Celtic v Rangers

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Davie Bhoy said:

If your team scores & celebrates like all teams do, would you be happy for the ref to restart the game when your players weren't back into position as is the standard expectation? Or would you be calling him a cheating...

If my team was stupid enough to run all the way back to their own half, then continue to celebrate at one side of the pitch as the other team took kick off I'd be fucking raging with my own team, not the ref. Anybody that thinks the ref is 'cheating' in your example is clearly a fucking headcase.

If my team was stupid enough to run all the way back to their own half, then continue to celebrate at one side of the pitch as the other team took kick off I'd be fucking raging with my own team, not the ref. Anybody that thinks the ref is 'cheating' in your example is clearly a fucking headcase.

Then you sir are a lying b*****d. Teams score goals, teams celebrate with their fans. They then get back into position and when the ref see's both teams are ready he restarts. It's normal practise. That game was different and your talking crap if you your suggesting you'd be fine with that.

4 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Maybe we could just lock the ref in the changing room like Hearts did, or have a Dundee Utd meltdown like Craig Levein did.

Funnily enough on both occasions they were playing Rangers when this happened. Strange that.

If the game is so biased against Celtic how come they're the most successful Club in the Country?

1 minute ago, sjc said:

If the game is so biased against Celtic how come they're the most successful Club in the Country?

Because they're so awesome, have you not followed the thread?

Celtic won 9-in-a-row in spite of the referees, Rangers due to them. It's perfectly simple.

46 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

So even after 3 high profile cases which were all against the same club, you still refuse to acknowledge the possibility of this!

How do you justify the ref restarting the game here in the example I gave you?

IMG_1473170621.328251.jpg

as you can see from the picture, all the celtic players were in their half of the field, which is all the referee is concerned about before restarting the game. Tough tit if celtic players (and you) were too dumb to know the rules of football.  

So even after 3 high profile cases which were all against the same club, you still refuse to acknowledge the possibility of this!

How do you justify the ref restarting the game here in the example I gave you?

IMG_1473170621.328251.jpg

If your team are fucking stupid enough to be in their own half celebrating a goal that's their own fault.

The referee doesn't have to 'wait until they're in position'.

f**k sake.

You're highlighting refereeing mistakes not evidence of bias you absolute balloon.

By your logic I could put together a dossier of why willie collum hates Aberdeen and desperately wanted to prevent us winning the league.

Except... I would come across like a complete lunatic.

1 minute ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Then you sir are a lying b*****d. Teams score goals, teams celebrate with their fans. They then get back into position and when the ref see's both teams are ready he restarts. It's normal practise. That game was different and your talking crap if you your suggesting you'd be fine with that.

I'm not lying. 

Normal practice would be for the team that scored not to all run into their own half of play and start celebrating there. The fact they all (bar one or two) made a pigs arse of it isn't the referee's fault.

4 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

I'll agree with you & say he prob was the one ref who I thought was pretty favourable to us. Unlike the refs who are biased towards Rangers, he didn't last long :lol: strange!

The general idea Davie is that they aren't favourable to anyone.

1 hour ago, Davie Bhoy said:

I don't believe every single ref is at it but I do think there are & have been quite a few who have been openly biased.

Do you not believe it's possible? I mean we have outed Jim Farry for sabotaging our season. Had he not delayed the registration of Cadete, we may have won a League & Scottish Cup double & prevented Rangers doing their tainted 9IAR. We had Dougie McDonald conspire to lie to the Celtic manager when he overturned a penalty, then the SFA turned on Craven for whistleblowing (pardon the pun) & froze him out the game. We had the head of refs who'd a questionable past in refereeing Celtic games himself, sending anti-Catholic e-mails.

These are just the ones we know of. If anybody doesn't think that in this land where the Freemasons & Orange Lodges often work hand in hand & have affinities with Rangers, that there haven't been many refs showing bias then so be it. I think it's rather naive.

I also remember my first Celtic v Rangers game when the ref allowed Rangers to kick-off right after Celtic scored despite our players still celebrating over at the Jungle. They only had Pat Bonner & about 3-4 other players on the park to stop them. It was clear for the ref to see we weren't ready to restart the game and yet start the game he did. You just can't explain or justify that.

Nobody involved in the Jim Farry case, including Fergus McCann or any of the Celtic team ever alleged that Farry was biased against Celtic.  He was sacked because he made a mistake in interpreting the rules about registering a player, in a particularly complicated transfer.

Dougie MacDonald made the correct decision to overturn the penalty but was covering his arse because of his initial mistake so didn't tell Lennon what had happened and then lied in his report.

Hugh Dallas has no questionable past in refereeing Celtic games, if you are referring to the 3-0 game in 2000.  He was correct to send off both Mahe and Riseth in that game and to award a penalty to Rangers.  Celtic's players lost their discipline in a hugely important match that day, it was unforgivable.  The behaviour of the Celtic fans who invaded the pitch, threw coins at Dallas and engaged in disturbances after the game was absolutely disgraceful.  In addition, the Celtic board and chairman at that time validated it by their comments.  A truly shameful episode for Celtic.  As for his email being "anti-Catholic" then you probably need to strap on a pair if you think that an extremely innocuous picture like that is proof of anything.

As has already been pointed out on this thread the example you use from the Old Firm game in 1992 or 1993 shows that the referee was correct to restart play when he did.  Also, if I'm not mistaken Celtic won that game, another triumph against all odds.

The Orange Order is stuffed with tubby bigots not Scottish referees.  Mason Lodges (which don't exclude Catholics incidentally) are mainly places for cheap drink and for middle aged men to get away from their wives for an evening.  If you think that there is some shadowy room filled with powerful men conspiring then you are just wrong I'm afraid.  Incidentally, has any referee ever been shown to be a member of an Orange or Masonic Lodge?

Archived