Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I trust the brexit voters will volunteer to wait for their cancer treatment? I trust they’ll also be the first to go for redundancy when the jobs go. Fucking mindless arseholes.

It's a pity there's no efficient method of fucking Brexiters right to the back of the queue.

There is also the loophole that he writes the letter then writes another to ignore the first letter.

Think that loophole has been debunked a few times.
This from David Allen Green

“The Padfield case of 1968 is one of the leading UK constitutional law cases

The mundane facts were about milk production

The principle is that it is not open to any minister to (not) do a thing if that means an Act of Parliament is frustrated or circumvented

Here, the Benn Act”

50 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

There is also the loophole that he writes the letter then writes another to ignore the first letter.

Aye, wasn’t aware of that one. I believe Welshbairn provided a link about that above.

But also see dee_62’s post. So aye, beats me!

Edited by Londonwell

27 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He thinks he could end up as PM.

If Boris can, why not?

31 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So what's Farage really up to?

The confusion amongst the gammons is a joy to behold.

im pretty sure he's hoping to be able to campaign in a general election on a "deliver Brexit at all costs" mandate. Boris and Cummings going would do massive damage to the Tories and drive the splits in the party even further. edit: I think Boris going would mean we'd get an extension to article 50 and then a general election? im working on that assumption anyway

Would be some laugh if an extension is agreed, a new election is held and the Brexit party got a significant number of seats. After which they force through no deal, rake it in by having most of their money tied up in safe haven assets and then f**k off into the sunset.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

clutching-at-straws.jpg

Like 99% of the punters on here, I haven't read the decision (or any of the earlier ones either). So I have no idea about the legal strength of the arguments deployed, but obviously 11-0 is as clear cut as a decision can get. But, strangely, I would find it more reassuring that the decision was sound and the issues properly tested if there was a minority view. Otherwise it has the faint air of a unanimous Beijing court decision - although obviously never against the government there.

6 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Like 99% of the punters on here, I haven't read the decision (or any of the earlier ones either). So I have no idea about the legal strength of the arguments deployed, but obviously 11-0 is as clear cut as a decision can get. But, strangely, I would find it more reassuring that the decision was sound and the issues properly tested if there was a minority view. Otherwise it has the faint air of a unanimous Beijing court decision - although obviously never against the government there.

Clutching at straws indeed, the Supreme Court judges all agreed so it must have been a fix.

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Why do these c***s have to say' Mr Speaker' every other bloody sentence?

Parliamentary procedure. Everything they say is being addressed to the speaker even if they are looking at somebody else. Cross talk is not allowed.