Rutherglen Poltergeist

Dee Man

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't care if people scoff at this.

I once saw a ghost on the stairwell leading up to my old flat. It was on Tuesday 8th September 1992. Approximately 9.45 at night. When I entered the stair I immediately had a feeling that someone was in the stair. As I walked up the spiral staircase, what looked like a little girl came down the way and passed by me. On taking a closer look she had on one of those old fashioned bonnets. She looked about the size of an 8 year old but she had a very old face that made her look about 75. Still gives me the shivers when I think about it now. Took a very long time before I could start to relax whilst in the flat after that. I went to the local library and done a bit of research on the property and the old electoral roles and public census data but could find no records of any young girls that may have lived there previously. There is an old graveyard further back at the rear of the property and apparently there was a few people buried there that died from some sort of smallpox type plague well over a century prior.

Like i said though, don't care if people dont believe it. I know what I saw.

One of the side effects of Smallpox was ageing your face by 67 years.

1 hour ago, supermik said:

I once saw a ghost on the stairwell leading up to my old flat. It was on Tuesday 8th September 1992. Approximately 9.45 at night. When I entered the stair I immediately had a feeling that someone was in the stair. As I walked up the spiral staircase, what looked like a little girl came down the way and passed by me. On taking a closer look she had on one of those old fashioned bonnets. She looked about the size of an 8 year old but she had a very old face that made her look about 75. Still gives me the shivers when I think about it now. Took a very long time before I could start to relax whilst in the flat after that. I went to the local library and done a bit of research on the property and the old electoral roles and public census data but could find no records of any young girls that may have lived there previously. There is an old graveyard further back at the rear of the property and apparently there was a few people buried there that died from some sort of smallpox type plague well over a century prior.

dont-look-now-witch-red-coat.jpg

I met Archie Roy once, who had a bunch of stories of poltergeist phenomena and hauntings in Glasgow.  No real physical evidence to offer, but he was a very convincing witness and I could never come up with a likely reason why a respected professor of Astronomy would choose to go public with his experiences unless he truly believed in them.

Never experienced anything of the like myself, though.

4 hours ago, supermik said:

A 75 year old midget? 

6 hours ago, supermik said:

Scottish%20Actress%20Janette%20Cranky.jp

6 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Why are ghosts never outside? How come there isnt people walking down the High Street in clothes from the olden days ( OK there is in Dundee but thats real people and only really early 90s). Also, where are the T Rex and wooly ma

6 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Why are ghosts never outside? How come there isnt people walking down the High Street in clothes from the olden days ( OK there is in Dundee but thats real people and only really early 90s). Also, where are the T Rex ghosts?

Marc Bolan and Micky Finn?

8 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

It's amazing that these things only happen to tinks or full blown zoomers

I would tend to agree with this but I know a very intelligent and successful guy that claims to have seen a ghost in Bridlington. Says he saw an old 19th Century coal miner walking down the street on the sea front as he discussed a planning proposal with a couple of Town Planners. They never saw the ghost in question but said it was seen all the time there........I sceptically asked him if it was just part of a "reinactment show" for tourists!

9 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Why are ghosts never outside?

For exactly the same reason that they're never indoors.

Many of the common reasons for the perception or claimed perception of ghosts and ghostly activities are correlated with indoor environments. Beds (sleep paralysis - the most common genuine mistake as opposed to fraud), light sources, old pipes that generate noise and of course structures for setting-up poltergeist simulations.

It's not to do with being a zoomer or a tink though it's a case of having a mind that's open to suggestion or superstition though and everyone is different on the issue. If you were to put one person who's mind is open to this sort of stuff ( whether they realise it or not) into an old creepy looking house and told them that a crazy woman had butchered her 5 children there a hundred years ago and they all walked about haunting the place like a bunch of creepy fuckers their minds would be going into race mode with all this , particularly at night and when trying to sleep and fear and suspicion could easily take over resulting in what they believe to be a form of paranormal activity occurring. On the other hand someone who isn't open to this could be in the same house and hear a creak in the floorboards or a door shut and be able to reason that it is an old house and noises like that are normal.

There's also infrasound, which seems to be a common phenomenon in the types of old buildings that people claim to be haunted, and which apparently makes humans shit their pants and potentially experience hallucinations.

The film Irreversible used this quite a lot because Gaspar Noe is a c**t, and I remember feeling quite ill by the end of it, but I figured that was more due to the content at the time.

9 hours ago, throbber said:

It's not to do with being a zoomer or a tink though it's a case of having a mind that's open to suggestion or superstition though and everyone is different on the issue. If you were to put one person who's mind is open to this sort of stuff ( whether they realise it or not) into an old creepy looking house and told them that a crazy woman had butchered her 5 children there a hundred years ago and they all walked about haunting the place like a bunch of creepy fuckers their minds would be going into race mode with all this , particularly at night and when trying to sleep and fear and suspicion could easily take over resulting in what they believe to be a form of paranormal activity occurring. On the other hand someone who isn't open to this could be in the same house and hear a creak in the floorboards or a door shut and be able to reason that it is an old house and noises like that are normal.

So, zoomers then.

Archived