Old Firm Colts in L2

14 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Hold your horses. That article only regards EK, and somewhat flies in the face of previously coverage in the same paper.

EK's chairman and (now ex) manager came out strongly against it in the papers a few months ago... saying it should be unfair for 'B' teams to join the pyramid part-way up and would make it harder for clubs like EK to reach SPFL2 or stay in SPFL2 once they'd made it.

East Kilbride boss "raging" at SFA's plans for Rangers and Celtic Colt teams
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-boss-raging-sfas-9494415

Celtic and Rangers proposal leaves Lowland clubs livid
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-rangers-proposals-leaves-current-9486698

Now the same paper claims an unnamed EK source backs the idea. Something doesn't add up.

I hope this is nonsense. I don't know any EK fans but i imagine their thoughts on Colts won't differ greatly to the majority of fans on here. 

Has anyone had any word or engagement from their clubs at all before the 30th June consultation ends? 

Even looking at it purely selfishly EK's ambition is to reach SPFL2 and beyond. They're already competing with Spartans, East Stirlingshire, Cumbernauld etc. for title + playoff slot.

Rangers 'B' and Celtic 'B' in LL would be 2 extra teams to compete with for promotion - and if those 2 got promoted it would mean (say) Clyde and Cowdenbeath dropping into LL.

I hope this is nonsense. I don't know any EK fans but i imagine their thoughts on Colts won't differ greatly to the majority of fans on here.

All 5 of them previously supported the old firm so their views are very different from fans of normal clubs.

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Hold your horses. That article only regards EK, and somewhat flies in the face of previously coverage in the same paper.

EK's chairman and (now ex) manager came out strongly against it in the papers a few months ago... saying it should be unfair for 'B' teams to join the pyramid part-way up and would make it harder for clubs like EK to reach SPFL2 or stay in SPFL2 once they'd made it.

East Kilbride boss "raging" at SFA's plans for Rangers and Celtic Colt teams
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-boss-raging-sfas-9494415

Celtic and Rangers proposal leaves Lowland clubs livid
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-rangers-proposals-leaves-current-9486698

Now the same paper claims an unnamed EK source backs the idea. Something doesn't add up.

They were upset about Colt teams getting straight into the SPFL, but not so upset if they join the LL instead. Not sure what doesn't add up, especially if as has been suggested elsewhere the LL clubs get an automatic promotion spot out of it.

They were upset about Colt teams getting straight into the SPFL, but not so upset if they join the LL instead. Not sure what doesn't add up, especially if as has been suggested elsewhere the LL clubs get an automatic promotion spot out of it.

The automatic promotion thing sounds great, but if it only came in to let the Colt teams up it would be a total piss take. Can't wait for this vote to get done and dusted and shelved for another 5 year.

9 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I see our friends in the lowland league are looking forward to throwing us all under the bus.

I suppose the influx of 10s of old firm fans is worth the treachery.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-fc-back-celtic-10616325

This is the tip of the iceberg. I predict that following EK park upgrade, it will become the home venue of one of the bigot brothers Colt grounds. Other lower league clubs will be bribed in a similar way.

I'm concerned about how quiet other clubs are on this. Seems to be massively unpopular but not much chat happening. It's also a worry that a lot of fans won't know until it happens. Need to get these clowns that run our game out of the country. 

Stick colt teams into the lowland league but don't allow them promotion to SPFL proper. If the lowland league teams aren't good enough to finish above a boys team they don't deserve promotion. Will hopefully solve the problem of cash inflated nobodies challenging proper football clubs that happen to finish in position 42. Win-Win

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

This is the tip of the iceberg. I predict that following EK park upgrade, it will become the home venue of one of the bigot brothers Colt grounds. Other lower league clubs will be bribed in a similar way.

Celtic woman's side already use K-Park so there is a good chance of what you say happening.

5 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

All 5 of them previously supported the old firm so their views are very different from fans of normal clubs.

They won't have any fans if the colts are admitted. Their fans will start following the colts as their 'wee' team.

13 hours ago, PELE said:

They won't have any fans if the colts are admitted. Their fans will start following the colts as their 'wee' team.

Are you not concerned that Cowdenbeath could lose a few fans in that scenario?

15 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

It's not an upgrade it's a new ground.  The existing K Park will still be there and could be used by someone else.......could be an option for Clyde if Cumbernauld Colts ever get up to League 2 :angel.

On 6/13/2017 at 15:16, Bazil85 said:

Youth players only need to be here in our education system for five years to be eligible to play for the national team, it's a perfectly reasonable rule to have in place 'trained/ developed by a Scottish team for five seasons during school age. So it's not xenophobic in the slightest, your argument suggests it's xenophobic that a French player can't fly over to Scotland on the Friday and play for the national team on Saturday. . 

no it doesn't

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 13:38, Muzza81 said:

Why stop there? We should limit the number of foreign employees working at a club as well.

"75% of the pie staff should be born within 10 miles of the ground"

"1 in 3 club shop workers must hold a British Passport".

Celtic Club Shops might have a problem.