Should Hartley be sacked?

Should Hartley be sacked?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is that now just seven league wins in 28 games this calendar year?

I've been pretty critical of him for some time now - the narrow formation, the persistence with out-of-form players, second (or even fourth-rate) signings - I could go on.

I think he got lucky with Stewart and Hemmings and even then under-performed.  Other teams with similar budgets (or lower budgets) are doing far better - yet we are scrabbling around at the end of October not having a steady formaton,  a steady line-up and lacking options and creativity.

The Board have a lot to answer for too - they must have had a good idea that both Hemmings and Stewart were going to go - yet little or nothing has been done.

Why not a little more to to try and tempt Mallan?  Why not try to hijack the Tony Andreu deal even?

Nope  - we don't sign anyone of real note and hope to pick up the players no-one else sign as if there is a gem waiting to be found.  The pre-contract players have added nothing to the sqaud - yet Hartley perseveres with them - it his stubbornness to adapt and change that is the real issue for me.

He also looks like he has lost the players as well - and if you do that then you are screwed.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you saying you shouldn't have sacked McNamara? That he would've kept you up?

No I am not saying that.  There's things that are obvious and others that are not.  McNamara should have been sacked at the end of the 2014/15 season - not knowing that was a mistake on the part of the United board.  No one would have been able to predict that Mixu would have done such a bad job replacing him.

4 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Have you heard any positive rumours about who may end up replacing him? I could do with a pick me up, Wasps1

I don't think it would be right to sack him fella . But am not 100% sure if he has the bottle to turn it around 

I think John Hughes would get it if he does go

To be fair I read it as that they'd kept McNamara too long

To be honest, they are both right. Jackie shouldve been sacked in the summer and we also appointed the wrong man as his replacement.

Can Dundee afford to sack Hartley? If so, who do they replace him with?

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

No one would have been able to predict that Mixu would have done such a bad job replacing him.

Everyone on here, outwith some Killie fans, did predict it, tbf.

I've tried to stay positive, but I'm afraid that 6 defeats on the bounce should be the death knell for any manager. It's become a mentality which will be very hard to break without some fresh air. 

McPake and O'Dea to take charge at the weekend, then a phone call to (I hate myself for this) John Hughes. He should be capable of steadying the ship, making us difficult to beat until he can try and bring in someone creative in January. 

Too late, we are down.

Dundee fans still behind Hartley do not have a clue, loyalty for absolutely no reason. I just dont understand it, look at the facts and figures, this year has been pathetic, he has to go.

We are down? 11 games in? What a ridiculous statement.

We are in trouble. I'm not saying we should keep Hartley but you need to take a step back here pal. 27 games to go, with or without Hartley we shouldn't be consigning ourselves to relegation.

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

I've tried to stay positive, but I'm afraid that 6 defeats on the bounce should be the death knell for any manager. It's become a mentality which will be very hard to break without some fresh air. 

McPake and O'Dea to take charge at the weekend, then a phone call to (I hate myself for this) John Hughes. He should be capable of steadying the ship, making us difficult to beat until he can try and bring in someone creative in January. 

His teams could be brutal but sometimes that is what is needed - our players are powder puff in the extreme.

Archived