The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

15 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

It doesn’t, drug companies are bound by law to announce results as soon as they’re obtained to stop insider trading. It’s f**k all to do with politics. 

I'm not sure they were duty bound to declare the results with phase 3 trials only half complete, and with little data released and no peer reviewed paper. I doubt it was political but it beggars belief that the CEO chose to predetermine that day for selling his shares without that bearing any role in choosing that day to announce it.

15 minutes ago, RiG said:

Taking a break from golfing to shout some stuff about John Bolton for a change.

It’s amazing how many totally useless people Trump managed to appoint to top positions.  It’s almost as if he didn’t know what he was doing.

26 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Surely falsely accusing someone of a serious federal offence crosses the line for defamation even in the US? 

He's flat-out accused people of murder before. I presume whatever he says as president is protected by some bullshit free speech mandate.

I don't remember him accusing anyone of paedophilia, though. Huh. Wonder why.

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

He's flat-out accused people of murder before. I presume whatever he says as president is protected by some bullshit free speech mandate.

I don't remember him accusing anyone of paedophilia, though. Huh. Wonder why.

He's gone pretty close to endorsing QAnon's theory of top Democrats being cannibal paedophiles with a stash of kids hidden in tunnels under Washington.

38 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Surely falsely accusing someone of a serious federal offence crosses the line for defamation even in the US? 

He's had licence to say / do pretty much anything he wants as the GOP don't seem to have any interest in getting him to tone things down.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He's gone pretty close to endorsing QAnon's theory of top Democrats being cannibal paedophiles with a stash of kids hidden in tunnels under Washington.

Yeah, that's why it occurred to me. Strikes me as something he'd pick up and run with, but he's been quite vague about the whole thing.

Maybe even he can see that fully embracing conspiracy theories about Satanic rape/murder cults is a bit batshit, or maybe paedophilia is a topic he'd rather stay away from. It certainly won't have anything to do with decency.

The first time Trump was made aware of Q-Anon was a reporter basically saying “they’re a group of people that believe you are a lone crusader against a cabal of sickos that hate America” which in hindsight I think was a genius move on her part as how does anyone expect Trump to react to that other than how he did react which was “would that be so bad?”

If you wanted Trump to endorse an insane conspiracy literally just feed him
the line that they first and foremost believe he is a persecuted hero.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

I think the Government's trying to charge him for stuff he put in his book, even though they reviewed it before publication.

P.S. Here we go.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/15/us/politics/john-bolton-book-criminal-investigation.html

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The first time Trump was made aware of Q-Anon was a reporter basically saying “they’re a group of people that believe you are a lone crusader against a cabal of sickos that hate America” which in hindsight I think was a genius move on her part as how does anyone expect Trump to react to that other than how he did react which was “would that be so bad?”

It would be great if Trump turned out to be Q.

20 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Not having that part. He spends most of his day browsing the internet and Googling his own name, and had people tweeting this fantasy nonsense at him for months. He was likely one of the first people outside of their community to become aware of it. He just didn't want to talk about it because the obvious question would be, "innocent people are seriously being accused of being paedophile vampires - why haven't you put this shit to bed before somebody is killed?"

The answer being, "because they say nice things about me and I am a fucking child".

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It would be great if Trump turned out to be Q.

I don't think he's smart enough, but he absolutely wishes he came up with the idea.

It's right up his alley, but If he came up with it, it would likely include mentions of his ability to fly, see through solid concrete to track trafficked kids, and invoke the wrath of God through his holy tweets. Because he is a fucking child.