2017 Holiday/Travel Plans

Mitch

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A bit of time in Bangkok, a bit of time at Angkor Wat then a week and a half in Vietnam, booked for September.

Still to sort out internal flights, accommodation and... well, loads of shit. Still pretty excited though and can't wait. [emoji2]

They're all part of my tour in March. Can't wait for it now

It was decent enough. Yeah I seen that shop Queen of the south, it was a woman's clothes shop. A lot cheaper than Amsterdam and good nightlife. Went to a couple of decent restaurants in the city centre, and the majority of the bars and clubs are packed into one steet.

A few coffee shops for weed smokers, and mushrooms were available in a couple of shops. 

34 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Anyone got any recommendations for cash cards? Was looking at the sta one but it's got a few dodgy reviews relating to them using their own conversion rates rather than the official MasterCard one so I'm pretty wary

FairFX is pretty good.

That's the holidays sorted for the year.

Mexico, Akumal for 2 weeks in July.
Spain, 4 days August.
Orlando 2 weeks in October - potentially down to the keys for a night or 2.

Self imposed 10% holiday tax on wages this year.

Akumal is a lovely wee place. Visited it one night when I was in Riviera Maya last year.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of fortnights booked for this year. 

21st April to 7th May - 1st week Beauly, 2nd week Torridon (walking, cycling, photos etc)

First two weeks October - 1 week Assynt, 1 week Torridon (fucking love the place, as above). 

I haven't been abroad since 1990 :lol:

I'll also use my remaining annual leave for walking weekends, and will continue to mercilessly abuse my flexitime for the same purpose. I already had a jammy as f**k week at the end of January near Ullapool with excellent weather. Hopefully a sign of things to come this year. 

41 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

A couple of fortnights booked for this year. 

21st April to 7th May - 1st week Beauly, 2nd week Torridon (walking, cycling, photos etc)

First two weeks October - 1 week Assynt, 1 week Torridon (fucking love the place, as above). 

I haven't been abroad since 1990 :lol:

I'll also use my remaining annual leave for walking weekends, and will continue to mercilessly abuse my flexitime for the same purpose. I already had a jammy as f**k week at the end of January near Ullapool with excellent weather. Hopefully a sign of things to come this year. 

All sounds good but Beauly? A fucking week in Beauly? Do you have any idea what you've done?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived