The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

On 07/07/2020 at 16:01, NotThePars said:

Maybe in about 40 years during the Water Wars they might let AoC sponsor Medicare4All in the House before it's voted down by a Republican coalition led by Mitch McConnell's brain in a jar.

Probably just McConnell Brain Stem tbf

Where has all the "Biden will f**k it" chat gone. :angel

biden.jpg.e7fb5280760abc8523e9bd8566306a6a.jpg

Without Wisconsin, Pennsylvania (Bidens birth state) and Michigan the White house is gone for Trump.

A 7 point swing is from this far out is not unheard off. But that would be increadible and still he would be behind hoping lighting strikes twice with the electoral college. Biden polls relatively well with white male blue collar voters. Not great but nothing like Hillary, so that could\should be enough to squeak a couple of the rust belt seats she lost, even if it tightens crazily. Again, there is a lot long term at play. Turning over a few state capitals will flip congressional districts permenantly Democrat until a Republicans move to the center as several key states the Democrats outvote the Republicans but they turn in more seats due to gerrymandering. The very fact Texas is in play is fucking mindblowing. I know there has been a big growth in Hispanic votes and Austin gonna Austin but still that has to keep the Republicans up at night.

Issues that resonated last time out such as job losses to China, the Dems fought over each other who was tougher on China. Then there was the promise from Trump to get out of the wars they were fighting. Troop numbers are now so small they are not a big issue in the public mind.

He has the old standards of second amendment, abortion, crime, immigration and judges. But that is not going to buy him much love, just some grudging republican loyalty. The polling should narrow but its tough to see enough people wailing about their AR15 who are currently thinking of voting Biden to really flip the numbers at the minute.

As I said a couple of weeks ago the Republicans should safely hold the Senate this time out. Titchy little farmer states mean they are likely to hold that for a while, unless someone gives Puerto Rico statehood. (Yes I know about DC, but Bill Clinton had a "statehood for DC" bumper sticker back in the day. )

Where has all the "Biden will f**k it" chat gone. :angel

biden.jpg.e7fb5280760abc8523e9bd8566306a6a.jpg
Without Wisconsin, Pennsylvania (Bidens birth state) and Michigan the White house is gone for Trump.
A 7 point swing is from this far out is not unheard off. But that would be increadible and still he would be behind hoping lighting strikes twice with the electoral college. Biden polls relatively well with white male blue collar voters. Not great but nothing like Hillary, so that could\should be enough to squeak a couple of the rust belt seats she lost, even if it tightens crazily. Again, there is a lot long term at play. Turning over a few state capitals will flip congressional districts permenantly Democrat until a Republicans move to the center as several key states the Democrats outvote the Republicans but they turn in more seats due to gerrymandering. The very fact Texas is in play is fucking mindblowing. I know there has been a big growth in Hispanic votes and Austin gonna Austin but still that has to keep the Republicans up at night.
Issues that resonated last time out such as job losses to China, the Dems fought over each other who was tougher on China. Then there was the promise from Trump to get out of the wars they were fighting. Troop numbers are now so small they are not a big issue in the public mind.
He has the old standards of second amendment, abortion, crime, immigration and judges. But that is not going to buy him much love, just some grudging republican loyalty. The polling should narrow but its tough to see enough people wailing about their AR15 who are currently thinking of voting Biden to really flip the numbers at the minute.
As I said a couple of weeks ago the Republicans should safely hold the Senate this time out. Titchy little farmer states mean they are likely to hold that for a while, unless someone gives Puerto Rico statehood. (Yes I know about DC, but Bill Clinton had a "statehood for DC" bumper sticker back in the day. )

It will be interesting to see who Biden picks as his running mate.

I almost certainly think it will be a woman of colour.

I know there has been a lot of talk in the past few days about Tammy Duckworth - Trump moronically questioning her patriotism (she was born in Thailand) - despite the fact that she is a double amputee - she lost both legs whilst a pilot in the Iraq War. I just think it's too early for her - she's only been junior senator for Illinois since 2017 - with Biden and Trump's ages there will be more attention on their running mates - the "heartbeat from the White House" question.

I think he'll go with someone with more experience - Kamala Harris seems to be the standout to me - Warren has even more experience but has too much baggage - she would have the whole Native American heritage embellishments brought back time and again.

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Trump having an almighty breakdown after losing the Supreme Court ruling about his tax returns.  

Meanwhile his lawyers are celebrating because it's been sent back to the lower courts till well after the election. Must be worried about dirt coming out after he's lost Presidential immunity.

On 07/07/2020 at 16:01, NotThePars said:

Maybe in about 40 years during the Water Wars they might let AoC sponsor Medicare4All in the House before it's voted down by a Republican coalition led by Mitch McConnell's brain in a jar.

14 hours ago, renton said:

Probably just McConnell Brain Stem tbf

Presidents.jpg.2ff1e9287e67c4c6fc16b8cd7d8436a9.jpg

NIXON'S BAAACCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!

