Old Firm Colts in L2

Get this idea to f**k. Not content with destroying scores of young players careers with project brave, they now want to have the premier Colt teams fill up leagues 1 and 2 and oversee the demise of Scottish towns football teams that have existed in their communities for hundreds of years.

this from the organisation that continually state they represent all 42 Scottish clubs !

think back to Anne Budge who on being appointed to the SFA stated there were too many teams in Scotland. Now she has her boot boy Levein working with the bigot brothers to make it happen.

10 years from now, we could have all our senior football based in the cities. Our so called politicians should be taking an interest in this as its a threat to communities all over Scotland 

RESIST !

I'm bitterly against this proposal but surely the proof of the pudding would be in the eating.
I propose that the system get three years and if at least five of the players don't make 25 appearances for the first team that season then the system is a failure and the team pulled from the league.

I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread I'm not sure but what if the colt teams went to the juniors. I can see a few pro and cons with this.

Pro

The colt teams would be nothing to do with the pyramid therefore nothing to do with promotion and relegation issues.

The colts would not be playing senior sides so teams like Elgin and Peterhead (or any other senior team of course) wont be travelling hundreds of miles to play kids

The colts would still be playing a decent level of opposition. 

Maybe fans in the juniors would be more interested in playing Rangers or Celtic kids. (I doubt it though)

Travel would be kept to a minimum in juniors than in national set up. 

Cons

Its still a shit idea.

Its giving in and trying once again to keep the Old Firm happy.

Why don't we all get together and split away from the current set-up and leave Celtic and Sevco out in the cold?

Theyd love that, according to some sellik and *** fans I know, none of us lower league supporters actually support "real" football clubs.

I say let the old firm have their own wee league of 2 and the rest of us can have a proper league system. Keeps sectarian bigotry out and would make for a competitive league.

9 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Theyd love that, according to some sellik and *** fans I know, none of us lower league supporters actually support "real" football clubs.

I say let the old firm have their own wee league of 2 and the rest of us can have a proper league system. Keeps sectarian bigotry out and would make for a competitive league.

Are you chucking out hibs and hearts as well then?

9 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I see our friends in the lowland league are looking forward to throwing us all under the bus.

I suppose the influx of 10s of old firm fans is worth the treachery.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-fc-back-celtic-10616325

Not sure that they or anyone else will be taking lectures on integrity seriously tbh, from the club that employed raging bigot 'Bomber' Brown, then held a 'glamour' friendly with Rangers in which the Clyde players were substituted at half-time and replaced by a set of puffing Rangers has-beens. 

Literally no other club in Scottish football has taken the Old Firm boaby to Clyde's utterly craven degree. 

Edited by vikingTON

Not sure that they or anyone else will be taking lectures on integrity seriously tbh, from the club that employed raging bigot 'Bomber' Brown, then held a 'glamour' friendly with Rangers in which the Clyde players were substituted at half-time and replaced by a set of puffing Rangers has-beens. 
Literally no other club in Scottish football has taken the Old Firm boaby to Clyde's utterly craven degree. 

KR-MORTON-V-RAITH1.jpg

Erm yes - 'Greenock businessmen in paying for match hospitality at Cappielow' shock. I can see why you might struggle with that concept given Clyde's failure to attract any interest from their local community tbh. 

What you'll notice from that picture is that - unlike Clyde, chief sookers of the Old Firm boaby - we didn't actually give them Morton jerseys and a first-team role during the entire second half. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

Edited by vikingTON

Two things. It doesn't matter a f**k what EK think does it? The votes between the 42 clubs isn't it? Take it the Colt team would still have to win a play off if they start in the LL or HL?

Also how brutal would it be if they won league 2 or whatever yet the team in second became champions. This is honestly winding me up so much. It would absolutely ruin my enjoyment of Scottish football which is insane because I fucking love it just now.

What you'll notice from that picture is that - unlike Clyde, chief sookers of the Old Firm boaby - we didn't actually give them Morton jerseys and a first-team role during the entire second half. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

We never gave them jerseys for the entire second half either....

It was the first half.

Still utterly embarrassing though at the time.

Two things. It doesn't matter a f**k what EK think does it? The votes between the 42 clubs isn't it? Take it the Colt team would still have to win a play off if they start in the LL or HL?

