The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

4 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

What happened that Tranent are apologising?? 

Having been personally subjected to homophobic abuse from Tranetn fans I'm hardly shocked. Glad they're at least apologising for fans behaviour this time

13 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

What happened that Tranent are apologising?? 

I like you as a poster, same with D Dave. But, this is not just a Tranent issue, albeit it appears this has gone a step to far! Linlithgow has already restricted their own 'ultras' as the wee knows are already causing trouble in the town centre. If clubs at this level, including East of Scotland clubs don't control their 'young teams' better, then this scene may get out of control. I know not all clubs are affected by this kind of issue, but taunting by a few 'young teams' appears to be getting out of hand. 

7 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

I like you as a poster, same with D Dave. But, this is not just a Tranent issue, albeit it appears this has gone a step to far! Linlithgow has already restricted their own 'ultras' as the wee knows are already causing trouble in the town centre. If clubs at this level, including East of Scotland clubs don't control their 'young teams' better, then this scene may get out of control. I know not all clubs are affected by this kind of issue, but taunting by a few 'young teams' appears to be getting out of hand. 

It's definitely not just a Tranent issue but what happend to cause the statements.

"Ultras" at this level can be an excuse for wee fannies to act like wee fannies. 

32 minutes ago, Dicko23 said:

It's definitely not just a Tranent issue but what happend to cause the statements.

"Ultras" at this level can be an excuse for wee fannies to act like wee fannies. 

I don’t mind the young lads supporting their team and being a bit noisy if it’s organic, and they were/are genuinely supporters of the club.

It’s the ‘rent an ultra’ bunch that get on my wick, usually turn out in greatest numbers when that YouTuber boy is bouncing about.  

1 hour ago, Dicko23 said:

If you use Facebook, check Tranent F.C. Supporters Page where details are included in the comments underneath the statement shown earlier on this page. 

Tuesday 2nd April LL v East Kilbride Cliftonhill 7.45pm k-o
Admission Adults £11, Concessions (OAPs, Students, People not in work, 14-17 year old) £6, Under 14 £3, Carers free
Rovers season tickets valid - token 16
Pay at the gate cash or card

As we all know big spending EK sit atop of the table with a whopping 72 points from 30 matches and need just a single point from this match to secure the title and a place in the Lowland League v Highland League play-off to face SPFL "team 42". Rovers are currently 8th in the table with 45 points from 30 games played.

Impressive as EK's record this season is, as detailed below Rovers have won every game they've played against EK (click to enlarge) most recently our 3-1 triumph at the K Park on Boxing Day. This also marks EK's first ever visit to Cliftonhill.

1ek.jpg

16 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Oh its absolutely not a Tranent specific issue, just stating my genuine gratitude to the fact that their officials are actually responding to instances like this in the correct manner, rather than how they did in the past.

8 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I don’t mind the young lads supporting their team and being a bit noisy if it’s organic, and they were/are genuinely supporters of the club.

It’s the ‘rent an ultra’ bunch that get on my wick, usually turn out in greatest numbers when that YouTuber boy is bouncing about.  

Aye think that's the difference. Seen a lot of "young" lads supporting and singing and dancing but a lot of the time they are under 12.. 

Then it gets to the wee fannies who harass people that are older aren't actually Ultras.

I was sat near some albion rovers ones at Ainslie Park the other week, who had to be warned constant by stewards and wanted to harass Norrie Work

7 hours ago, roy of the rovers said:

Impressive as EK's record this season is, as detailed below Rovers have won every game they've played against EK (click to enlarge) most recently our 3-1 triumph at the K Park on Boxing Day. This also marks EK's first ever visit to Cliftonhill.

1ek.jpg

Hi Roy, thanks , just put the biggest possible mockers on the result 😊 

On 01/04/2024 at 03:15, Casey Jones said:

Taunts of "kill the kilby" from the home "ultras", among other things, were to be heard on saturday, not nice to hear from the younger element! Things are getting well out of hand now, and it is not just an East lothian problem! Such a shame!

2 hours ago, 125 Express said:

Taunts of "kill the kilby" from the home "ultras", among other things, were to be heard on saturday, not nice to hear from the younger element! Things are getting well out of hand now, and it is not just an East lothian problem! Such a shame!

Can’t agree with you more👍

3 hours ago, 125 Express said:

What is it about EK Dodgy that upsets people so much?

19 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

Success.

EK have won the league before and when they played Cowden, they seemed to be the darlings of the media and other Lowland League fans.

Only difference now is that your management team is regarded as arrogant and with an attitude that gets up everyone’s nose. Add some rumours that they have dodgy friends with cash to burn.

Isn’t working for MK personally at the moment as guys like Calum Elliot get gigs in the SPFL while MK has to negotiate the play off roulette wheel 

15 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

EK have won the league before and when they played Cowden, they seemed to be the darlings of the media and other Lowland League fans.

Only difference now is that your management team is regarded as arrogant and with an attitude that gets up everyone’s nose. Add some rumours that they have dodgy friends with cash to burn.

Isn’t working for MK personally at the moment as guys like Calum Elliot get gigs in the SPFL while MK has to negotiate the play off roulette wheel 

I've no idea why.  Mick and si are sound and quite frankly it just reeks of pure bitterness. 

Anyone that have spoken with them always say they're decent lads.  Some clown from another team was slagging them off on twitter before coming to k park.  Met them then was gushing about them on twitter. 

It's the usual nonsensical Scottish trait of not liking someone else's success. 

Mick and si will leave ek at some point and go on to another club, I expect they'll get the same level of vitriol.