local climbing wall seeing as you booked it. We'll have sushi after".

On 7/28/2016 at 21:20, DDcups said:

I would go back to about 11-12 and just play football with my pal

On 7/28/2016 at 22:00, BigFatTabbyDave said:

You could still do that, assuming your pal's still with us.

Couple of days late with this response but me and my mate took a ball to the park around a month ago just to play long passes to each other and we were absolutely cunted after about 10 mins.

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

Couple of days late with this response but me and my mate took a ball to the park around a month ago just to play long passes to each other and we were absolutely cunted after about 10 mins.

Last time I tried to play football, I kicked the ground on my first go and could hardly walk for a week.

Young me would be suicidal if he'd known that we'd forget how to kick a fucking ball.

Archived