Malky Mackay

lanky_ffc

I'd genuinely be interested for the SFA to show their working as to how they ascertained Mackay's credentials as "the outstanding candidate".

According to Regan “From the start of the recruitment process, Malky was an outstanding candidate and by the end of that thorough process he was the outstanding candidate."

A manager with limited experience; 2 years permanently at Watford, 2 years at Cardiff, was binned from his last job at Wigan after 6 months, has been out the game for a year and a half due to his largely toxic reputation, he has a well publicised scandal on his CV, a potential high court case upcoming...let's revisit that, "the outstanding candidate". Really?

It's almost as if they'd already decided Mackay was getting the job from the start. [emoji848]

I first became aware of Pie and Bovril right at the beginning of the club formerly known as Rangers going into liquidation and became an avid reader of the website without ever feeling compelled to join or to make contributions.
After 5 years or so of sitting on the sidelines I have finally decided to join as I feel that something has to be done to get Malky Mackay out of Scottish football, indeed to get him out of football altogether – it is 2016 and we do not need his ancient, bigoted, racist attitudes besmirching the game that we love.
I have sent 3 emails to the SFA asking them to reconsider this appointment and have not had the courtesy of a reply.
What can be done?
An online petition, sent to 40 of the 42 clubs beseeching them to contact the SFA to get them to rescind his appointment? I don’t expect either of the 2 arse cheeks to help, what with Mackay’s connections to Brendan Rodgers and Mark Warburton.
I know next to nothing about the internet, Twitter etc. but could a hashtag #showmalkytheredcard be done and used to embarrass him out of the game? Indeed, could a petition be sent to Show Racism the Red Card and Kick It Out asking them to reconsider their support of Mackay’s appointment? I just cannot see any future Show Racism the Red Card campaigns being taken seriously anymore with Mackay involved in a senior position at the SFA – I think that SRtRC have shot themselves in the foot backing Mackay in his new role.
Could humour be used to embarrass the SFA into seeing what a ridiculous appointment they have made? I know there is Hibs poster who has done very humourous work in the past, little videos etc. Could he take “the Father Ted is a racist” video from Youtube and doctor it to show Malky Mackay in the Father Ted role with a Hitler moustache etc.? “Is it the SFA’s view that we are all racists now, Father Malky?”
I would be delighted if this is my first and last post and that somebody else with a bit more knowhow than myself made all of the above, or something more effective, happen.
Over to you.

Sadly, there's nothing that can be done. The SFA would just dig their heels in further if they know the whole country was against it.

6 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I'd genuinely be interested for the SFA to show their working as to how they ascertained Mackay's credentials as "the outstanding candidate".

According to Regan “From the start of the recruitment process, Malky was an outstanding candidate and by the end of that thorough process he was the outstanding candidate."

A manager with limited experience; 2 years permanently at Watford, 2 years at Cardiff, was binned from his last job at Wigan after 6 months, has been out the game for a year and a half due to his largely toxic reputation, he has a well publicised scandal on his CV, a potential high court case upcoming...let's revisit that, "the outstanding candidate". Really?

It's almost as if they'd already decided Mackay was getting the job from the start. emoji848.png

I am sure Regan and the SFA were thorough and totally professional in their selection process. After all they had the benefit of having Malky's da close at hand.

As a director of The National Stadium PLC https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC158083/officers (also director of Queen's Park FC) and a 'good football man. if there were any questions about Malky needing answered I am sure he would have been more than willing to help out. 

We can all understand that if you are having to make important decisions about the future of Scottish football, the first port of call must always be a 'good football man'. 

I hope this puts to bed your question about Malky being the 'outstanding candidate'?

Maybe we're going about this wrong. I suggest we get the government to ban the SFA.

A neo-Nazi group set to be banned in the UK has been described by the Home Secretary as "racist, anti-Semitic and homophobic"  http://news.sky.com/story/neo-nazi-group-facing-uk-ban-is-racist-anti-semitic-and-homophobic-says-home-secretary-10693258

Given how that describes Mackay to a T, it makes the SFA guilty by association.

12 hours ago, capt_oats said:

It's almost as if they'd already decided Mackay was getting the job from the start. emoji848.png

I suppose it depends on how many other candidates there were, and how poor they were.

Have the SFA published any details on how many candidates were interviewed, and what their respective qualifications were?

I suppose it depends on how many other candidates there were, and how poor they were.
Have the SFA published any details on how many candidates were interviewed, and what their respective qualifications were?

I'm guessing one, and bloody awful. Probably that Austrian fellow who kept his daughter in a dungeon for 20 years. And even he got a second interview.