On 08/07/2020 at 18:56, Baxter Parp said:

Trump Pushed CIA to Give Intelligence to Kremlin, While Taking No Action Against Russia Arming Taliban

https://www.justsecurity.org/71279/trump-pushed-cia-to-give-intelligence-to-kremlin-while-taking-no-action-against-russia-arming-taliban/

If this was a Democratic president he would have been assassinated by now. 

Having read this, I can't decide if it's more mental that (if true) there isn't wild international outcry about this, or, that I'm not even remotely surprised and actually expected marginally worse from our boy Donny.

#normalisethepresidentdoingtreasons

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

This is why elected officials are no longer talking about 'Bountygate'.

Only the terminally stupid fall for shit like this. 

According to Janine di Giovanni in The New York Review of Books, after Blumenthal's visit to Moscow in December 2015, he began to promote views supportive of Bashar al Assad and the Syrian government's position. Blumenthal, she wrote, was among a group of "Assad apologists."[9] After the December 2015 trip, he claimed the White Helmets were connected to Al-Qaeda and anti-Assad Syrians were members of the group.[9] In his opinion, they were being used as a Trojan horse, an excuse for the United States to propose having "70,000 American servicemen" invade Syria.[85]

Oz Katerji wrote in Haaretz in July 2017, that "[v]irtually any group that speaks out on the Assad regime’s campaign of systematic slaughter have been targeted by this coterie", consisting of Blumenthal, Gareth Porter, Ben Norton and Rania Khalek "with the express intention of defending a regime guilty of human extermination."[86]

Wow. There is a name I respect.

For Blumenthal's writing on Ukraine, Sławomir Sierakowski, the head of the Polish liberal, pro-European group Krytyka Polityczna, included Blumenthal in an article entitled "Putin’s Useful Idiots" in 2014. He said in a New York Times article that Blumenthal "distorts" the events of Euromaidan in his reporting.[96] The Ukrainian fact-checking organization StopFake describes Blumenthal as a "pro-Russia American journalist" who is used by Russia to "spread its propaganda message".[97]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Blumenthal#Syria

The Russian bounty story may be bullshit. But it will take a credible news source to state it, not some puddling drinking wacko from twitter to convince me, especially not someone
@Detournement thinks is credible.

5 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Wow. There is a name I respect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Blumenthal#Syria

The Russian bounty story may be bullshit. But it will take a credible news source to state it, not some puddling drinking wacko from twitter to convince me, especially not someone
@Detournement thinks is credible.

The mass quoting of the likes of Blumenthal and Greenwald stinks of contrarianism for the sake of it, rather than any legitimately held opinion.

The nature of intelligence is that it’s contested.  

19 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It will be interesting to see who Biden picks as his running mate.

I almost certainly think it will be a woman of colour.

I know there has been a lot of talk in the past few days about Tammy Duckworth - Trump moronically questioning her patriotism (she was born in Thailand) - despite the fact that she is a double amputee - she lost both legs whilst a pilot in the Iraq War. I just think it's too early for her - she's only been junior senator for Illinois since 2017 - with Biden and Trump's ages there will be more attention on their running mates - the "heartbeat from the White House" question.

I think he'll go with someone with more experience - Kamala Harris seems to be the standout to me - Warren has even more experience but has too much baggage - she would have the whole Native American heritage embellishments brought back time and again.

Someone born overseas would be a non starter. If I remember correctly the president of the US must have been born in the country, which was the main reason that Madeleine Albright, born in Prague, never made moves towards going for the presidency. Considering Biden‘s age there would only be discussion about who would run the country if he was unable to. 

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

The mass quoting of the likes of Blumenthal and Greenwald stinks of contrarianism for the sake of it, rather than any legitimately held opinion.

@Detournement has lots of form in supporting conspiracy theories over Syria. Many on the far left get sucked into various internet rabbit holes.

As for the Russian "bounty" story, no mainstream media seem to be rowing back on it. Certainly it seems it was believed by US intelligence and circulated before it broke. Trump did nothing about it. Its going to be something close to a death knell with swing voters.

26 minutes ago, German Jag said:

there would only be discussion about who would run the country if he was unable to. 

The succession is fixed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_line_of_succession#Current_order_of_succession

While true she would not be eligable for the presidency if she was VP and Biden became incapacitated, it would be clear who would come next. But given the ferble state of US politics, there would be no gain in having it as an issue in an election where a lot of the debate is very superficial.

They aren't rowing back on it it has been quietly memory hole'd. Senators and Congress people were shown the intelligence and even the likes of Schiff were quiet after it. It's absolute nonsense. 

Since we are on the topic of Syria you don't hear much about the 'genocide' Assad was definitely going to do when he defeated the jihadis. Funny that. 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

They aren't rowing back on it it has been quietly memory hole'd. Senators and Congress people were shown the intelligence and even the likes of Schiff were quiet after it. It's absolute nonsense. 

Since we are on the topic of Syria you don't hear much about the 'genocide' Assad was definitely going to do when he defeated the jihadis. Funny that. 

Any mention of what his Dad and pals did to Hama in 82? I'm sure he's saving the fun for when the Turks and Russians f**k off home.