Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Orange walks are not my cup of tea and are not very relevant to 21st century Scotland - although presumably they are to mark a major part of what made Scotland. But attending one is proof of bigotry?

Attending a parade of protestant exceptionalists celebrating the slaughter of catholic people in walks designed to spread hatred and ‘getitupary’ of all, where people shout and sing about being up to their knees in the blood of catholics in celebration of thug like protestant razor gangs.
Aye totally agree mate theres not a fucking hint of bigotry. Just a rare family day out.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

I hope that one day there will be an Indyref 2. And if it’s a Yes, I pray that we don’t have to listen to Lab/Con/Lib MPs MSPs screaming hysterically about “crashing out” and “disasters” and medicine shortages and 20 mile tailbacks at Gretna etc. SNP are being hypocrites and will certainly scream “will of the people” if it’s a 52-48 Yes. They would do well to remember that 1/3 of SNP voters voted Brexit

:lol:

This is why I rarely venture in here. I'm no massive fan of the SNP, but to say they are being hypocrites here after the shambles Better Together campaign is hilarious. You literally have the same BT MPs now saying "why shouldn't a country look after itself" when 4 years previous they were saying Scotland were better being governed by the Union. You've even got some of those same MPs pushing for a hard Brexit when they literally told us that staying in the UK meant staying in the EU.

The SNP are not perfect, far from it, but if you're wanting to chant about hypocrites you're looking in the wrong direction.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t disagree with that but as a percentage of Labour voters it’s a tiny minority and I reckon most would vote Labour even if it changed its policy on Brexit.

People who can articulate the left wing position against the EU are a small minority of Labour voters but there are millions of Labour Leave voters and discarding them is suicidal.

You see people talking about Labour Leave voters as if they are inconsequential when all the post 2017 polls found that they totalled between 3m and 4.5m voters. There is no non-Tory government unless these people vote Labour. Those who would cast them aside are idiots or acting in bad faith.

Edited by Detournement

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

:lol:

This is why I rarely venture in here. I'm no massive fan of the SNP, but to say they are being hypocrites here after the shambles Better Together campaign is hilarious. You literally have the same BT MPs now saying "why shouldn't a country look after itself" when 4 years previous they were saying Scotland were better being governed by the Union. You've even got some of those same MPs pushing for a hard Brexit when they literally told us that staying in the UK meant staying in the EU.

The SNP are not perfect, far from it, but if you're wanting to chant about hypocrites you're looking in the wrong direction.

You’re right - in that Brexiteers who at the time of Indyref were spouting Project Fear are also hypocrites now. Not sure who that was though - I just remember Phil “ Personality” Hammond doing it.  Don’t think he qualifies as a Brexiteer.

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

People who can articulate the left wing position against the EU are a small minority of Labour voters but there are millions of Labour Leave voters and discarding them is suicidal.

You see people talking about Labour Leave voters as if they are inconsequential when all the post 2017 polls found that they totalled between 3m and 4.5m voters. There is no non-Tory government unless these people vote Labour. Those who would cast them aside are idiots or acting in bad faith.

The Tories lost their majority in 2017 because Remainers switched to Labour. Those remainers will desert labour for Lib Dems/SNP if the Labour manifesto panders to Leavers.

2 hours ago, sparky88 said:

The Tories lost their majority in 2017 because Remainers switched to Labour. Those remainers will desert labour for Lib Dems/SNP if the Labour manifesto panders to Leavers.

Think it was more that a lot of working class ex-kippers voted Labour when Corbyn deliberately avoided adopting a Remain posture. What the 13% or so that are polling as Brexit right now do will determine the outcome.