The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

I remember when the "jailing kids to fill private detention centres" thing first hit the news, there was commentary that Ciavarella was just the most egregious example; there'd been implications that this was something that had been happening elsewhere for some time. He just got his snout right in the trough and thought he was untouchable.

I don't have time to look it up now, but I read an interesting (i.e. horrific) article once about how social services in some states are incentivised to have children removed from their families with the most trivial of excuses in order to meet the demand for adoption. Sounded utterly nightmarish, and a ghastly insight into just how inhuman people can be.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Roger Stone’s sentence commuted.  Laughable.  Of course, Biden is just as bad. 

Why ever would he do that?

“He knows I was under enormous pressure to turn on him. It would have eased my situation considerably. But I didn’t.” Roger Stone, prior to his pardon.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Nice of him to have a nice snappy quote to put on campaign material.

Yup.  Biden’s campaign writes itself.  Just get the never Trump conservatives to highlight all his nepotism through pithy phrases and corruption and turn it into viral videos.

Still find it stunning that The World's Greatest Democracy™ allows its head of state to hand out Get Out Of Jail Free cards.

What an utterly bizarre concept.

6 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Still find it stunning that The World's Greatest Democracy™ allows its head of state to hand out Get Out Of Jail Free cards.

What an utterly bizarre concept.

I wonder if Trump could find the compassion to release Native American activist Leonard Peltier, locked up for over 40 years? Oh, wait, compassion and release one of the good guys? There's the flaw.

Roger Stone didn't actually do anything other than being an idiot. 

He got convicted for lying when he claimed to actually be conspiring with WikiLeaks and for threatening Randy Credico with class patter from the Godfather when Credico truthfully told the FBI they had no communication with WikiLeaks. 

Stone was obviously a nasty piece of work since the 70s involved with Nixon, Reagan and the Bush Crime Family but his 2016 contribution can be summed up as cocaine brain old man talks shite. 

On 10/07/2020 at 17:45, Detournement said:

This popped up on my Twitter feed. A judge who took bribes from a private prison to jail children.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Ciavarella

I'd say it's beyond belief but sadly it's the logical conclusion of neoliberalism.

Have to say using a horror story like that to have a go at centrists is unworthy of you. It's like saying what happened to kids in Romania under Ceaușescu was the logical conclusion of communism. You get corrupt and greedy psychopaths under whatever economic system sad to say.

55 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That can’t be true, surely?  Any remotely professional publisher would spot the error on the subtitle.

There’s no error. In the last chapter we find out that “the Democrat” is a time-travelling demon that only Biden can see.

40 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I have no idea if this is true or not, but Florida seems like an even worse clusterfuck than Texas, if that’s possible.

Over 15k positive tests in one day ffs

3 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Over 15k positive tests in one day ffs

If they'd only stop doing the tests, there'd be no problem.

Spoiler

source.gif