Should Hartley be sacked?

Should Hartley be sacked?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know. I'm not convinced Hughes, who has a history of ruining dressing rooms, is what your fragile club needs in the long term though. 

It'd be utterly depressing if we appointed him. Who else is there though? We're in a period where we can't gamble on a young rookie, as it might just make him crumble and there's not many with better records in this league that are out of work than Yogi.

Unless we attempt some sort of coup for the likes of Tommy Wright (Who'd never join before you jump down my throat) then the likes of Yogi, Duffy etc are the only options.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

You just know they're going to beat us, with thon haddy they've just signed and that Slash look a like scoring.

The fat tramp lives on.

No we won't. Your young team will probably kick our c***s in too :(

It was always going to be a struggle after selling Stewart and Hemmings but that is the nature of the Scottish game, every club is a selling club and it was going to be hard to replace them two. Could be any from 4 or 5 teams that get relegated, most teams don't have the right to say they are too good to go down and you only need to look at some of the clubs that have been relegated to see this. Obviously I don't mean us I mean teams like Hibs,Hearts and United. 

Probably worth noting that ourselves, Hibs and United all sacked our manager around the same time, problem was the replacements were rotten. You'd think if Dundee were to pull the trigger it will be soon enough to be able to appoint a new manager and give him a chance to look at the squad close up before the transfer window.

Fans don't mind losing if the performances are good but it seems the performances are flat lining as well as the results.

I know at the time I joked with Dundee fans about Hughes holding off for the Dundee job when he was linked with us but it's looking more and more likely unless Hartley turns it around but even at that the fans have begun to turn if we wins the next 2 then loses a few after that the fans won't forget the previous bad run.

Coming from a guy whos club have got rid of way too many managers, look at the potential list of replacements and it can be a bit off putting.Who'd be favorite for the gig, Hughes? Butcher has sneaked back up here, Pressley, Billy Davies? Malky Mackay? Names from the lower leagues Duffy, Naysmith, Gus MacPherson?

I'm running a hot bath now...

I just wish this season was over already.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

It'd be utterly depressing if we appointed him. Who else is there though? We're in a period where we can't gamble on a young rookie, as it might just make him crumble and there's not many with better records in this league that are out of work than Yogi.

I don't know. I'd hazard a wild guess that Hughes and Duffy would be utter disasters and that this time next year you'd be in the same position.

Long term, you either gamble on a lower league manager performing well, promote from within (McPake?) or stick by Hartley. In complete seriousness, as someone who seen his club stick by a manager who had a record of two wins in fifteen games last season, I'd possibly edge towards giving Hartley more time. 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Unless we attempt some sort of coup for the likes of Tommy Wright (Who'd never join before you jump down my throat) then the likes of Yogi, Duffy etc are the only options.

I'd be happy with Hughes, we need somebody like that who is going to install a bit of confidence into the side. Duffy is not an option Ludo FFS. We should also make an offer for Wright. (A serious one, not like the one the DAB's made.)

I don't know. I'd hazard a wild guess that Hughes and Duffy would be utter disasters and that this time next year you'd be in the same position.

Long term, you either gamble on a lower league manager performing well, promote from within (McPake?) or stick by Hartley. In complete seriousness, as someone who seen his club stick by a manager who had a record of two wins in fifteen games last season, I'd possibly edge towards giving Hartley more time. 

I'd be all for giving Hartley some time if we actually showed something. Anything. A bit of fight, a bit of heart, more than 1 shot on target every 2 games but there is nothing.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd be all for giving Hartley some time if we actually showed something. Anything. A bit of fight, a bit of heart, more than 1 shot on target every 2 games but there is nothing.

Fair enough. Suppose it all depends on what you want. Based on his last few jobs Hughes would likely keep you up, and then slowly dredge you into a lower half spot playing ever worse football where you struggle for shots on goal at home, before falling out with the bigger personalities and being sacked or resigning. So he'd be a completely short term fix.

Just go "Full Dundee" and appoint Gattuso.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

3de862f5fbe437402841b96bde57c2d6.jpg

Even BBC has Hartley down as a broken man.

The quote 'We have to look at a team for Saturday' pretty much says it all.  I genuinely think Hartley has no idea what his best team is or what position is most suited to which player.  He does seem to know that he wants a 3-5-2 though if that's any help!

I'm afraid 'we had a liitle spell in the first half for 15 minutes when I felt we were OK' is simply not good enough when your playing the second bottom team at home!   What an embarrassment to even think that, let alone say it!

The quote 'We have to look at a team for Saturday' pretty much says it all.  I genuinely think Hartley has no idea what his best team is or what position is most suited to which player.  He does seem to know that he wants a 3-5-2 though if that's any help!

I'm afraid 'we had a liitle spell in the first half for 15 minutes when I felt we were OK' is simply not good enough when your playing the second bottom team at home!   What an embarrassment to even think that, let alone say it!

What is he supposed to say to be fair to him? Mixu burying his players week after week didn't do much.

If Hartley is to stay then he has to stand up and swallow his pride by changing the fucking tactics. We simply don't have the players, nor the confidence to try and pass the ball in like we did so often last season. It's so frustrating watching players being asked to do more than they are actually capable of, they then suffer from abuse from our so-called supporters. Hartley must adapt to the situation we are in, concerning both our current personnel and run of form.
A simple thing like giving players permission to shoot from outside the box would be a start. Strikes won't always fly into the top corner but a rebound, deflection or corner gained will give us a much better chance of scoring than our current patterns of play.
It's still so early on in the season and I believe he should have more time, but he has to address it now while we still have a chance.

/away to stick my head in the oven.

Archived