Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

11 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

They say the people of Inverness speak the Queen's English so presumably she said "righ' enough, there you go."

And still the row rumbles on....

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/queen-likely-to-be-brassed-off-with-jacob-rees-mogg-over-prorogation-move-1-5002117

I was thinking about starting a thread asking if any P&bers had ever lied to the Queen, but I wouldn't want to steal ICTChris's thunder.

"You've got think that she's sitting on her throne feeling rather brassed off about the advice that was given to her by Jacob Rees Mogg that it was a perfectly proper thing for her to do, to suspend Parliament," he told Sky News.

What goes through Lizzie's mind while she does a shite is nobodies business but her own, IMO.

Fucking David Cameron reappearing to criticise Boris and Gove. While absolutely not disagreeing with his view that both have behaved appallingly it's difficult to reconcile his statement of "I've stayed silent for 3 years but have to speak now"  when he happens to have a book to sell.

He's rich to an extent that future earnings are of no meaningful consequence..

What an absolute c**t of a man

He's a Tory, everything he ever thinks about is to somehow monetise absolutely everything.

Fucking David Cameron reappearing to criticise Boris and Gove. While absolutely not disagreeing with his view that both have behaved appallingly it's difficult to reconcile his statement of "I've stayed silent for 3 years but have to speak now"  when he happens to have a book to sell.

22 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Cameron is a c**t but I’m quite happy to see him putting the boot into Johnson and Gove.

”My enemy’s enemy...” and all that.

They bullied him into holding a referendum. They bullied him to run a lousy campaign and ultimately they beat him. Reading about his sour grapes does not excuse all the mistakes he made or make me think better of him. A truly weak leader.

7 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Jo Maugham tweeting that the No deal legislation may be flawed and Johnson/Cummings may have a way around it!

Clever-dick legal solutions are never really solutions. For every contract or Act of Parliament there's a loophole. For every loophole there's a solution. And for that solution there will be another loophole. There's money and prestige in all this legal work - lawyers are clever people. But clever people are not always wise. You can't really make people do things that they fundamentally don't want to do - you can wave a court judgement in their face but they just refuse or make a bad job of it. This latest phase of this mess arises because the Speaker has decided that the government should no longer be in control of parliamentary business and because this government should have been no-confidenced and removed when it lost its majority and its ability to govern. The fact that the other parties were worried about election timing vis a vis 31st Oct is just tough luck - you can't hold a puppet government in place and expect it to cooperate and dance to your tune. And don't bleat "but they must obey the law". As the tweet shows, the law will be clear as mud on this. And the people - excluding the politically active, urban middle classes - mostly think that it's the people who should be obeyed.

Edited by Pet Jeden

Clever-dick legal solutions are never really solutions. For every contract or Act of Parliament there's a loophole. For every loophole there's a solution. And for that solution there will be another loophole. There's money and prestige in all this legal work - lawyers are clever people. But clever people are not always wise. You can't really make people do things that they fundamentally don't want to do - you can wave a court judgement in their face but they just refuse or make a bad job of it. This latest phase of this mess arises because the Speaker has decided that the government should no longer be in control of parliamentary business and because this government should have been no-confidenced and removed when it lost its majority and its ability to govern. The fact that the other parties were worried about election timing vis a vis 31st Oct is just tough luck - you can't hold a puppet government in place and expect it to cooperate and dance to your tune. And don't bleat "but they must obey the law". As the tweet shows, the law will be clear as mud on this." And the people - excluding the politically active, urban middle classes - mostly think that it's the people who should be obeyed.

^^^ word salad

57 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

They bullied him into holding a referendum. They bullied him to run a lousy campaign and ultimately they beat him. Reading about his sour grapes does not excuse all the mistakes he made or make me think better of him. A truly weak leader.

Don’t disagree with any of that but my point still stands.

All proceeds to charity, apparently.

His connection with sick kids hospital (after personal involvement) is well noted.

He's a c**t - but he's not doing this for money (which he certainly doesn't need anyway)

Maybe he didn't lie to the queen.  Maybe he (or JRM ?) just told her straight - "this is just to mug-off these anti-democratic Remainiac b*****ds" and HM replied "fair enough - there you go"

The idea the Queen even reads what she's asked to sign is funny

I would assume there was one question asked. “Will it affect the revenues gained by the crown from the plebs next year?”

Immediately signed off when assured it wouldn’t.

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

All proceeds to charity, apparently.

His connection with sick kids hospital (after personal involvement) is well noted.

He's a c**t - but he's not doing this for money (which he certainly doesn't need anyway)

That being the case then at least some benefit.

His timing notwithstanding to somehow improve the general view of him remains utterly opportunistic. 

We agree he's a c**t in any case.

Is this actual discussion about whether or not Cameron is a horrible wretch? Such a conversation should go something like this....

"I am unsure whether David Cameron is a horrible evil c**t, tell me about him"

"Ok, David Cameron is a former Conser....."

"Thats plenty thanks"