Buddies v Sons 5/11/16

33 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I genuinely don't think many of us fancy our chances to be honest. I certainly don't :( It would just be nice to see us attack a bit away from home for once.

Aye, getting more than one Sons player AND the ball in the St Mirren box at the same time will be a #win for us.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Grim times when a team like Dumbarton, having not won away for a year, strongly fancy their chances of getting a win here.

St Mirren and Alloa were the only teams we managed to beat on the road last year.

Despite that fact, and the mess you guys seem to be in, I'm still about 90% certain we won't win.

9 hours ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

Sons win.

Middens 0/12.

Decent odds available on the Sons win: you should fill yer boots.

However,  I might go for the double chance draw/Dumbarton at around 1.5. Wee profit if we continue to be winless, or we get off the mark. As with my double-your-money £20 bet on the Ton win the other night, I'm too skint at the moment, and too morally bankrupt generally, not to take advantage.

Goes without saying that if you'd bet £10 on Saints to draw/lose in every single game so far, you'd be well up. I do think Saturday's game has a whiff of the 0-0 shitfest about it.

Decent odds available on the Sons win: you should fill yer boots.

However,  I might go for the double chance draw/Dumbarton at around 1.5. Wee profit if we continue to be winless, or we get off the mark. As with my double-your-money £20 bet on the Ton win the other night, I'm too skint at the moment, and too morally bankrupt generally, not to take advantage.

Goes without saying that if you'd bet £10 on Saints to draw/lose in every single game so far, you'd be well up. I do think Saturday's game has a whiff of the 0-0 shitfest about it.

We are masters of the shitfest but it does generally involve us conceding, especially away from home.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

David Smith at right back earlier in the thread is some shout. Has this actually happened or is it just a wild suggestion?

Aye it has. He was excellent against Dundee United, and fairly meh last week. Both of these are an improvement on Pettigrew.

Surely to God Saints can pick up 3 points today and finally kick start the season?!?! Half considered getting Saints TV for this one then realised I could 4 pints and 3pm epl game for the same money.

This post sums up why Scottish football is struggling financially. Why would any supporter rather give their money to sky and financially bloated English premiership teams than their own team?

This post sums up why Scottish football is struggling financially. Why would any supporter rather give their money to sky and financially bloated English premiership teams than their own team?

1. I have a season ticket for St Mirren so have made my contribution.
2. I am currently in Fuerteventura.

Archived