Also how brutal would it be if they won league 2 or whatever yet the team in second became champions. This is honestly winding me up so much. It would absolutely ruin my enjoyment of Scottish football which is insane because I fucking love it just now.

Don't know rules of Lowland League but maybe they could vote colts into Lowland League but I don't think without a rule change that an SPFL club could have two sides in SPFL membership - think the pyramid play off is supposed to be versus a non-SPFL member club

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That's what annoys me. Winning the Third Division in 08/09 is probably my greatest memory as a Sons fan. To lose out on days like that to sides with no fans, who have armchair supporters who simply expect success (see the way Celtic celebrated winning the League Cup) sickens me.

We know what would happen too. It would start off with the youth teams, but within, say, a season, club's would be sticking out expensive young players. Guys like Ajer at Celtic would suddenly find themselves in the starting lineup and, having cost about £500k. You could run three or four league rivals for that cost. Even look at someone like PJ Crossan - Celtic paid over £100k for him apparently.

It would create a horribly uneven playing field, and make the lower leagues we love feel like some sort of semi-important reserve competition.

How many people on here have actually been to U20s games? I used to go to Rangers and Dumbarton ones when they were at Murray Park, and they were mainly pretty awful. Of the players I saw only Barrie McKay has gone on to become well known. The rest of the Rangers team was guys like Robbie Crawford, Andy Murdoch, Kamil Witorski, Francesco Stella, Blair Currie, Tom Walsh, Ryan Hardie, Jamie Burrows, Dylan Dykes, Luca Gasparotto, Kyle McCausland, Calum Gallagher etc. That team would struggle if they were in a competitive league, so you bet they'd both go out and hoover up as much hot young talent as they could. Scuppering clubs like us when we occasionally do find a wee gem.

Most of the Dumbarton players have either vanished, or are playing Juniors: Ryan Metcalfe, Reece Pearson, Josh Lumsden, Jamie Lyden etc. I don't blame the system for that, I just accept that they weren't up to the standard for the Championship at that point, and so dropped down.

If colt teams are allowed in at any level they will eventually make their way up the leagues. One of the colt sides would win the Lowland League at some point and there would be an annual campaign to allow them to get promoted.

If the Lowland League are willing to accept colts teams, and the SPFL are able to find a way of getting them in without letting the 42 league clubs vote on the issue, then f**k the pyramid. The 42 clubs from League Two upwards should then vote to abolish all potential promotion from the Lowland/Highland Leagues until the colt teams are removed.

This issue will never go away if clubs simply say the colt teams can enter just so long as it’s not at our level.

If all 4 suggested Colt teams get into league one and are successful in finishing in the top four positions, does that mean:

5 place gets promoted.

6,7 and 8th in play offs

9th plays off against league 2 contenders for relegation

10th relegated.

Potentially 8th place gets promotion.

Hardly worth competing until the playoffs.

Also 16 games against Colt teams.
Exciting stuff year in, year out. [emoji46]

If all 4 suggested Colt teams get into league one and are successful in finishing in the top four positions, does that mean:

5 place gets promoted.

6,7 and 8th in play offs

9th plays off against league 2 contenders for relegation

10th relegated.

Potentially 8th place gets promotion.

Hardly worth competing until the playoffs.

Also 16 games against Colt teams.
Exciting stuff year in, year out. [emoji46]

It's mental. These teams replacing PROPER CLUBS is the thing that's getting me angry the most though. Hopefully our clubs see sense. I imagine they will for the exact reasons were pointing out here.

3 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I see our friends in the lowland league are looking forward to throwing us all under the bus.

I suppose the influx of 10s of old firm fans is worth the treachery.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-fc-back-celtic-10616325

Hold your horses. That article only regards EK, and somewhat flies in the face of previously coverage in the same paper.

EK's chairman and (now ex) manager came out strongly against it in the papers a few months ago... saying it should be unfair for 'B' teams to join the pyramid part-way up and would make it harder for clubs like EK to reach SPFL2 or stay in SPFL2 once they'd made it.

East Kilbride boss "raging" at SFA's plans for Rangers and Celtic Colt teams
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-boss-raging-sfas-9494415

Celtic and Rangers proposal leaves Lowland clubs livid
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-rangers-proposals-leaves-current-9486698

Now the same paper claims an unnamed EK source backs the idea. Something doesn't add up.