The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

13 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

It feels like it’s EK’s time, (which is why I hope they win, nothing against Stranraer at all).

I want Stranraer to stay up cos of the drive. Really not keen on having to make that trip. 

On 02/05/2024 at 21:24, Oystercatcher said:

Been reading posts in other forums about how many teams don't want east kilbride to get promotion due to the spending on players this season. 

I'm starting to think it would be unfair on other teams in scottish league 2 if we did get promotion as it appears they're paying their players in food stamps and refundable irn bru bottles .

Widden pallets.

3 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

I want Stranraer to stay up cos of the drive. Really not keen on having to make that trip. 

At least it’s only 1 trip a season (excluding cup draws).

Agreed the journey isn’t great but also fair play to the Stranraer fans making those journeys every 2nd week.

Wouldn't mind getting Stranraer away in the first round of the Scottish Cup if they lose this, a bit pricey but flying to Belfast from Inverness and catching the ferry would be fun.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Wouldn't mind getting Stranraer away in the first round of the Scottish Cup if they lose this, a bit pricey but flying to Belfast from Inverness and catching the ferry would be fun.

I once deliberately went to a Renfrew-Rob Roy game using the Renfrew ferry, just so's I could say I'd gone to the fitba by boat.

What’s the story with tickets for Saturday? 
Presume given the capacity of the ground it will be an all ticket affair? 
The East Kilbride website doesn’t offer too much information. 

2 hours ago, Mattmc said:

What’s the story with tickets for Saturday? 
Presume given the capacity of the ground it will be an all ticket affair? 
The East Kilbride website doesn’t offer too much information. 

When we played EK in the playoffs, we were given 125 tickets for the game at KP. I would assume that Stranraer will get something similar and sell them direct to their fans.

27 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

100 tickets to an away team is just wrong. They don’t deserve to be in the pyramid anymore than a bad pitch Buckie Thistle. P.S you better sell some good mayo chicken burgers at half time

I'm a bit confused, why don't they deserve to be in the pyramid, because they are giving 100 tickets to the away support?. They are a licensed team with their own ground, well shared with the council I believe, and have won the tier 5 lowland league and now playing against the worst team in the SPFL in a play off. Looks to me that deserves to be in it which they are and now EK have their chance to move up the pyramid

4 hours ago, PELE said:

When we played EK in the playoffs, we were given 125 tickets for the game at KP. I would assume that Stranraer will get something similar and sell them direct to their fans.

Thats pretty poor. 

Licensing criteria isn’t really working if that’s all they can offer away fans. 

Stranraer are one of the poorest supported teams in the league yet easily take a crowd of 125 or more when playing in the central belt. 

Should East Kilbride go up there will be quite a few teams with the same issue. 

I understand this is an issue for the likes of Old Firm getting away tickets but should never be an issue at this level. 

On 05/05/2024 at 19:03, Oystercatcher said:

At least we have a stadium with plans to build another,  those deluded Clyde fans bitching when they don't even have a home 😂

Must be the only EK Dodgy fan i've heard of whose big team isn't Clyde.

4 hours ago, PELE said:

The covered terracing behind the goal could easily hold 300.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'm a bit confused, why don't they deserve to be in the pyramid, because they are giving 100 tickets to the away support?. They are a licensed team with their own ground, well shared with the council I believe, and have won the tier 5 lowland league and now playing against the worst team in the SPFL in a play off. Looks to me that deserves to be in it which they are and now EK have their chance to move up the pyramid

Giving 100 tickets to us when u make it into L2 is embarrassing. Our average away support is higher than 100

Edited by BullyWeeClydeFc

Just now, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Giving 100 tickets to us when u make it into L2 is embarrassing. Our average away support is higher than 100

Well its embarrassing for you, nothing wrong with that but at the end of the day, they are  fully licensed club and correctly in the pyramid

20 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Not bad for a club without a home 

53 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

The covered terracing behind the goal could easily hold 300.

When I went there for a game against Hamilton years ago, and when the terrace behind the goal got put up for the celtic match it was quoted as 500 IIRC

When Rovers played there in the Scottish Cup a few years ago EK gave us an allocation of 30 which even for us was wholly inadequate. As it happened they couldn't sell all of their own allocation and Rovers got plenty extra.

As for ticket sales for this match I imagine it shall be exactly the same as for the ill fated Buckie match. IE. EK season ticket holders have some set aside and can get physical tickets at the K Park and all of the rest will go on sale via EK Fanbase online split home and away. I don't see there's any time for any other way of distributing them.

Price for Buckie was £10/£5, not sure if they'll bung it up to £12/£6 or leave them alone.