St Johnstone vs Partick Thistle

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Mad Capsule said:

BTTS here. Saints to win with Swanson and Anderson back on the score sheet.

8 minutes ago, Mad Capsule said:

BTTS here. Saints to win with Swanson and Anderson back on the score sheet.

Worth mentioning twice definately ;) 

What's the best option for parking at McDiarmid if driving to the game? Is there anywhere within decent walking distance (15 mins or less) around the ground or will I have to park in an official car park if I want to get anywhere near it? Also, how much does parking cost?

What's the best option for parking at McDiarmid if driving to the game? Is there anywhere within decent walking distance (15 mins or less) around the ground or will I have to park in an official car park if I want to get anywhere near it? Also, how much does parking cost?

Park in B&Q or Tesco car parks, or on the street off Newhouse Road of West Mains Avenue. No more than 10 mins walk.

Park in B&Q or Tesco car parks, or on the street off Newhouse Road of West Mains Avenue. No more than 10 mins walk.

Run the risk of tickets from those dodgy parking companies in B&Q and tesco. Easiest heading up strathtay road or Newhouse road as you say.

2 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Run the risk of tickets from those dodgy parking companies in B&Q and tesco. Easiest heading up strathtay road or Newhouse road as you say.

That was the next thing I was gonna ask following that reply. Had that issue when parking in a retail park at Hamilton in the past.

Cheers.

7 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

That was the next thing I was gonna ask following that reply. Had that issue when parking in a retail park at Hamilton in the past.

Cheers.

B&Q don't monitor the parking - used to but couldn't be bothered with it. You'll be fine parking there.

Tescos fines aren't enforceable. You can ignore them.

I park in a garage site between Strathtay Road and Fortingall, its usually fairly quiet. Can be a nightmare to get on the motorway from though

58 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

They both give you three hours in any event. Park at half two and you'll be out in bags of time.

I worked at B&Q - they don't have any systems in place at all, you could park there now for the game and no-one would even notice.

I always park at the bottom of West Mains Avenue. Free, 5 minutes walk from the ground and good for a quick getaway through the Western Edge, up to Broxden and onto the motorway avoiding all the traffic around McD. 

Archived