F1 2017

die hard doonhamer

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah pretty much,im down in that there London so watched the race in the sports cafe just beside trafalgar square utterly glorious moment when hamilton nearly took 3rd and then danny ric zoomed away

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Or it could just be that after a bad weekend he invokes Raikkonen in his interviews. Every. Single. Time. Can't shut him up when he's doing well but when it's been a nightmare it's like blood out of a stone.

Vettel doing some more moaning after the race, refusing to believe computer data that said Bottas didn't jump the start.

Vettel has got himself under Andrew Benson's skin
b6168db231a651c14f5bfa1e12764111.jpg

Wonder what Hamilton would make of his hero Senna assaulting someone at a race weekend, along with four other incidents. If that isn't "disgusting" I don't know what is.

I was just coming on to post that Benson article. He's had his Chick Young Why Are You So Good? moment here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40550206
It's absolutely fucking nauseating.

It's literally always about him. Bottas won the race Andrew, you fucking clown. Talk about him. Goldenboy wasn't even on the bloody podium.

He isn't even remotely compelling, he's one of the biggest PR robots on the circuit. Utter drivel.

It's honestly like I've travelled back to 2007 - 2008 reading this nonsense.

58 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

It's literally always about him. Bottas won the race Andrew, you fucking clown. Talk about him. Goldenboy wasn't even on the bloody podium.

He isn't even remotely compelling, he's one of the biggest PR robots on the circuit. Utter drivel.

It's honestly like I've travelled back to 2007 - 2008 reading this nonsense.

Wait, that's his actual race opinion piece? About what makes Hamilton compelling? That's incredible. I read his stuff but not anymore. Utterly ridiculous.

It was Jim White with the "Why are you so good?" question BTW.

Surprised to see vettel isn't getting more abuse on here. He was acting like a wee boy in the drivers room with the whole jump start thing, then kept going on and on. Given the arrogance of his response to questions about the Hamilton incident, he is in danger of people turning on him.

The wife is a big vettel fan, but after the press conference she said "Seb is being a bit of a dick this year"

Surprised to see vettel isn't getting more abuse on here. He was acting like a wee boy in the drivers room with the whole jump start thing, then kept going on and on. Given the arrogance of his response to questions about the Hamilton incident, he is in danger of people turning on him.

The wife is a big vettel fan, but after the press conference she said "Seb is being a bit of a dick this year"

Yeah to be fair I've never been a Vettel fan at all. When he isn't winning easily he doesn't take it well. Even when it was clear Bottas hadn't jumped the start he instead insisted the stewards were wrong.

Hopefully Bottas can join the title fight and beat both of them.

Senna had assaulted quite a few people during his career, other drivers, marshals and had been assaulted himself by a certain future World Champion of British nationality after a race in 1986, said British driver strangely missing from the list. Also both Hamilton and Hunt, especially Hunt have a lot of offenses missing from Benson's list. Not that I'm accusing Benson of being biased no no surely not. I think Hunt managed every one of these sins at some point in his career some more than once of apart from breaking team orders.

You don't see and hear a lot about fisticuffs among top drivers now a days, I'm struggling to think who was the last driver to lash out at another in F1, seems to happen more often these days over in NASCAR or Indycars.

Archived