The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

The attack on the Bataclan Theatre is apparently on the list of terrorist incidents deliberately under reported by the European press!?[emoji47] The guy is f*ckin mental, along with those presumably advising him on what's going on in the world.
The twitter ramblings were a bit of an amusing novelty to begin with, before his appointment, but surely he can't believe this is the proper way to conduct himself as the President?

1 minute ago, Cerberus said:

I didn't say it did, chief.

You're struggling here. Walk away.

Oh I'm snowed under alright. As of now American food that doesn't meet EU regulations is banned. American healthcare companies are not allowed to get their tentacles into the NHS and idiots such as Donald Trump are thankfully confined to your side of the Atlantic. Christ knows what your point was....if there even was one.

Just noticed that the US imports a lot more from the EU than it exports, proportionately similar to Mexico. Whereas with the UK it's more or less equal. So in the Trump brain that might mean lowering tariffs and trade restrictions might be quite easy, without major concessions on either side. Just to turn my previous arguments on their head.

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c0003.html

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c4120.html

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c2010.html

I'd just like to add that the golf course at Balvenie is undoubtedly the greatest and most environmentally friendly in the World and is bringing a hundred thousand much needed jobs to the North East.

Edited by welshbairn

Chatham House survey of Europe on Muslim immigration.

All Further migration from mainly Muslim countries should be stopped.

UK: 47% agree. 25% disagree

Well, what do you know? That's about the same % as people in the US who support Trump's Executive Order. Time for a few people here to get off their high horse and out of their own bubble. Somehow a dumb American knew better than most of you what people in the UK think of Muslim immigration.

Poland: 71% agree. Austria: 65%, Germany: 53%, Italy: 51%, Spain: 41%

7 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

Hiroshima - The Complete Miniseries Event
https://www.amazon.com/Hiroshima-Complete-Miniseries-Event-Various/dp/B01IDHQYWY
It’s easy to look back 72 years and make decisions on the best way to show the power of an atomic bomb.
Hiroshima is a superb mini series of three episodes starting from the construction of Los Alamos to the surrender of Japan.
The American Cabinet deliberated on how to proceed with the A-bomb.
Some wanted to invite the Japanese to an A-bomb test while others wanted it to be exploded far away from civilian populations as well as other suggestions.
All of these were dismissed on the grounds that the Japanese government would bring in all the American POW into the cities and if a bomb was dropped then the Yanks would be among the first to die.

I wouldn't necessarily have complained if they dropped it on an uninhabited area, but like you say, this was thought out.

And it's not like the nuke was any worse than what we were already doing to the Japanese cities. It just took one bomb instead of weeks of raids. That's the only difference.

4 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

We MIGHT begin the process of leaving the EU in a couple of months. A trade deal with the US would be a disaster for normal British people. They can keep their shite food, private medical companies and nutjob presidents as far as I'm concerned.

Yep. The whole of the US economy is McDonalds and Obamacare. Haha.

3 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

Chatham House survey of Europe on Muslim immigration.

All Further migration from mainly Muslim countries should be stopped.

UK: 47% agree. 25% disagree

Well, what do you know? That's about the same % as people in the US who support Trump's Executive Order. Time for a few people here to get off their high horse and out of their own bubble. Somehow a dumb American knew better than most of you what people in the UK think of Muslim immigration.

Poland: 71% agree. Austria: 65%, Germany: 53%, Italy: 51%, Spain: 41%

Were they asked whether that should be applied to people who had already been "extremely vetted" and been granted permanent rights to stay or Visas, and those who had just been on holiday?

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Trump talking out loud about destroying the career of a Senator who argued that confiscating the assets of suspect before any guilt has been established is wrong.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-sheriff-asset-forfeiture-texas-234740

Both sides are right.

The tool is helpful in fighting organized crime. It's also something that's been used against ordinary citizens by local law enforcement taking things too far. I'd get rid of it, but this is an example of the problems that come from allowing people from more corrupt places into the country. Organized crime always follows and then restrictions that end up hurting ordinary citizens are required to combat the new crime.

