The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Yet it is.  There's treaties and everything.

We are obligated to defend Germany if they are attacked in their homeland. They have the same obligation to us. Beyond that there is nothing. Their government sought to undermine the US in the lead up to the Iraq war. We are not obligated as nations to always support each other on every subject. That is an issue for the voters of each country. Merkel vs. Putin was a huge, huge deal in this last election. Everyone who cast a vote had heard the arguments. The guy who criticized Merkel and wanted closer relations with Putin won.

1 minute ago, Deplorable said:

We are obligated to defend Germany if they are attacked in their homeland. They have the same obligation to us. Beyond that there is nothing.

That's plenty.  If Trump wants to change that he would have to do wit with the consent of both houses. Not as a presidential whim.

2 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

Their government sought to undermine the US in the lead up to the Iraq war.

They did not, they pointed out that US evidence for the war was scant and in some cases false and they were right.

33 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

The guy who criticized Merkel and wanted closer relations with Putin won.

He still has to comply with the rule of law, including international law and the Constitution of the United States, sorry.

Anyone who has been watching the Trump press conference that's on at the moment would wholeheartedly agree with the NPD diagnosis referred to here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38991171

ETA  This is fucking brilliant, he's been attacking the press throughout the press conference, just attacked the BBC reporter.  Not a single reporter has been allowed to ask their question uninterrupted, has simply ignored questions and rambled on, cannot stop taking about Clinton.  This guy is mentally unstable, there's no doubt in my mind.

Edited by Granny Danger

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Anyone who has been watching the Trump press conference that's on at the moment would wholeheartedly agree with the NPD diagnosis referred to here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38991171

ETA  This is fucking brilliant, he's been attacking the press throughout the press conference, just attacked the BBC reporter.  Not a single reporter has been allowed to ask their question uninterrupted, has simply ignored questions and rambled on, cannot stop taking about Clinton.  This guy is mentally unstable, there's no doubt in my mind.

I don't think I have ever seen anything quite like that press conference before. Maybe nothing should surprise me anymore, but I was just stunned watching it. 

Did he actually ask a black reporter if she wanted to set up a meeting for him - the President of the United States - with the Congressional Black Caucus? They must be friends, after all. I think that is something that happened. At least he knows that a "nuclear holocaust would be like no other", though. It's reassuring that he knows that. 

You can understand people looking for a new hero in Justin Trudeau, but he and the politics he represents are liable to disappoint you.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/09/justin-trudeau-unions-environment-arms-saudi-arabia/

The "hero" bar is set pretty low at the moment

Trump exposing to the Republican Party voters the lying press, the deep state, and the corrupt leftist judiciary that's been attempting to destroy America for the past 50 years.

Great work so far.

Trump is having a new rally in Florida. It's a great idea. He needs to be having a rally each week to remind people of his popularity with the real people in America. He's been allowing the media to focus on the protests.

Edited by Deplorable