New clubs in the East of Scotland

2 hours ago, theawaysection said:

While recognising an articulate response would never be forthcoming Eyemouth United or a club representing Eyemouth United want to join Amateurs in Borders.

As you will be aware a club representing Gala Fairydean, Selkirk, Berwick R also play in Borders leagues.

So I do apologise for alarming fans of EoSFL Eyemouth United - I am aware that the thousands of fans they have would recoil in horror at departure from EoSFL.  But a club under Eyemouth United banner wants to join Borders leagues all be it that it might be a Colt team or an Amateur team or a reserve side.

Thanks,

Thank you for the clarification

22 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

So you've moved on from confidently saying Eyemouth are moving to the Border Ams to saying they might, maybe, possibly, decide to enter an amateur side. Cheers for that.

No. I made a post/comment in a fans football forum about 'Eyemouth United' repeat Eyemouth United from 'Eyemouth'.

Only making a point after hearing (from someone connected to Eyemouth) that Eyemouth Utd were entering a team in Borders Am leagues.

Jesus, go find yourselves something more important to be angry about.

On 25/04/2018 at 18:26, HibeeJibee said:

Eyemouth had a side in the Border Amateurs until last season which typically floated around the middle of the B Division.

Coldstream Ams are currently in the A Division.

The current Eyemouth EOS mob, are basically the amateur side that where part of the border am league. Sometimes that battle you give at Amateur level has got them a few results. Again, most border lads want to play amateur with their pals and don't want to test themselves in the 'higher' level. Which is a shame.

Edited by tynie1874

From the juniors subforum:

13 minutes ago, The Stig said:

I have heard that the following clubs have been accepted into the EoS

Bonnyrigg, Camelon, HoB, Blackburn, Dalkeith, Haddington, Musselburgh, Tranent, Crossgates, Easthouses, Edinburgh.
Dunipace and hillfield swifts.

No real surprises there if this information is true

On 17/04/2018 at 10:30, Dennis Smith said:

It is 14 Junior F.a. clubs and the Hillside Swifts F.c. Hear St Bernards F.c. are interested but park did no meet the league regulations.

St Bernard’s did enquire about what criteria we would need to meet however after initial contact, we received nothing back. 

Next season would be too soon for us anyway as we would need to sort a lot of things off the pitch but we were/are keen on seeing if it’s a possibility and we had people willing to help us along the way to do what’s required. 

On 24/04/2018 at 14:44, theawaysection said:

I have not read through the whole thread but heard one or two clubs will withdraw from EoSFL and SoSFL and join respective Amateurs leagues.

Eyemouth United I believe will step back to BAFA (Borders Amateur football) as Duns did a few years ago - withdrawal.

On 25/04/2018 at 15:32, theawaysection said:

While recognising an articulate response would never be forthcoming Eyemouth United or a club representing Eyemouth United want to join Amateurs in Borders.

So I do apologise for alarming fans of EoSFL Eyemouth United - I am aware that the thousands of fans they have would recoil in horror at departure from EoSFL.  But a club under Eyemouth United banner wants to join Borders leagues all be it that it might be a Colt team or an Amateur team or a reserve side.

Thanks,

7 hours ago, theawaysection said:

No. I made a post/comment in a fans football forum about 'Eyemouth United' repeat Eyemouth United from 'Eyemouth'.

Only making a point after hearing (from someone connected to Eyemouth) that Eyemouth Utd were entering a team in Borders Am leagues.

So you've gone from Eyemouth Utd "stepping back to Borders Amateur football" to "it might be a Colt amateur reserve side" 

Talk aboot tripping yersel up :thumsup2:wacko:

New entrants accepted for 2018/19:
Blackburn Utd
Bonnyrigg Rose
Camelon
Crossgates
Dalkeith
Dunipace
Easthouses
Edinburgh Utd
Haddington
Hill of Beath
Hillfield Swifts
Musselburgh
Tranent

Teams have 7 days to confirm acceptance and to pay fees. League not making any statements until all clubs have confirmed and paid.

3 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

New entrants accepted for 2018/19:
Blackburn Utd
Bonnyrigg Rose
Camelon
Crossgates
Dalkeith
Dunipace
Easthouses
Edinburgh Utd
Haddington
Hill of Beath
Hillfield Swifts
Musselburgh
Tranent

Teams have 7 days to confirm acceptance and to pay fees. League not making any statements until all clubs have confirmed and paid.

So it is potentially 13  existing + 13 new + 1 or 2 (relegated from LL depending on Cowdenbeath's SPFL result) and -1 if Kelty or LTHV are promoted to the LL.

12 minutes ago, Robert James said:

So it is potentially 13  existing + 13 new + 1 or 2 (relegated from LL depending on Cowdenbeath's SPFL result) and -1 if Kelty or LTHV are promoted to the LL.

If Kelty win Lowland League it would balance out as they would go up (assuming they beat Threave) and Hawick would go down. Cove going all the way would likely see Vale of Leithen drop into EOS too but depends on their final games as Dalbeattie could be the one who goes down. (To the SOS) 

2 minutes ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

If Kelty win Lowland League it would balance out as they would go up (assuming they beat Threave) and Hawick would go down. Cove going all the way would likely see Vale of Leithen drop into EOS too but depends on their final games as Dalbeattie could be the one who goes down. (To the SOS) 

Spot on, and still very interesting.