Dembele for Scotland?

THE KING

22 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

If he turns out to have a solid mental attitude then he will go far but most young teenagers don't. It doesn't help when you're being talked up constantly, that must have an affect on your attitude to training. I felt a bit sorry for Feruz - Chelsea is a bit of a trap for young players.

Feruz has had plenty of time to realise the error of his ways. He clearly was badly advised but has been a stinking pro from the off.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Feruz isn't a fair comparison. The likes of Adu, who failed to cope with the huge pressure, and a fairer comparison

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah Feruz isn't a fair comparison. The likes of Adu, who failed to cope with the huge pressure, and a fairer comparison

Freddy adu had all the potential to Be a great player just a shame he couldn't progress the way he should have Simone of his talent should have had 100 caps or more for Scotland but he hit his peak way too early.

What do the Hibs fans make of Feruz? Did he play at all in his loan spell?

I personally thought there was a player in there somewhere. The problem was he never had enough game time to show it, it was always anything between a 5 to 15 minute cameo from the bench here and there. There was a few games at home that I was hoping Stubbsy would start him but he never did. Tbf Malonga and Cummings were always going to be first choice, and rightly so. You then had Keatings, Boyle, Anier, Feruz, and a mostly injured El Alagui as back up.

Feruz problem for me is that he's not played anywhere near as many games as he should have at this age. Going by his wiki he's played 11 senior games at 21 years of age which I find pretty staggering. Look at the likes of Sibbald and Alston. Both have over 150 senior games to their name. Feruz is still at the stage where he's just learning the game at 21.

1 hour ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I personally thought there was a player in there somewhere. The problem was he never had enough game time to show it, it was always anything between a 5 to 15 minute cameo from the bench here and there. There was a few games at home that I was hoping Stubbsy would start him but he never did. Tbf Malonga and Cummings were always going to be first choice, and rightly so. You then had Keatings, Boyle, Anier, Feruz, and a mostly injured El Alagui as back up.

Feruz problem for me is that he's not played anywhere near as many games as he should have at this age. Going by his wiki he's played 11 senior games at 21 years of age which I find pretty staggering. Look at the likes of Sibbald and Alston. Both have over 150 senior games to their name. Feruz is still at the stage where he's just learning the game at 21.

You make a good point, but whilst the two Falkirk players you mention are as footballers far richer for the playing time experience, Feruz is far better off monetarily......perhaps more so than either of the other two will ever be from the game.

Take a Kings ransom at an early age potentially to the detriment of your game or get playing time and working your way up in the game from a lower level for far less money and possibly not making it further.......can see why most plump for the fast track sadly.

You make a good point, but whilst the two Falkirk players you mention are as footballers far richer for the playing time experience, Feruz is far better off monetarily......perhaps more so than either of the other two will ever be from the game.

Take a Kings ransom at an early age potentially to the detriment of your game or get playing time and working your way up in the game from a lower level for far less money and possibly not making it further.......can see why most plump for the fast track sadly.

Additionally, feruz was tipped to go to the top and looked as if he would be absolutely fantastic hence why chelsea took him. Alston and sibbald will probably never go further than scotland. Sibbald will maybe progress further as he is a decent player but you have to wonder why no one has came in for him thus far.

45 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Additionally, feruz was tipped to go to the top and looked as if he would be absolutely fantastic hence why chelsea took him. Alston and sibbald will probably never go further than scotland. Sibbald will maybe progress further as he is a decent player but you have to wonder why no one has came in for him thus far.

True. There's always been stories of talented youngsters disappearing from the game but it's probably worse now with bigger 1st team squads blocking their path to game time. I'm sure "the ugly game" wrote an article about how big Club were signing youngsters to flout FFP rules and actually stunting their development.

THE man who tipped Scotland off about James McCarthy last night told Archie Knox to admit he blew the opportunity to snare the highly-rated midfielder.

George Gray — McCarthy’s adviser and family friend — shot down Knox’s claims in SunSport that he didn’t snub Wigan’s £3million man.

Knox was SFA youth supremo three years ago when McCarthy failed to win a place in the Scotland set-up.

The veteran star-spotter insisted he’d been told McCarthy had already decided to play for Ireland.

But last night Gray hit back: “At the time Archie didn’t think he was good enough.

“I know this because he was sitting beside me watching him.

“I wrote his name down on a piece of paper as I didn’t want him thinking it was James McArthur he was watching rather than James McCarthy.

No one’s crying over this mess, but Archie should just put his hands up and admit he made a mistake.

“I have known him for years and I’m not going to fall out with him over this.

“But for him to say James had chosen the Republic of Ireland first is just NONSENSE. I warned Archie at the time James had an Irish grandfather and this could come back to haunt him.

“A week later I was in the boardroom at Accies with Bill McMurdo when he told me Archie didn’t fancy James.

“That was his choice to make — but it was only AFTER that the chance to play for Ireland came up.”

Gray, who has been with McCarthy since he made his debut at just 15, added: “I’m a proud Scot and want the best players but Archie didn’t rate him. Scotland could have had him if they wanted.

“It’s just a real crying shame they didn’t

Genuinely can't understand the hype around a 13 year old boy. It's going to be a while before he's good enough for first team football and so much can happen before then, like others his age catching up on him which almost always happens. Also it's completely unfair on the boy. Leave him alone for 3/4 years then see what he's doing then.

1 minute ago, Chimter-boys said:

What exactly is the Southern Irish youth policy? They always seem to produce more Premier league players than us as well as winning important games.

Stealing anyone who has an Irish cat

Archived