Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I never thought pages like that were allowed on Facebook anymore.

I've no idea how it works but it's a closed group and posts regularly get reported but when this happens the grass has their profile shared by admin for everyone to presumably send them threats and abusive messages. 

9 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I don’t think Rab is racist, but seems quite happy to gloss over other racists as long as they’re one of the few people who white knight him on here.

Should be surprised but we’ve seen plenty of examples of that attitude with regards to Liverpool fans’ actions, like blaming the father of the child who was hit with a missile for antagonising fully grown Liverpool supporters into throwing a missile at a child

Yeah, agreed. He refused to condemn racism from one of his white knights when given the chance and gave his standard banal patter instead.

File it beside the time he was ok with a Liverpool fan masturbating in front of thousands of people and being cheered on by other Liverpool fans. 

His months long meltdown over dots is glorious. You have to enjoy the P&B version of #thesquad (RBN, Jimmy boo, 14 Mile and magee) consistently being drawn back to their spiritual home on this thread.

13 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Yeah, agreed. He refused to condemn racism from one of his white knights when given the chance and gave his standard banal patter instead.

File it beside the time he was ok with a Liverpool fan masturbating in front of thousands of people and being cheered on by other Liverpool fans. 

His months long meltdown over dots is glorious. You have to enjoy the P&B version of #thesquad (RBN, Jimmy boo, 14 Mile and magee) consistently being drawn back to their spiritual home on this thread.

That’s your last 4 posts all about me. Suppose it give everyone a break from the career chat :)

47 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

You’ve some competition, but this up there with the worst posts you’ve made on here. Fair play for continuing to plummet the depths. 

ETA: Just wanted to edit this to emphasise how fucking moronic this post is. White people cannot say any version of the N word without being racist you absolute fuckwit. What the f**k is wrong with you, you absolute moron. 

My head is well and truly gone at the sheer stupidity of some of the posters on this website. 

Fucking hell. 

So I can’t sing along to Snoop?

You’ve some competition, but this up there with the worst posts you’ve made on here. Fair play for continuing to plummet the depths. 
ETA: Just wanted to edit this to emphasise how fucking moronic this post is. White people cannot say any version of the N word without being racist you absolute fuckwit. What the f**k is wrong with you, you absolute moron. 
My head is well and truly gone at the sheer stupidity of some of the posters on this website. 
Fucking hell. 

[emoji3]

Fucking hell. 

^ heads gone

Fucking hell.

Fucking hell indeed.

You should perhaps take a look at the band Cypress Hill. An American hip-hop band fronted by two vocalists. One a white man. The other a black man. Both rapping a form of the N-word in various songs. One song that springs to mind even features the N-word in its title. Doesn’t cause any offence or rifts though.

So again, it obviously depends how it’s being said and used because in certain circumstances and audiences, no offence is taken.

Now, just for clarity: Do I think it’d be a good idea for you to be walking about Muirton using the N-word in front of your neighbours? Absolutely not. But here we are... Yet another poorly thought out TSAC quest for cheap likes. Possibly your worst disasterpost aimed at me yet. That chip on your shoulder must be a fucking big tattie now.

I grew up listening to folk like Ice T, Eazy E, NWA, 2LiveCrew. They set out to shock. Using the N word (as well as many, many other naughty words) was confrontational, edgy and exciting to innocent little Scottish sheltered white boy ears. It was always clear though that they had taken ownership of that derogatory, offensive term and it’s not a term that a white person could ever be comfortable using in their presence regardless of context. 

There’s a sense of crossing any race divides if you love the artist and the music but that term is best left well alone and left only for them to use as they see fit. 

5 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Can we not just get along and agree that everyone who gets involved in the 'but black people use the N-word so it's OK for me to / white people using the N-word no matter the context is racist' are heads gone arse holes?

Indeed, so much ridiculously charged language when it comes to shite like this.

Just use some fucking common sense.

And why would that be then? 

Because you’d probably get fucking leathered obviously.

Actually, on second thoughts maybe you should crack on.

It looks like what is being said is "you can say racist things, as long as you're not meaning to be racist". 

No, it looks like some people in some cultures (mainly American hip-hop culture) can say a form of the n-word without causing offence because as Shandon Par says, they’ve taken ownership of the word and turned it into a term they use in a non-hateful sense, almost in an affectionate manner as an alternative to the likes of ‘bro’, ‘homey’ etc.

So in hip-hop culture, I understand why they say it, why they started using it and why it’s not seen as offensive. However, I also fully appreciate that it IS an offensive word pretty much everywhere and anywhere else.