Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Jamie Oliver's company blames the closure of 6 restaurants out of his 42 in the UK on Brexit - https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jan/06/jamie-oliver-close-restaurants-brexit-jamies-italian-barbecoa.

"“As every restaurant owner knows, this is a tough market and post-Brexit the pressures and unknowns have made it even harder,” said Simon Blagden, chief executive of the Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group."

So why are the other restaurants immune to those pressures? Or is it just that diners in those six towns prefer to eat in other restaurants which offer better food and value? In my experience, Jamie's Italians are absolutely terrible - poor food at ridiculous prices, especially at airports. 

But wait - “Our overall business is in very good shape, we finished last year with like for like sales growth and an increase in covers,” said Blagden."

So Brexit is not to blame after all! GIRUY!

Jamie Oliver's company blames the closure of 6 restaurants out of his 42 in the UK on Brexit - https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jan/06/jamie-oliver-close-restaurants-brexit-jamies-italian-barbecoa.

"“As every restaurant owner knows, this is a tough market and post-Brexit the pressures and unknowns have made it even harder,” said Simon Blagden, chief executive of the Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group."

So why are the other restaurants immune to those pressures? Or is it just that diners in those six towns prefer to eat in other restaurants which offer better food and value? In my experience, Jamie's Italians are absolutely terrible - poor food at ridiculous prices, especially at airports. 

But wait - “Our overall business is in very good shape, we finished last year with like for like sales growth and an increase in covers,” said Blagden."

The overall business involves several other brands and seems to be expected future growth to come mainly in Australia.

If you're going to get angry about this it would make more sense to get angry about the Guardian putting the Brexit aspect of the story quite so front and centre in it's coverage.

But really the bigger question is... Have you considered decaf?

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The overall business involves several other brands and seems to be expected future growth to come mainly in Australia.

If you're going to get angry about this it would make more sense to get angry about the Guardian putting the Brexit aspect of the story quite so front and centre in it's coverage.

But really the bigger question is... Have you considered decaf

Jamie Oliver's company said Brexit was to blame for the closures. It seems to have backtracked after the claims were fisked in the media. 

I'm not angry about this. It's just a pity that his crap restaurant near me is not closing too.

But the bigger question is have you considered getting a life?

Jamie Oliver's company said Brexit was to blame for the closures. It seems to have backtracked after the claims were fisked in the media. 
I'm not angry about this. It's just a pity that his crap restaurant near me is not closing too.
But the bigger question is have you considered getting a life?

Briefly but I decided to stay on the P&B Politics forum with the rest of the losers

If i start ranting about articles I myself posted then hopefully someone will tell me that it's got to a point where I need to reconsider

3 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Would have thought the oil price would have been relevant in Aberdeen and could of have been used to cover the fact his meals taste worse than turkey twizzlers. 

34 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Could we all, despite our various national identities, disparate values and our political differences, just agree that Jamie Oliver is an arsehole.

Yes we can......but the one time I ate in his restaurant when I lived in Bristol it was pretty good food and good value, I thought as did my missus ! Not good enough to be tempted to visit another one tho'!

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Could we all, despite our various national identities, disparate values and our political differences, just agree that Jamie Oliver is an arsehole.

I could never trust anyone trying to tell everyone else about healthy eating when like Oliver their face gives the appearence of a permanent state of constipation or trying to pass a really jaggy shite.

On 1/5/2017 at 23:48, RedRob72 said:

Recall visiting Copenhagen a couple of years back through work and learning that the crime rate committed by Somali immigrants was 10 times higher than the national average per head of population.

I had a fling 2 years ago with a lassie from Djibouti (just up the road from Somalia) who'd been 'refugeed' to Sweden and then came to London to study law.  She now has a training contract with a big City law firm and, without doubt, will be a tremendous success and contribute hugely to The UK.

I'd develop an immigration policy around "Brainy wids" - it can only improve the economy and the gene pool.

In other news, Wee Nicola is still banging on about Indyref2.  "Nicola Sturgeon has again insisted she is not bluffing about her threat to hold a second referendum on Scottish independence in the event of a hard Brexit."  https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/08/sturgeon-reiterates-hard-brexit-threat-scottish-independence-vote-referendum

She's making a right arse of herself, which is disappointing.

I had a fling 2 years ago with a lassie from Djibouti (just up the road from Somalia) who'd been 'refugeed' to Sweden and then came to London to study law.  She now has a training contract with a big City law firm and, without doubt, will be a tremendous success and contribute hugely to The UK.
I'd develop an immigration policy around "Brainy wids" - it can only improve the economy and the gene pool.
In other news, Wee Nicola is still banging on about Indyref2.  "Nicola Sturgeon has again insisted she is not bluffing about her threat to hold a second referendum on Scottish independence in the event of a hard Brexit."  https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/08/sturgeon-reiterates-hard-brexit-threat-scottish-independence-vote-referendum

Djiboutilicious?

42 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Explain, in great detail, why you think she's making a complete arse of herself. Her and indeed the SNP, are the only set of politicians that have been consistent since Brexit. The Tories and Labour have been consistently inconsistent an will continue to be so.

46 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I had a fling 2 years ago with a lassie from Djibouti (just up the road from Somalia) who'd been 'refugeed' to Sweden and then came to London to study law.

Was it true love in a meeting of minds or was it just Djibouti you were after?

gets coat

Edited by WaffenThinMint

4 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The Guardian crowbars a negative Brexit spin into all its coverage.

4 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Have you considered getting T_K to talk you through the use of apostrophes?

11 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Explain, in great detail, why you think she's making a complete arse of herself.

No need for great detail.  I also have no issue with the notion of IndyRef2.  Time and place, though and Nicola forgets this and is in grave danger of being seen us a "single issue" tosser.  She's better than this but seems to have been ill-advised.

10 minutes ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Was it true love in a meeting of minds or was it just Djibouti you were after?

gets coat

'Booty'?  Slim girl with brains whom I respected.  That's what I said.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

No need for great detail.  I also have no issue with the notion of IndyRef2.  Time and place, though and Nicola forgets this and is in grave danger of being seen us a "single issue" tosser.  She's better than this but seems to have been ill-advised.

'Booty'?  Slim girl with brains whom I respected.  That's what I said.

No need for great detail because you are unable to quantify why you think she's making an arse of herself, her manifesto stated about brexit and her message has been the same for months. Not forgetting that 63% of scots voted to remain and shes ehm..... the first minister of scotland.