The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

29 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

He means the 'Projects' which in our parlance is Council Estates, but there is a huge difference in that many of these Projects contain the poorest and mostly African Americans, many are ghettoes where major crime and murder rule the roost.

There are areas in SF where you would never ever enter at night.

They do need a drastic overhaul to help the many good people trapped who deserve better.

I don’t think he does mean that, Sandy.  Abolishing the projects would be a positive thing to most Trump voters.   Trump is more likely talking about the middle classes in this case; but even as lacking in eloquence as it is, it’s still vacuous nonsense that doesn’t come close to being a critique of policy.  To the extent that Trump has any policies, it’s a prevention of immigration, an escalation of market tensions in the name of American protectionism, and erm, bluster.  

48 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I don’t think he does mean that, Sandy.  Abolishing the projects would be a positive thing to most Trump voters.   Trump is more likely talking about the middle classes in this case; but even as lacking in eloquence as it is, it’s still vacuous nonsense that doesn’t come close to being a critique of policy.  To the extent that Trump has any policies, it’s a prevention of immigration, an escalation of market tensions in the name of American protectionism, and erm, bluster.  

Put your obsession with Trump to one side and read Rig's post again where he states that Trump said that, 'Biden wants to abolish the suburbs', not Trump.

The Republicans are always fence sitting on the subject of the Projects unless there's is money to be made, the Democrats have always had a policy of wanting to resolve the situation.

Chester Pennsylvania is a prime example of Republican corruption for decades until the Democratics took the mayors office.

Last time I was in Chester the taxi driver tells you as you hop in that 'he only slows but don't stop at red lights'!!!! for obvious fuckin reasons.

We all know The Donald is a nutter but American Presidencies are riddled with the like, the difference is he opens his mouth so we all know it, Bush and many others learned to close theirs.

Think it’s better for everyone’s sanity if they just assume that any off the cuff comment made by Biden or Trump is just dribble from their sun downing brains rather than any seriously thought out takes

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Put your obsession with Trump to one side and read Rig's post again where he states that Trump said that, 'Biden wants to abolish the suburbs', not Trump.

The Republicans are always fence sitting on the subject of the Projects unless there's is money to be made, the Democrats have always had a policy of wanting to resolve the situation.

Chester Pennsylvania is a prime example of Republican corruption for decades until the Democratics took the mayors office.

Last time I was in Chester the taxi driver tells you as you hop in that 'he only slows but don't stop at red lights'!!!! for obvious fuckin reasons.

We all know The Donald is a nutter but American Presidencies are riddled with the like, the difference is he opens his mouth so we all know it, Bush and many others learned to close theirs.

Do you not think he maybe meant 'suburbs' rather than 'projects' when he said 'suburbs'?

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I almost took public transport to Chester PA to get to the stadium.  It was a shortish walk from where the bus would have dropped me in Chester.  Fortunately I did some research, as we drove past I thought, that could have been silly.

Edited by BillyAnchor

29 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

I almost took public transport to Chester PA to get to the stadium.  It was a shortish walk from where the bus would have dropped me in Chester.  Fortunately I did some research, as we drove past I thought, that could have been silly.

Were there a lot of poor people around?

21 hours ago, Detournement said:

Do you not think he maybe meant 'suburbs' rather than 'projects' when he said 'suburbs'?

Indeed.  And, needless to say, it was a choreographed talking point alongside Carlson and Hannity, who all referred to “destroy the suburbs”.

1 hour ago, MuckleMoo said:

Trump appears to have sent his stormtroopers to Portland where they are bundling protesters into the back of vans.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/n7w4w8/trump-sent-the-feds-to-portland-and-theyre-kidnapping-people-off-the-streets

That's pretty shocking to read then you remember the 16 year old here who got jailed for three years for a Facebook post. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-16144640

coronavirus-tracker-7-16.png?w=575

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/americans-increasingly-dislike-how-republican-governors-are-handling-the-coronavirus-outbreak/

Normally single issue polls are poor indicators (other than polling on the economy), but this year is such an outlier year that I think this issue is going to stick hard. It may outweigh 2nd amendment and abortion for some on the soft fringe Republicans and especially swing voters. Perhaps even the death of this iteration of the Republican Party, the Nixon "Southern Stratagy" era tying in with the politicisation of the evangelicals. Perhaps not, but something for the thoughtful to start thinking about.  

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

That's pretty shocking to read then you remember the 16 year old here who got jailed for three years for a Facebook post. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-16144640

Always with the whataboutery when it comes to Trump.

The teenager had been subject to the order after he helped lead a "small scale" riot in May 2010, when a group of about 30 youths attacked a bus in Dundee.

Dundee Sheriff Court heard that the Facebook page encouraged others to smash up buildings, loot shops and attack police officers at the time of the riots which swept several English cities in August.

A message on the site written by Divin, who has convictions for assault and breach of the peace, stated: "Only join if yir actually gonna come - if anyone has guns bring them down to this - kill some daftys."

On 17/07/2020 at 15:35, MuckleMoo said:

Trump appears to have sent his stormtroopers to Portland where they are bundling protesters into the back of vans.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/n7w4w8/trump-sent-the-feds-to-portland-and-theyre-kidnapping-people-off-the-streets

A disturbing article, first time I had seen Vice so I looked it up thinking it would be leftish but surprised to see that in 2014 the right wing media mogul Rupert Murdoch had pumped $70 million into Vice, other investors are Walt Disney along with the Hearst Corp had jointly pumped $250 million in which suggests it's mainstream.

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

Republicans really are much better at campaigning than Democrats.  The Lincoln Project videos are always exactly on point, although you’d really have to wonder if they’d be able to finance so much if Bernie were the candidate rather than Biden.

Some incredible stuff in this thread here about Trump's interview with Wallace of Fox News (Spoiler: Trump says he doesn't like Fox that much :lol:

It's just like the episode of The Simpsons when Burns discovers he is broke and his lawyers and Smithers just tell him his stocks have been doing great all the time.

Edited by RiG