The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

26 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

Interesting 😄

Not really.   You can train on a pitch that has a few puddles of water but you know that a referee is not letting a game start if there are puddles stopping the ball bouncing.  

Nothing to see here, move on.

Success needs to be quantified.

EK have won the league before and went the playoffs before and failed.

I'm also not convinced that the club have the backing of the town. The average seems lower than Pollok.

Edited by PossilYM

Aye because if your own teams game was called off for a waterlogged pitch then you heard the team were training on it you'd not ask any questions? If you're going to hate on the guy, be it for something tangible.

all i can say is poor groundstaff. 

12 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

Aye because if your own teams game was called off for a waterlogged pitch then you heard the team were training on it you'd not ask any questions? If you're going to hate on the guy, be it for something tangible.

fair enough being upset about it, but its the tweeting about it. EK are going to win the league, does it really matter when?

16 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

Why tweet about it ? Lots of things happen in football that other’s dont like, Maybe explains the previous posts about why people don’t like MK.

13 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Why tweet about it ? Lots of things happen in football that other’s dont like, Maybe explains the previous posts about why people don’t like MK.

And you're a grown man taking to a parochial football forum to complain about a guy that manages a club in the Lowland League 😂

43 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

And you're a grown man taking to a parochial football forum to complain about a guy that manages a club in the Lowland League 😂

This sums it up to perfection oyster.🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

It happens all the time - most recently with Dundee who did the same after their game v Aberdeen was called off. All it takes is a small patch to be waterlogged for the game to be off, it doesn't mean the team can't do shuttle runs on the other side of the park. If it can happen at the top flight, Mick shouldn't be shocked that it might also happen in the Lowland League.

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

Kennedy courts publicity by banging his gums on Twitter and every other platform he can find. Not sure why you're surprised when people don't like him.

58 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Kennedy courts publicity by banging his gums on Twitter and every other platform he can find. Not sure why you're surprised when people don't like him.

Because its social media,  it's a nonsense,  it's actually really easy to ignore,  but that wouldn't sit with the narrative that he's a bad guy.

If you don't like it don't engage with it.

Maybe it's my fault,  I'm maybe thinking that the posters on here are ages with myself and i can't grasp why they're getting their knickers in a twist about some guy who doesn't impact their lives one iota unless they had a chicken burger that didn't agree with them

5 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

Because its social media,  it's a nonsense,  it's actually really easy to ignore,  but that wouldn't sit with the narrative that he's a bad guy.

If you don't like it don't engage with it.

Maybe it's my fault,  I'm maybe thinking that the posters on here are ages with myself and i can't grasp why they're getting their knickers in a twist about some guy who doesn't impact their lives one iota unless they had a chicken burger that didn't agree with them

Mate, this site and Whatsapp are the sum total of my engagement with social media so you're preaching to the converted in that respect.

What I'm saying is that you're defending a guy who actively seeks attention, probably regardless of what form that takes, due to his massive ego. He gets exactly what he wants so he'll be happy.

Not sure why the EK fans on here cant understand why people don't like him.  His tweet on saturday about players being out injured and suspended before the game as some sort of excuse is a bit embarrassing, then this crap about albion rovers training, albion can frankly train where and when they want, what does it have to do with him, he never really gives the opposition any credit despite any team that beats them having a tiny fraction of a budget he has.  This on top of the whole soldiers of love caper from last year. Don't have any evidence to say he is a bad guy but a complete weirdo for me.

4 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

He has a platform as a EK Club Representative and is using it to disrespect another Club.

Im a fan who is using a forum to express my view which is generally what forums are for ? 

6 hours ago, Hauzen said:

I'm an EK fan and I don't like him.

Hoping he gets EK promoted this season and then moves on to another project swiftly after.

More chance he will move on if you get beat in the playoffs.

On 03/04/2024 at 23:57, Hauzen said:

I'm an EK fan and I don't like him.

Hoping he gets EK promoted this season and then moves on to another project swiftly after.

I’ve never been a massive fan myself hauzen. But i do find it strange how he seems to get under the skin of so many grown men based on throw away comments and shite patter on twitter. Its bizzare.

On 03/04/2024 at 11:36, Smokerson said:

Not sure why the EK fans on here cant understand why people don't like him

Same - from the outside, he's quite literally a caricature of the most unlikable guy you can possibly think of. A man in his mid-40's that dresses like a 13 year old, is terminally online, and seems to have no discernible talent other than having the financial means to surround himself with people who have the required skills. He's not a 'bad guy' or that, just incredibly irritating. He looks like he lives off Elf Bars and Prime. He's basically a Scottish Lower League version of Wayne Lineker. Like someone read a book called 'What will rub most people up the wrong way' and built him in a lab.

I also have to caveat this with the fact that I've met him several times and played against his Colville Park team and he's been brand new. Genuinely sound as f**k. He obviously knows the way he presents himself gets a reaction and annoys folk and he leans into it.

I cannot imagine why he'd want to take a job in the leagues. I said this when he was being touted (clearly by himself) for the Clyde job. He'd get found out rapid. EK's method this season has been extraordinary. I read somewhere that they've used almost 40 players. That can almost be excused if injuries have meant that he's had to dig in to the youth academy, but with every injury it seems like they've just went out and bought someone else. You just can't do that at a team like Clyde, or any team in the SPFL for that matter. EK's season has basically played out like a joke, like some kind of hyper-Darvel.

With all that in mind, I'd absolutely love to see EK go up this season (although PLEASE not at the expense of Clyde ffs). It'd be like some kind of social experiment. I'm absolutely dying to see what MK does when he simply doesn't have unlimited resources.

Edited by Brian Carrigan
Bad English