The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Ben Garrison? Haven't seen any of his stuff for a bit, and you used to see it whether you wanted to or not. Here's his latest; he's helping shield Americans from a steel wool ball and a banana, for some reason. 

Trump_patriot_shield-slings-and-arrows.jpg

"The Onlie begetter" of the thread. Deserves a name-check.

28 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

That's unreal content. I love how Merkel triggered him so much. The Obama Trudeau line is so grim though. 

That one is far from the worst tbh.

I'm a man of culture, so I prefer the work of McNaughton.

IJGPCFMLSNEQLOSJGLH7ORGEYA.thumb.jpg.d818d24e3b5bd7ebd84909d5b4c0414b.jpg

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Big Andy Neil getting horny for the mugshot. 

How can you get that from a picture that would be best described in my experience as the look of confused rage you get from an old person, when the marbles are beginning to go and you gently remind them of something that they take offence to.....

There are actually a number of studies now that suggest that internet forum posters that behave in ways that consistently attempt to denigrate and belittle others are seeking to silence other voices to raise the relative profile of their own. This is some misguided strategy utilised by individuals with dark triad personality traits (narcissism, Machiavellianism, psychopathy) combined with schadenfreude – a German word meaning that one derives pleasure from another’s misfortune. The same studies finding these common traits identified a few common factors, mainly name calling, misrepresentation of facts (both their own and those mentioned by others), misquoting/selective quoting and bluster.

The fascinating element here is the absolute parallel between these internet bullies and former President Trump behaviours. It seems The Donald is effectively treating the press and the public as one big internet forum, while trying to gaslight everyone.

1 hour ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

That one is far from the worst tbh.

I'm a man of culture, so I prefer the work of McNaughton.

IJGPCFMLSNEQLOSJGLH7ORGEYA.thumb.jpg.d818d24e3b5bd7ebd84909d5b4c0414b.jpg

Obama deported folk at a far higher rate than Trump (https://www.economist.com/united-states/2021/06/12/deportations-of-undocumented-immigrants-are-at-a-record-low).

3M in his 8 years (https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/23/opinion/sunday/immigration-reform-biden.html).

Yet the unthinking hordes believe the picture McNaughton has painted there. 

15 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

What do P&B's political analysts genuinely expect to happen with all this? The criminal cases and the election.

Anyone genuinely think he's cell bound?  

It'll probably boil down to this. 

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

There are actually a number of studies now that suggest that internet forum posters that behave in ways that consistently attempt to denigrate and belittle others are seeking to silence other voices to raise the relative profile of their own. This is some misguided strategy utilised by individuals with dark triad personality traits (narcissism, Machiavellianism, psychopathy) combined with schadenfreude – a German word meaning that one derives pleasure from another’s misfortune. The same studies finding these common traits identified a few common factors, mainly name calling, misrepresentation of facts (both their own and those mentioned by others), misquoting/selective quoting and bluster.

The fascinating element here is the absolute parallel between these internet bullies and former President Trump behaviours. It seems The Donald is effectively treating the press and the public as one big internet forum, while trying to gaslight everyone.

I'm curious when he first discovered the Internet - he'd have been about fifty when it first started to catch on bigly, and there are plenty of his generation who've taken no interest in the Web.

I suppose there's plenty of free times for these things when life is essentially spent indulging hobbies.

49 minutes ago, BTFD said:

I'm curious when he first discovered the Internet - he'd have been about fifty when it first started to catch on bigly, and there are plenty of his generation who've taken no interest in the Web.

I suppose there's plenty of free times for these things when life is essentially spent indulging hobbies.

He used to have a servant handling his twitter account and still doesn't use email and gets staffers to print off pages from the Internet. His advisors didn't want him anywhere near twitter, but someone showed him how it works in the early 2010's and the rest is history. 

14 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Obama deported folk at a far higher rate than Trump (https://www.economist.com/united-states/2021/06/12/deportations-of-undocumented-immigrants-are-at-a-record-low).

3M in his 8 years (https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/23/opinion/sunday/immigration-reform-biden.html).

Yet the unthinking hordes believe the picture McNaughton has painted there. 

True, Obama, like all American presidents was terrible.

I think this painting was meant to emphise the "America First" aspects of Trump.

27 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

I think this painting was meant to emphise the "America First" aspects of Trump.

Bound to have been a first draft with Obama holding a Kenyan flag.

Until you notice the flags, it genuinely looks like Trump's contemplating his tiny fingers after being bullied.

5 hours ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

A mix of that and immigration, aye, as per the official explanation:

Every year hundreds of thousands of foreign nationals march to our southern border and cross into our country. Who are they? What right do they have to come here? Dangerous drug smugglers, human traffickers, and other criminals enter our country without permission, while many more wait in line legally hoping for the American dream. These law breakers cost the American taxpayer over 100 billion dollars a year and have a disproportionate level of crime in our population. President Trump only asks for 5.7 billion dollars to secure the border, so why won’t the politicians let him do it? In my new painting, the Democrat establishment declares victory against President Trump as he announces a national emergency to secure the border. They proudly hold the flags they represent and cherish. Our politicians have become traitors to this country, in most cases they are more loyal to whichever country, lobbyist, corporation, or special interest group that will keep them in office and line their bank accounts. I’m sick of how they trample our flag and do not seek America’s interests first. Trump stands apart from them with his head bowed contemplating the state of our border situation. He sees a lost doll left behind by a little girl forced to make the dangerous journey. To not build the wall is to allow people on both sides of the border to suffer needlessly.”

(https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/03/ten-paintings-by-jon-mcnaughton-explained).