It was reported in a number of serious media outlets that the shortlist was Austin McPhee - who is said to have been chosen, then turned it down in preference of the assistant post at Hearts; John Collins; John Park; Malky Mackay; and Alan Irvine. Some also included Tommy Wilson the ex-Rangers reserve coach. Scots-only, evidently.

On the back page of one of the Sunday rags that Mackay will be pushing for Rangers and Celtic Colts into League 2 as an integral part of "Project Brave".

Honestly, if you find yourself going to a Scotland match and handing money over to the SFA, you are a fucking moron.

On the back page of one of the Sunday rags that Mackay will be pushing for Rangers and Celtic Colts into League 2 as an integral part of "Project Brave".
Honestly, if you find yourself going to a Scotland match and handing money over to the SFA, you are a fucking moron.

Great

Scotland are a joke in every sense, football to political, no real affinity to us any more, and now watching Arbroath will be shite if we're in a league with fucking B teams

SFA can gtf

Fucking arseholes. Thankfully this kind of stuffs got to be approved by is it 8 member clubs (???) and no chance that will happen

It was reported in a number of serious media outlets that the shortlist was Austin McPhee - who is said to have been chosen, then turned it down in preference of the assistant post at Hearts; John Collins; John Park; Malky Mackay; and Alan Irvine. Some also included Tommy Wilson the ex-Rangers reserve coach. Scots-only, evidently.

God forbid we take a long hard look at the approach taken by Iceland to revolutionise the sport from grassroots up.....no let's carry on employing 'guid fitba men' to carry on being fucking dinosaurs....this appointment is possibly the lowest point of a two decades worth descent to the lowest filthiest level of footballing hell....at every level above cleaner every single person in the sfa should be removed n start again. And that's the most humane level of treatment they deserve.....at moment I'd allow Bruce Willis to use that samurai sword on everyone of em from regan cockwomble.....n let's face it the lazy compliant media too....chick young needs to be put out of our misery.

Aye but Kris Boyd said he'd be a perfect appointment but so it must be a good thing.

Utterly unsurprising to see a 'Joabs for the bois' appointment attempting to implement the most 'Joabs for the bois' policy of all time.

Hopefully Vincent Tan wins his legal case against Mackay.

I listened to Sportsound yesterday and In the discussion about this, someone said that the initiatives brought forward in the past have been blocked by the clubs and that Mackay had been chosen as he's a communicator who can sell Project Brave to the clubs. They didn't specifically mention 'Colt' teams but did mention summer football.

Have they appointed this guy to try and push through the raft of ideas that never die in Scottish football? B teams, summer football? Maybe they should ask why clubs hate this rubbish and try and challenge their own thinking, test it a bit.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Aye but Kris Boyd said he'd be a perfect appointment but so it must be a good thing.

Utterly unsurprising to see a 'Joabs for the bois' appointment attempting to implement the most 'Joabs for the bois' policy of all time.

Hopefully Vincent Tan wins his legal case against Mackay.

I would absolutely love to see this happen, and the look on Regan's puss at the moment it does. 

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

It says a lot that only the old firm fans I know are in agreement with the idea of Colt Teams.

Since it will only ever help them, no it doesn't.

This is what I fear the most about the appointment, that they'll ram through "reform" like fucking colts in the league set up, when all they need to do is re-establish the reserve league and put limits on the no.s of youth players at a club.

I listened to Sportsound yesterday and In the discussion about this, someone said that the initiatives brought forward in the past have been blocked by the clubs and that Mackay had been chosen as he's a communicator who can sell Project Brave to the clubs. They didn't specifically mention 'Colt' teams but did mention summer football.

Have they appointed this guy to try and push through the raft of ideas that never die in Scottish football? B teams, summer football? Maybe they should ask why clubs hate this rubbish and try and challenge their own thinking, test it a bit.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if the SFA's reasoning is that it's been the presentation that's the issue, not that their ideas are awful.

The fact that we seem to be seeing the same proposals trotted out as solutions suggests that they really have no idea what the problem is or how to address it. It's utterly desperate.

This appointment has shambles written all over it.

Let's leave his racist history to one side for a second, the SFA must have known that this appointment would generate a shit storm. So why isn't Regan saying to mackay before they go to press conference

"The public don't like this so go out and impress them. Give us tangible ideas, give us the reasons why you are the man for the job"

That may have had one or two turn around and say hold on, maybe he does know what he's doing.

But no, we get corporate fluff and then stories emerging in the papers that the priority is pushing through this colt idea that the majority of people fucking hate.

Seriously why are they so clueless?

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

It's this I find most remarkable. Against that negative backdrop - instead of having him start quietly, within 48hrs he's sent into something highly controversial which many will perceive as being about helping OF.

It's open to any team not just the OF. Just the papers doing a successful bit of trolling.