F1 2017

die hard doonhamer

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a classic MarioKart "no shells left" move.

TBH, the penalty he received wasn't harsh enough, but talk of a race ban is too much.

Sadly that incident will distract from a brilliant performance from Ricciardo. It's also sad to see that the Mercedes engineers are still deliberately tampering with Lewis' car to favour his teammate.

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's also sad to see that the Mercedes engineers are still deliberately tampering with Lewis' car to favour his teammate.

Loving your work there

For taking the wrong grid spot in Canada Kyvat was handed a 10 sec penalty AND a drive through!? Vettel has deliberately driven into another car and you could argue overtaken under the safety car. Hamilton should've been done for driving too slowly under the safety car also.

Glorious scenes all round. 'Ferrari International Assistance' timing the enforced pit/stop and go penalties to perfection.

1498412205193.jpg

Hamilton's subsequent tears.

1498411900249.jpg

Begging for hauners from the team and Bottas.

1498411900249.jpg

Hamilton's fanboys taking it very badly indeed.

1498411900249.jpg

Hamilton's continued, floundering meltdown after the race.

1498411900249.jpg

A tax dodging cheat lecturing about 'setting a good example to younger people watching' the race.

1498411900249.jpg

For taking the wrong grid spot in Canada Kyvat was handed a 10 sec penalty AND a drive through!? Vettel has deliberately driven into another car and you could argue overtaken under the safety car. Hamilton should've been done for driving too slowly under the safety car also.

Kvyat only got those penalties because the first penalty they gave him was incorrect.

51 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

Hamilton seethe is fantastic skyf1 in meltdown also even better emoji23.png Hill and Co nearly in tears.

The BBC's comments section is magnificent. Tears and snotters all over the shop. Grown men believing there are anti-LH conspiracy theories :lol:

Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 20.08.30.png

25 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

The BBC's comments section is magnificent. Tears and snotters all over the shop. Grown men believing there are anti-LH conspiracy theories :lol:

IMG_1719.JPG

Absolutely delighted with the race and nearly a perfect result.

I love watching Hamilton talk about drivers being role models. What would folk learn from him? That throwing your toys out the pram is acceptable if you don't win. The guy is a twat of the highest order.

Seb briefly lost the plot on track and got a penalty.  I thought the 10 sec stop-and-go was just about right.  If he had done what he did to Hamilton at full speed (intentionally slamming into him) then I would agree the punishment should've been more severe.  I usually defend Hamilton a bit as he suffers from some of the jealousy that was/is shown towards most great sportsmen but today he has been over the top in his comments.

What was the thoughts on the Force India collision?  It seemed more needle-y due to Canada but looking at it as a stand alone incident I thought Ocon was to blame.  Possibly not even for the move but more because he seemed more interested in himself over the team and ended up almost fucking both of them.  Can understand him trying to get past quickly to avoid being stuck behind Perez again though.

How good was Bottas' engineers prediction that he would get Stroll on the final part of the last lap though?

Most enjoyable race for ages just due to silliness for the whole two hours.  Close to Canada 2011 in terms of overall madness.

1 hour ago, jupe1407 said:

Most of the Sky posts on FB have a "if he had done that on the road, he'd have been arrested"-type comment.

10 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Most of the Sky posts on FB have a "if he had done that on the road, he'd have been arrested"-type comment.

He did do it on the road. It's a street course.

The BBC's comments section is magnificent. Tears and snotters all over the shop. Grown men believing there are anti-LH conspiracy theories [emoji38]

59500a8c331d3_ScreenShot2017-06-25at20_08_30.png.f2e61dd6bbdb105ab5bdd8bda6d88544.png

I'm pretty certain that the maximum penalty the stewards can give for dangerous driving is a 10 second stop / go penalty. So that's that conspiracy theory easily debunked.

Pretty sure if I did 200mph on the way home tonight down the M77 I'd be arrested too to be fair.

Archived