9 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

Hiroshima - The Complete Miniseries Event
https://www.amazon.com/Hiroshima-Complete-Miniseries-Event-Various/dp/B01IDHQYWY
It’s easy to look back 72 years and make decisions on the best way to show the power of an atomic bomb.
Hiroshima is a superb mini series of three episodes starting from the construction of Los Alamos to the surrender of Japan.
The American Cabinet deliberated on how to proceed with the A-bomb.
Some wanted to invite the Japanese to an A-bomb test while others wanted it to be exploded far away from civilian populations as well as other suggestions.
All of these were dismissed on the grounds that the Japanese government would bring in all the American POW into the cities and if a bomb was dropped then the Yanks would be among the first to die.

1 hour ago, Deplorable said:

I wouldn't necessarily have complained if they dropped it on an uninhabited area, but like you say, this was thought out.

And it's not like the nuke was any worse than what we were already doing to the Japanese cities. It just took one bomb instead of weeks of raids. That's the only difference.

I wouldn't necessarily have complained if they dropped it on an uninhabited area
But it took two bombs dropped on the two cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki before the Japanese capitulated.
What makes you so sure they would have quit after one bomb dropped on an uninhabited area?

3 hours ago, Deplorable said:

Both sides are right.

The tool is helpful in fighting organized crime. It's also something that's been used against ordinary citizens by local law enforcement taking things too far. I'd get rid of it, but this is an example of the problems that come from allowing people from more corrupt places into the country. Organized crime always follows and then restrictions that end up hurting ordinary citizens are required to combat the new crime.

That's not the point. The President of the United States is promising to use his power to destroy an elected Senator's career because he disagrees with him, on camera. 

P.S. From a New York property developer that could be taken as a joke to a dinner party guest who might be a contractor complaining about interference from a local politician. From the President it sounds more like a wink from a Mafia boss. From a man who cares more about his image than just about anybody alive, he's a slow learner.

Edited by welshbairn

37 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's not the point. The President of the United States is promising to use his power to destroy an elected Senator's career because he disagrees with him, on camera. 

That's because he's an absolute wanker. 

Surely all these seething arseholes demanding Bercow's resignation are missing the point over his supposed impartiality. I would have thought this would only cover his role as speaker within the house in dealing with all parties. Trump is not a member of any UK political party, nor does he have a seat in Westminster, so why shouldn't Bercow tell him to fuck off, given that he's quite clearly an unpleasantly deranged piece of shit.

8 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Bercow has been slapped about the place by the Tories and has since apologised for what he did, and rightly so.
He has made a complete fool of himself and the Government.

It's safe to say the wee fella has had a shocker.

If you are pissing off Tories then you are probably on the right side of humanity. 

He is another Tory creep who's past is littered with toeing the party line. He voted for the illegal Iraq war and for renewing Trident.

People are so caught up in the anti-Trump craze that they are desperate to champion any scumbag that gives the indication that they are opposing him.
Without a care for the consequences Bercow has seen the opportunity and jumped on it to simply feed his ego.
Importantly he has been shut down.

Anyone that believed he was a beacon of justice and morality has been had.

12 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

He is another Tory creep who's past is littered with toeing the party line. He voted for the illegal Iraq war and for renewing Trident.

People are so caught up in the anti-Trump craze that they are desperate to champion any scumbag that gives the indication that they are opposing him.
Without a care for the consequences Bercow has seen the opportunity and jumped on it to simply feed his ego.
Importantly he has been shut down.

Anyone that believed he was a beacon of justice and morality has been had.

I think it is quite possible to agree with something that someone has said without knowing that persons stance on all manner of subjects.

Indeed, even if we do know, and disagree with them all, it doesn't exclude us from sharing that persons opinion on a particular subject.

I, and I suspect others, am uncomfortable with the concept of Bercow being "shut down" because some disagree with his statement or his right to say it.  That is dangerous territory.

Edited by Shades75

15 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

I think it is quite possible to agree with something that someone has said without knowing that persons stance on all manner of subjects.

Indeed, even if we do know, and disagree with them all, it doesn't exclude us from sharing that persons opinion on a particular subject.

I, and I suspect others, am uncomfortable with the concept of Bercow being "shut down" because some disagree with his statement or his right to say it.  That is dangerous territory.

Correct. Bercow is a tory for a reason but that doesn't mean he's not right in his assessment of Trump. If the US wants anyone to respect the office of president they should get that cunt out of it toot sweet. 

Appreciate the dilemma of the American people here - him or her. But at least she's not bat shit daft. She'd have got done anyway in all probability. Just makes you despair (again) that a country with that depth of population and with so much going for it should end up having to pick a winner from a battle of half wits.