Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

44 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I'd substitute "some" for "most". I've genuinely never seen a positive case from a Brexiter for leaving other than hiding their obvious dislike for foreigners behind a desire to "take back control".

Anyone who still wants Brexit either has a vested financial interest or is a racist thicko. 

Absolutely this.

Back in those balmy, pre-referendum days I would have argued against this point, as there were arguments to be made for and against - as there are for a lot of issues.

Three years of electoral fraud being exposed, absolutely incompetent "negotiators" treating the EU - still to be a major post-Brexit trading partner - as enemies, and being unafraid to say so in public;

Three years of the "easiest deal in history" leading us to "sunlit uplands of opportunity" becoming "there should be enough water and medicine. Oh, and bodybags";

Three years of "we will be in the best trading position"  becoming "it won't be as bad as some doomsters are saying":

and the only people who could possibly support this cluster f**k are

a) Those with a vested interest.

b) Those who are unemittingly racist

c) Those too proud to admit their error*, and

d) The very, very stupid.

There is a massive overlap in groups b )and d), of course, who atre going to get really upset when the realise that the EU didn't send all those brown people to Britain - and the way we're going, we're going to need a loyt more brown people to replace the EU citizens who have gone.

* There's a small chance these might use the anonymity of the polling booth to assuage their conscience, but I wouldn't bet on it.

4 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

There is one - Change UK but it's not been a raging success.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Change_UK

Don'y forget the Lib Dems. Actually, do. A party with a leader so dedicated she FUCKED OFF ON HOLIDAY FOR THE LAST FORTNIGHT.

She''l do anything to stop Brexit except anything which represents her as anything other than Queen Jo of the Reasonables. A Tory in cúnt's clothing.

7 hours ago, JMDP said:

Yes they were. Explain the positive case they voted for.

I have no need to go into a lengthy discussion about why the people I know who don’t want independence don’t want it. Certainly not with anyone who has branded millions of people as bottle merchants - because they don’t agree with you. What’s your position? Scweam and scweam like a spolit child until you get the result YOU want? 

6 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I missed this when it happened - what’s the story behind it? Just him being a lazy, ignorant c**t?

The photo - this is the posture adopted by the HM for the 18th cent., now Leader of the House, for a considerable period of yesterday's business. Rightly called out as arrogant, contemptuous and disrespectful by Ms. Lucas.

The overlay - a graphic representation of why today's Tories just might not be the Natural Party of Government that they think they are.

I have no need to go into a lengthy discussion about why the people I know who don’t want independence don’t want it. Certainly not with anyone who has branded millions of people as bottle merchants - because they don’t agree with you. What’s your position? Scweam and scweam like a spolit child until you get the result YOU want? 

To be honest the ‘bottling’ it argument assumes everyone wanted independence and 55% of people shat it. I’m not sure someone who was very against it bottled it.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Any chance of the ousted mps forming an anti Brexit party?
Can see a new political party tbh

I don't think they will form an anti-Brexit party as such but I could see a few of them insisting on standing as conservatives regardless and creating a bloody fight, possibly going to court and then to the voters. The likes of Hammond have huge majorities and considerable personal votes, he could probably hold it in his own right and then in other seats, they could do enough to see the seat go elsewhere.

I think the whole new party thing is dead and if anyone does go, it'll be to the Lib Dems.

10 hours ago, johnnydun said:

New EU masters?

We have been a member probably since before you were born. 

Even when we leave you will still be a member though.

10 hours ago, sureiknow said:

Ah! No.

We will still be part of Geological Europe yes.

Not the E.U. State.

He must have had a sarcasm by pass...

46 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

To be honest the ‘bottling’ it argument assumes everyone wanted independence and 55% of people shat it. I’m not sure someone who was very against it bottled it.

So I am supposed to read a comment like ‘it’s amazing how much of the Scottish population will bottle it’ from a position of assuming that everyone of legal voting age in Scotland really wants independence, but when given a ballot box and a pencil, vast swathes of Scottish people suddenly shit themselves.

OK, now we have the ground rules of insanity set... I voted yes to independence, I’d vote yes tomorrow. I don’t always vote SNP though. Now, to avoid accusations of me bodyswerving laying out the reasons the folk I know who don’t want independence voted against it, I will instead lay out the way I vote, and why. This will be a reasonably lengthy post, just imagine how long it would be if I laid out all the arguments my friends and I talked about, chewed over, and still disagreed on at the end of the day. One thing I know though, they didn’t bottle anything. In fact, the positions they hold / held at the time, being bottle merchants is the last thing they are.

Anyway. My parents always voted Labour. If Labour put up a clockwork toy monkey banging cymbals as their candidate, my dad would vote for it. I never saw things as ‘red’ as that. Maybe being a younger generation. Anyway, in Paisley one day, years and years ago, I crashed into a pothole on Station Road, so deep it caused £400 of damage to my car. The council claimed they never owned the road, nor were responsible for it. They said due to a quirk in the system, British Rail were still responsible. A tug-of-war ensued between me, the council, British Rail. Then my story appeared in the newspaper, complete with a photo of me posing to look sad, leaning on the bonnet of my broken and busted ancient Citroen AX. I wrote to my MP. He got involved, letters were exchanged, eventually the council settled - British Rail owned fcuk-all roads, and I was fully re-imbursed.

The MP was a Labour guy. So, he came through for me in the way MPs are supposed to - to serve their constituents. I voted for him at the next election, purely based on the help he gave me. In my opinion, he had earned my vote. At every election since, I am only responsible for one thing - where I put my own X on the ballot paper. I therefore adopt what I call the ‘pothole’ method. If I needed my elected official to help me in a long running battle with big, bad, and unyeilding organisations - are they, in my opinion, of suitable character to take them on? The colour of their rosette doesn’t bother me, when looking at my local list and thinking ‘good guy, w**k, w**k, good guy, w**k’. 

Currently, our local SNP candidates where I am are, in my view, very good. Very involved in local issues, and visible up here. They work hard at being an MP. I vote for them. I don’t vote for them because they might deliver independence, although I personally do want independence for Scotland. 

See... one story, about one person, and why that person (me) votes the way they do. Look how long that makes this post! Probably no-one read it, took one look at the length and thought it better to put the kettle on and scoff a four finger Kit Kat than read my shite.... good call! Apologies then, but I simply am not going to lay out the reasons the people I know who just don’t want independance, don’t want it. Their reasons are varied and personal to them, (and the large organisations they work in). I respect their reasons, just as they respect my view that comes from a place deep within me. Rightly or wrongly, I simply baulk at being governed by English Conservatives. I feel we would be better served, in the long term, by being governed by our own wanks, good guys, wanks, and good guys. One look at that Bullingdon Club photo featuring David Cameron, Boris Johnson, and the other chinless posh wonders, in their tuxedos like a cunto boy band, looking to shag a debutant at the Windsor & Eaton ball is all I need to vote ‘yes’.

Not the most sound reason. I stand by it though. Those posh cnuts would never have got my money back  from the cooncil’.

Edited by pozbaird