Should Hartley be sacked?

Should Hartley be sacked?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help but sit in the office chuckling. We literally are the dictionary definition -

farce
fɑːs/
noun
a comic dramatic work using buffoonery and horseplay and typically including crude characterization and ludicrously improbable situations.

Just now, Rugster said:

It most certainly does.

I never said I didn't say it.

And tbh, at the time, it wasn't as bad a shout as it is now. Extremely easy to have a go with hindsight was more my point.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

And for Luka Tankulic to outscore Billy McKay in 2014/15.

Hold on one goddamn minute, you can't just be selective about a few predictions that that might have been wide of the mark while conveniently neglecting to mention that the Dees on here have absolutely bossed the charity bets thread for the last couple of seasons. Thanks to our spot on predictions countless vulnerable children and animals will have a better quality of life to look forward to. 

42 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Hold on one goddamn minute, you can't just be selective about a few predictions that that might have been wide of the mark while conveniently neglecting to mention that the Dees on here have absolutely bossed the charity bets thread for the last couple of seasons. Thanks to our spot on predictions countless vulnerable children and animals will have a better quality of life to look forward to. 

Yeah you guys are pretty good in that sense, I'll concede.

I can't help but sit in the office chuckling. We literally are the dictionary definition -

farce
fɑːs/
noun
a comic dramatic work using buffoonery and horseplay and typically including crude characterization and ludicrously improbable situations.

It's really just on the pitch where we've been a farce. We'll never match United's tragic season on the minter scale for all the background shenanigans they also had going on, as well as being absolute clown shoes on the playing side.

Small victories.

The only one we'll see for a while :(

Maybe this is all part of the owners master plan.

Cut adrift at the bottom due to the manager/players. Admin around February time and the lost points for such an event wouldn't really matter.

We all know administration is coming.

Read a post on the other forum that I thought was pretty relevant and damning indictment of Hartley's time at Dundee, so I'll post it here.

I have never been a massive Hartley fan and have had major doubts about his position pretty much since the 6-2 game from United and at various times thought his time might be up. My view on his time in charge is this...

In Hartley's 2.5 years or so in charge - how many times have you walked away from a game thinking "We were brilliant today?". Off the top of my head 7 times. (3-1 v Motherwell & Killie in 2014, 4-0 v Killie, 4-0 v Hamilton, 5-2 & 3-1 v Ross County this year and 4-2 v Partick in January). 

For me, Hartley has piggybacked on GGH, Stewart & Hemmings for 2 years. Our defence has been constantly awful in his time in charge and what have any of our midfielders outwith Harkins contributed in that time? Absolutely nothing. No goals, minimal assists. In so many games (even the ones listed above) the 3 players mentioned pulled us through on their own with inidividual brilliance. The fact 2 players finished in SPFL team of the year last year and we finished 8th says it all. In games where these 3 guys didn't get going we took humpings. 6-2, 4-1, 3-0 from United, 5-0 & 6-0 from Celtic, 5-2 from Ross County, 4-0 from ICT, 4-0 from Rangers not to mention the cup disasters against Dunfermline, Peterhead and East Fife. Never once have I left a game and thought "wow, Hartley changed that game today with his tactics" or "That substitution from Hartley was spot on and made a huge difference."

People hark back to the admins and the bad old days and told us we were lucky to have PH, that he was the best manager we have had in years. I'm sorry but what other manager in our recent history has been afforded the luxury of 43 signings in 32 months? Or rip up the contracts of X amount of their own poor signings? Or been able to whisk players away to a state of the art foreign training camp every summer? 

The mask has now slipped. Now that his only 2 or 3 good signings have moved on he has been exposed as the tactically clueless fraudster that many on here suspected he was for nearly 2 years now. 

Maybe this is all part of the owners master plan.

Cut adrift at the bottom due to the manager/players. Admin around February time and the lost points for such an event wouldn't really matter.

We all know administration is coming.

Yes I can see it unfolding. Peter and Jimmy with a rescue plan. Rab Douglas and Steven Tweed as manager and assistant, Jocky as DOFO.

Archived