Should Hartley be sacked?

Should Hartley be sacked?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JockysJetpack said:

We are down? 11 games in? What a ridiculous statement.

We are in trouble. I'm not saying we should keep Hartley but you need to take a step back here pal. 27 games to go, with or without Hartley we shouldn't be consigning ourselves to relegation.

I don't think we are down but unless we act soon we will be cast adrift and almost certainly doomed.

Just now, JockysJetpack said:

We are down? 11 games in? What a ridiculous statement.

We are in trouble. I'm not saying we should keep Hartley but you need to take a step back here pal. 27 games to go, with or without Hartley we shouldn't be consigning ourselves to relegation.

Utd were down last season in similar circumstances.

The players are dire, Hartley has signed absolute donkeys, and on decent contracts. We will be adrift very soon, and it will be almost impossible to come back from it.

At the start of a season I'm always willing to see how a team develops, I hadn't been exactly overwhelmed with the signings he'd made and slightly surprised by the pre contract signings of the two Inverness boys who'd hardly been regulars for a struggling team! But I'm just a fan, what do I know, he's the manager, it's his job to put a squad together he thinks can make a team! If I'm honest Hartley has never convinced me he's shrewd enough to cut it at the top level, very seldom have I seen us dominate games under him and even less have I seen him change tactics to turn games round. Everyone deserves a chance but his win rate and the performances are making it very difficult to keep supporting him. I think he'll get until Christmas and if there's no improvement fan power will probably force the board to change him. For what it's worth my personal opinion is that we are the worst team in the league and the squad is mediocre with too many untested and simply not good enough for this level players in it. His luck is running out 

Just now, Louis Litt said:

Who would you suggest?

I don't know. I'm not convinced Hughes, who has a history of ruining dressing rooms, is what your fragile club needs in the long term though. 

5 minutes ago, srw said:

Utd were down last season in similar circumstances.

The players are dire, Hartley has signed absolute donkeys, and on decent contracts. We will be adrift very soon, and it will be almost impossible to come back from it.

Aye, but Partick Thistle themselves took 10 games to win their first league game of the season last year. I appreciate that they looked far better than we do but still, it's foolish to put us down so early. 

We are in trouble though. A lot of trouble and yes, I agree with DeeTilEhDeh that we need to pick up points soon so as not to be cast adrift

It was always going to be a struggle after selling Stewart and Hemmings but that is the nature of the Scottish game, every club is a selling club and it was going to be hard to replace them two. Could be any from 4 or 5 teams that get relegated, most teams don't have the right to say they are too good to go down and you only need to look at some of the clubs that have been relegated to see this. Obviously I don't mean us I mean teams like Hibs,Hearts and United. 

Probably worth noting that ourselves, Hibs and United all sacked our manager around the same time, problem was the replacements were rotten. You'd think if Dundee were to pull the trigger it will be soon enough to be able to appoint a new manager and give him a chance to look at the squad close up before the transfer window.

Fans don't mind losing if the performances are good but it seems the performances are flat lining as well as the results.

I know at the time I joked with Dundee fans about Hughes holding off for the Dundee job when he was linked with us but it's looking more and more likely unless Hartley turns it around but even at that the fans have begun to turn if we wins the next 2 then loses a few after that the fans won't forget the previous bad run.

Coming from a guy whos club have got rid of way too many managers, look at the potential list of replacements and it can be a bit off putting.Who'd be favorite for the gig, Hughes? Butcher has sneaked back up here, Pressley, Billy Davies? Malky Mackay? Names from the lower leagues Duffy, Naysmith, Gus MacPherson?

You just know they're going to beat us, with thon haddy they've just signed and that Slash look a like scoring.

The fat tramp lives on.

I didn't personally see the new haddy this evening but Slash couldnae hit a steers rear with a Fender Strat.
We will lose if nothing changes.

Archived