Celtic v Rangers

5 minutes ago, sjc said:

Should have been a Red Card, surely?!

:lol:

I was once told by a pal of mine from Carfin that Hugh Dallas is in fact a Catholic, albeit a lapsed Catholic.  With the exception of sending off Stephane Mahe, personally I still believe it to be a harsh red, I can't recall any "anti-Celtic bias" from Dallas.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, during the twenty years over which the nefarious incidents that Davie Bhoy details in his post Celtic won

Eight league titles

Seven Scottish Cups

Five Scottish League cups

The fallow periods for Celtic during this time came when they had their incompetent board with Liam Brady and Lou Macari as manager and then in the early 2000s when they had Barnes and Venglos in charge.  Not sure you can blame referees for Celtic employing those jokers or signing the absolute dross that played for the club around that time.

5 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I reckon the **** should beat the **** in this one by a goal.

Could be a draw which should keep the **** happy,  but may disappoint the ****.

Which is your big team?

The ****? Or the ****?

Just now, The Saintee said:

Which is your big team?

The ****? Or the ****?

Jaggy loves The Rangers.  He and MikeyWellFan are two of the biggest bluenoses on our threads.  They both simply express their commitment to us a little clumsily sometimes.

4 hours ago, Davie Bhoy said:

I don't believe every single ref is at it but I do think there are & have been quite a few who have been openly biased.

Do you not believe it's possible? I mean we have outed Jim Farry for sabotaging our season. Had he not delayed the registration of Cadete, we may have won a League & Scottish Cup double & prevented Rangers doing their tainted 9IAR. We had Dougie McDonald conspire to lie to the Celtic manager when he overturned a penalty, then the SFA turned on Craven for whistleblowing (pardon the pun) & froze him out the game. We had the head of refs who'd a questionable past in refereeing Celtic games himself, sending anti-Catholic e-mails.

These are just the ones we know of. If anybody doesn't think that in this land where the Freemasons & Orange Lodges often work hand in hand & have affinities with Rangers, that there haven't been many refs showing bias then so be it. I think it's rather naive.

I also remember my first Celtic v Rangers game when the ref allowed Rangers to kick-off right after Celtic scored despite our players still celebrating over at the Jungle. They only had Pat Bonner & about 3-4 other players on the park to stop them. It was clear for the ref to see we weren't ready to restart the game and yet start the game he did. You just can't explain or justify that.

3 hours ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Teams score goals, teams celebrate with their fans. They then get back into position and when the ref see's both teams are ready he restarts. It's normal practise. That game was different and your talking crap if you your suggesting you'd be fine with that.

b8mXrma.gif

14 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

I'm almost tempted to want Rangers to win 1-0 with a late controversial penalty, just to see if spontaneous human combustion is a thing. 

Yes, that scenario would be..."interesting".

I realise the topic has moved away from the game (lol) slightly since Davie cranked open his cranium and let the demons inside vomit out onto the board, but if I could try and steer it back in course somewhat.

After our start to the season where we have looked ropey as hell at the back and struggle to put away the chances we are creating, I'm genuinely worried that we might be onto a tanking here.  

They'll want to put us to the sword early and the home fans should be frothing at the mouth by kick off time so I can see it being a particularly hostile atmosphere.

With their pace up front and our utter lack of it at the back, I'm not hopeful. 

I remember 2009 we were in the 4th round of the Scottish Cup. 2 down at half time, we started the second the better side and had 2 great chances to score before we eventually pulled one back. Our goalscorer was booked for allegedly OTT celebrations with the support, he must have been a yard or two off the park swamped by the rest of our team but not in amongst the fans. We weren't that bothered, we were back in the game and the equaliser was gonna come as we were all over them. With about 20 minutes to go our goalscorer fouled the opposition left back. The ref booked him and so he was sent off. This effectively finished any hope we had of getting a draw. Who was the ref? Willie Collum. Who were we playing? Celtic at Parkhead. Pipe doon Davie Bhoy and stop talking utter shite

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Canna be dain with folk coming out of the woodwork all over the shop and telling us 'it's the biggest game in world football don't care what anybody says' aye right you are then mate

If the eyes of the world are on this game (cough) then here's hoping that the bigoted buffoons don't embarrass us all.

5 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

They'll want to put us to the sword early and the home fans should be frothing at the mouth by kick off time so I can see it being a particularly hostile atmosphere.

With their pace up front and our utter lack of it at the back, I'm not hopeful. 

Decent summary.  I fully expect a scudding and a very difficult season ahead.  I'm taking my elder daughter clothes shopping on Saturday afternoon.  Even this will be more enjoyable than facing the braying P&B hordes!

Archived