The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

The Swampy stuff was pretty counter productive. If you're going to play the man, at least do it right. The arguments he makes are made on the basis of bigotry. Someone that old who still has those beliefs isn't going to be won over. They're fuelled by hatred.

I disagree. He's not that old, and views change all the time.

But other people read the threads - it's not just about the person you're debating with.

53 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He's now on Twitter thanking everybody for their praise.  I'm pretty sure he read your post.

There are folk who thought he performed well.  Just think about that for a minute.  There are folk who watched this press conference and thought Trump performed well.

Theirs is the only opinion he will listen too.  He will have no idea that he is a complete embarrassment because his sycophants don't think so (or won't tell him if they do) and because there are millions of ignorant people who think that their President should be boorish, insulting, ignore questions, fail to answer reasonable questions, make comments bordering on racism, insult a Jewish reporter asking about anti-semitism, talk gibberish about uranium, lie about election results, lie about the economy he inherited from his predecessor and continue to be obsessed about the woman he beat in an election to become President.

On this basis I think future press conferences have the potential to be worse than this one.

17 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

But playing the man and not the ball is such a tricky business on internet forums.

Surely it's easier just to deal with the arguments? Bit by bit? Win the arguments.

The whole 'aye right swampy' stuff was incredibly tedious and then turned out to be plain wrong. Just argue the posts and try and debate in constructive manner.

Good post :thumsup2

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It was as close to 'heads gone' behaviour as we'll see from a major western leader in the 21 st century.

F**k me there's another 82 years tae go yet - come back in the year 2100 and see if Trump trumps them all :lol:

24 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

But playing the man and not the ball is such a tricky business on internet forums.

Surely it's easier just to deal with the arguments? Bit by bit? Win the arguments.

The whole 'aye right swampy' stuff was incredibly tedious and then turned out to be plain wrong. Just argue the posts and try and debate in constructive manner.

Of course it's fucking Swampy, he admitted it as Yank Mike. Posting a picture of a beardy man proves nothing. Most of us haven't a clue what he looks like anyway.

Trump family’s elaborate lifestyle is a ‘logistical nightmare’ — at taxpayer expense

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/trump-familys-elaborate-lifestyle-a-logistical-nightmare--at-taxpayer-expense/2017/02/16/763cce8e-f2ce-11e6-a9b0-ecee7ce475fc_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-banner-main_trumptravel-530pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.963a37918e28

Apparently Trump expenses almost exceed what it cost to keep Obama for a year already.

52 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Trump family’s elaborate lifestyle is a ‘logistical nightmare’ — at taxpayer expense

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/trump-familys-elaborate-lifestyle-a-logistical-nightmare--at-taxpayer-expense/2017/02/16/763cce8e-f2ce-11e6-a9b0-ecee7ce475fc_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-banner-main_trumptravel-530pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.963a37918e28

Apparently Trump expenses almost exceed what it cost to keep Obama for a year already.

Trump has just launched a "you grade the press" online poll, which asks anyone who cares to judge the issues which the "Mainstream Media" (usually a sign of a conspiratorial fruit loop) most misrepresents the GOP and Trump's message in particular.  Once you get to the end of it, it asks for a donation to the Trump foundation.  Daylight robbery isn't nearly strong enough.

Edit: Speak Your Brains

Edited by Savage Henry

I've just read the transcript of Trumps 'press conference' of yesterday. A load of rambling incomprehensible nonsense which would get him ripped to shreds even on this forum.

I'm going to use a cliche here. It would be funny if it weren't so serious. Funny if it weren't so serious, folks. Serious. Very, very, very serious.

Of course it's fucking Swampy, he admitted it as Yank Mike. Posting a picture of a beardy man proves nothing. Most of us haven't a clue what he looks like anyway.

You're an excellent poster on here but this really is quite astonishing.

It's this kind of tunnel vision that allows the creationist nutjobs to spread their message.

I see Swampy is on the "He's saving coal jobs! He's good!" train. Marvellous. Overstating his relevance in bullying a handful of jobs in a dying industry to stay in the country by helping to destroy the environment.
O0UjOJZ.jpg

I'm pretty certain Americans in the mining industry couldn't give two fucks about the long term consequences for poor countries far away from them.

Trump is giving his voters exactly what they wanted.

You're an excellent poster on here but this really is quite astonishing.

It's this kind of tunnel vision that allows the creationist nutjobs to spread their message.

No it isn't. Giving creationist nutjobs a platform to spread their message allow them to spread their message. Deplorable/ swampy/ Yank Mike was banned for being a heavy racist and debating his views shows that you at least finds his views worth debating. I don't.

No it isn't. Giving creationist nutjobs a platform to spread their message allow them to spread their message. Deplorable/ swampy/ Yank Mike was banned for being a heavy racist and debating his views shows that you at least finds his views worth debating. I don't.

So the photos are fake?

Fake news so to speak.

Do you find it that difficult to admit that you're wrong?

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

So the photos are fake?

Fake news so to speak.

What do you think the photos prove? I'm not really bothered who it is, other than that I'm not going to take someone too seriously who changes from an ultra PC feminist to an alt right White Supremicist in a couple of years.

So the photos are fake?

Fake news so to speak.

Mate I haven't the first clue what swampy looks like and I don't really care that much either way because the guy's been banned once for being a massive racist. I don't want to waste my time arguing with someone who's hit out with crackers about blacks having a cultural problem with wealth and left wingers being naturally more "retarded" on the account where he's toning it down. If you think that adds something then by all means keep stanning for the guy.

Just now, doulikefish said:

What time does the trumpy speak today? Its comedy gold stuff

About an hour ago, just going to watch it now. It's recorded though so he'll probably stay on message. (boo) The speech at the rally over the weekend should be good.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/featured-videos/video/2017/02/17/weekly-address