Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Sir Geoffrey Boycott is a wretched individual.
The face of modern England.

AND THAT FUCKING ACCENT TAE.

I shouldn't judge an area/people by the odd listen to LBC or Question Time ;  but every single ''Am just a Yorkshire man, me," caller/guest is mad for a hard Brexit and capital punishment.

5 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

That's it, give the fucking scum what they want. They'll lap this shit up and ask for seconds. 

Great news for hypermarket owners in Calais.

Bad news for the NHS when all the gammons end up with liver failure and lung cancer in a few years.

4 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The opposite surely?

It means you get duty free at the airport and on ferries when travelling to the EU but the same limits will apply to the EU as the rest of the world in terms of buying abroad and bringing back to the UK.

Eg. Only 200 fags from the EU now. 

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Sir Edward Leigh is so gammon he is more gammon than actual gammon. 

_101537032_gettyimages-859284876.jpg

Any decent human looking at that photo would think “Ouch. That man’s got to have a skin condition”. A quick search with the words “Edward Leigh skin condition” returns a top hit that confirms that he does indeed suffer from a condition called rosacea for which he takes antibiotics.

It would be nice to think that you are merely a bit dim and not a horrible Jeremy Hunt

Edited by Pet Jeden

12 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

image.png.6f2d4279e0f1c84efe66159f70e006ff.png

Quite liked this.

That’s very sharp. The flip side is ....... For 45 years now fish has slowly but systematically been getting removed from the menu. Today there was fish offered on the menu so I ordered it and was looking forward to it. Now I’ve had to suffer 3 hours of warnings of how it’s not good for me and how I didn’t really understand what I was ordering. The last chef went out with £20 to buy some fish and failed in that task. She said to the fishmonger, I must have fish. I can not leave without it. He naturally demanded £500 for a haddock.

it’s got to the stage now where I just want fish - any fckin fish . Even the Dolphin kebab.

That’s very sharp. The flip side is ....... For 45 years now fish has slowly but systematically been getting removed from the menu. Today there was fish offered on the menu so I ordered it and was looking forward to it. Now I’ve had to suffer 3 hours of warnings of how it’s not good for me and how I didn’t really understand what I was ordering. The last chef went out with £20 to buy some fish and failed in that task. She said to the fishmonger, I must have fish. I can not leave without it. He naturally demanded £500 for a haddock.
it’s got to the stage now where I just want fish - any fckin fish . Even the Dolphin kebab.

What would be, in your opinion, too high a price to pay for Brexit to happen?

12 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

That's it, give the fucking scum what they want. They'll lap this shit up and ask for seconds. 

I predict the first post Brexit violence will occur when Wayne from Basildon gets slapped with a ~£400 bill at airport customs for the 1000 Marlboro Gold in his suitcase. It's going to be carnage. 'Duty Free' is going to be the modern equivalent of handing out a new prayer book to the wrong crowd.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

What would be, in your opinion, too high a price to pay for Brexit to happen?

Well, I definitely don’t think a referendum should be ignored just because most economic guessers/forecasters think the population will benefit from 5-10% less growth in 10 years time - if the government takes no mitigating action. I suppose if I really thought a democratic decision was going to cause widespread hunger or war - then that might be a reason to slow down and think again. Although, that’s what the unelected and wise old grey hairs of the Lords is supposed to be there for - to question the elected populist hot-heads - not rush through their half-arsed legislation.

7 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It will be disastrous for them, instead of filling car boots and vans with booze and fags we'll be restricted to one litre of spirits, 4 bottles of wine and one carton of cigarettes. It's shite.

48 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Well, I definitely don’t think a referendum should be ignored just because most economic guessers/forecasters think the population will benefit from 5-10% less growth in 10 years time - if the government takes no mitigating action. I suppose if I really thought a democratic decision was going to cause widespread hunger or war - then that might be a reason to slow down and think again. Although, that’s what the unelected and wise old grey hairs of the Lords is supposed to be there for - to question the elected populist hot-heads - not rush through their half-arsed legislation.

Do you believe the result of a referendum should be respected when it becomes clear that the public were lied to in respect of the outcomes?

21 hours ago, welshbairn said:

If they wanted to keep the post Brexit research secret, why the f**k call it Yellowhammer? It would have probably have gone unnoticed if they called it Planning Guidance Prospectus or something equally banal instead of a name that could have been the title of a 70's Government conspiracy film.

“So, welcome to the somewhat engorged session of the Future Planning Committee.”

”Yes, Assistant Secretary, on point six, it feels like there's already been an assumption that we're invading and don't you think that we should discuss the practical implications? I mean, this is, after all, the war committee.”

”This is the Future Planning Committee.”

”Well, unofficially, it is called the war committee.”

”Well, Karen, unofficially, we can call anything whatever we want. I mean, unofficially, this is a shoe, but it's not, Karen, it is a glass of water. And this is the Future Planning Committee.”

”Well, unofficially, this appears to be bullshit.”

35 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Do you believe the result of a referendum should be respected when it becomes clear that the public were lied to in respect of the outcomes?

Which lie, specifically? All politicians  routinely exaggerate the benefits of their proposals and ignore the downsides. But you knew that, didn’t you?

Edited by Pet Jeden

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

Which lie, specifically? Politicians  routinely exaggerate the benefits of their proposals and ignore the downsides. But you knew that, didn’t you?

"Lets give £350 million to the NHS instead" - that's not exaggertaing the benefits, it's a blatant lie which was designed to tug at the heart strings of voters, in the full knowledge that it wasn't even possible for them to donate that £350 million to the NHS. It took less than a day for the likes of Farage to go back on that after the result was in.

Always amazed at c***s who say "aye but politicians lie all the time" as if that's meant to make things okay. The British are so fucking servile it's fucking sad. Drink your soup, Pet.

Prorogation of parliament unlawful, according to 3Scottish judges.

These are from my colleague Severin Carrell in Edinburgh.

BREAKING Scottish appeal judges rule Boris Johnson’s decision to prorogue parliament is to unlawful

— Severin Carrell, Esq (@severincarrell) September 11, 2019

All three judges rule it is unconstitutional and says UK a Supreme Court has to issue final decision on interdict

TO CONFIRM: Lord Carloway and Lord Drummond Young and Lord Brodie say prorogation is UNLAWFUL - contradicting judges in London but no ruling ordering @GOVUK to reverse prorogation immediately

Aidan O’Neill suggests MPs can now occupy the Commons - @JudgesScotland allow @UKGOV appeal to @UKSupremeCourt but no other action

Last Updated: 10:11 Wednesday, 11 September 2019

7m ago