Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Ruth Davidson (@RuthDavidsonMSP)

How, in the name of all that is good and holy, is there no longer room in the Conservative Party for @NSoames? #anofficerandagentleman

September 4, 2019

Not sure...

that joining the army on a short service commission ( 3 years, as I recall ),

spending most of your time wining, dining, doing nothing very much sitting around in Germany with the British Army of the Rhine ( BAOR )....,

exiting that to be a stockbroker in London...,

followed by  being accused of making threats against Diana Spencer....,

is quite what anyone who has family who have died in wartime  would interpret as     #anofficerandagentleman   

Edited by beefybake

3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I'd substitute "some" for "most". I've genuinely never seen a positive case from a Brexiter for leaving other than hiding their obvious dislike for foreigners behind a desire to "take back control".

Anyone who still wants Brexit either has a vested financial interest or is a racist thicko. 

Some voted Leave 3 years ago and feel we need to get it done and out of the way so we can back to normal life.

Absolutely no idea what leaving the EU (especially without a deal) will actually mean in practice.

Any chance of the ousted mps forming an anti Brexit party?

Can see a new political party tbh

I don’t think so.

The thing about most of the rebels are that they genuinely regard themselves as conservatives and that their party has been taken away from them. So I think for most it’s either stand as a Tory or don’t stand at all. Which is what makes their stand last night all the more remarkable imo, essentially voluntarily ending their political careers.

3 minutes ago, Sooky said:

I don’t think so.

The thing about most of the rebels are that they genuinely regard themselves as conservatives and that they’re party has been taken away from them. So I think for most it’s either stand as a Tory or don’t stand at all. Which is what makes their stand last night all the more remarkable imo, essentially voluntarily ending their political careers.

Stephen Hammond just made a point on Sky News of saying he'll never join the Lib Dems. Some brands are just too toxic.

20 minutes ago, Sooky said:

725,000 of us very sad people were tuned in to BBC Parliament at 10:14pm last night, which is quite something.

If more folk took more of a genuine interest maybe we wouldn’t be in such a fucking mess.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Stephen Hammond just made a point on Sky News of saying he'll never join the Lib Dems. Some brands are just too toxic.

The same party that allowed the Conservatives into power in 2010. Typical Tory perfidiousness.

Edited by cyderspaceman
typo

1 hour ago, Sooky said:

I don’t think so.

The thing about most of the rebels are that they genuinely regard themselves as conservatives and that their party has been taken away from them. So I think for most it’s either stand as a Tory or don’t stand at all. Which is what makes their stand last night all the more remarkable imo, essentially voluntarily ending their political careers.

The geriatrics like Clarke and Soames, perhaps; there's nothing to stop the others standing on an independent conservative ticket in their own constituencies though, particularly if Tory HQ plan on parachuting in a 100% certified gammon candidate to replace them.  

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, Sooky said:

I don’t think so.

A lot of Labour folk think the same.  Funny, innit?

Not funny ha ha, both parties have moved to the right.

Edited by cyderspaceman

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

The geriatrics like Clarke and Soames, perhaps; there's nothing to stop the others standing on an independent conservative ticket in their own constituencies though, particularly if Tory HQ plan on parachuting in a 100% certified gammon candidate to replace them.  

"100% certified gammon" - must use more

3 hours ago, beefybake said:
Ruth Davidson (@RuthDavidsonMSP)

How, in the name of all that is good and holy, is there no longer room in the Conservative Party for @NSoames? #anofficerandagentleman

September 4, 2019

Not sure...

that joining the army on a short service commission ( 3 years, as I recall ),

spending most of your time wining, dining, doing nothing very much sitting around in Germany with the British Army of the Rhine ( BAOR )....,

exiting that to be a stockbroker in London...,

followed by  being accused of making threats against Diana Spencer....,

is quite what anyone who has family who have died in wartime  would interpret as     #anofficerandagentleman   

Don't forget the woofing noises at Tamsina Ahmed-Sheikh, and the shouts of 'go back to Skye' aimed at Blackford.

Soames is a typical Tory xenophobe and bigot. Given the absolute scum Davidson has been happy to fill her party with during her tenure, it's really no surprise she admires someone who openly hates women and 'foreigners'.