So basically:

1    Scottish Cup
OR Alex Jack Cup >> S&E Cup-Winners' Shield
  2    South Challenge Cup
  3    EOS Qualifying Cup >> EOS Cup
  4    King Cup
  5    EOS Qualifying League >> EOS League Cup
  +    Fife Cup (if relevant)

Revise carefully, homework may follow...

41 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

ab5f177ae141037d6d4b22f2724585a1.jpg

These are the cup competitions contested by EOS League clubs:

Scottish Cup ... for SFA members and qualifiers
OR
Alex Jack Cup ... for clubs not playing in the Scottish Cup. All in. Played on the same dates as the Scottish Cup, with the final usually in October or November. Winner play the champion of the equivalent SOSL tournament in the South & East of Scotland Cup-Winners' Shield for a place in the following season's Scottish Cup. Of course, non-SFA members can also qualify by winning the EOS League, so there are 2 routes.

South Challenge Cup ... all Lowland, EOSL and SOSL clubs - plus Glasgow Uni (as are SFA members). All-in with away travel subsidised. Final the day after the Scottish Cup Final and usually at an SPFL ground.

EOS Qualifying Cup ... most Lowland and all EOSL clubs. (Dalbeattie, Edusport and Threave enter the equivalent Southern Counties Cup - while BSCG, Cumbernauld and East Stirlingshire do not compete presumably to keep their ground rents down). All in. Final the Sunday of the international weekend in March. Both finalists enter the EOS Cup, with Berwick and Edinburgh City. Hearts and Hibs contest the EOS Shield. Livingston quit the EOSFA 10yrs ago and are members of no local FA... It actually has a very wide entry extending to East Kilbride, Gretna and Stirling University.

King Cup ... knockout tournament for all EOSL clubs including Stirling Uni EOS. All-in. Played in the spring - with the Final bringing the curtain down on the season (usually the last Saturday in May). Think the trophy was donated by the same man who donated the Junior Cup trophy, btw.

EOS League Cup... either a straight knockout tournament for all EOSL clubs including Stirling Uni EOS or for quite a number of years now for clubs qualifying from the EOS Qualifying League - which are basically League Cup sections at the start of the season. I don't think the format has ever been the same season-to-season as it's varied with the number of clubs, number of league games, etc. Similarly the dates vary wildly. Seeding used.

Fife Cup is run somewhat haphazardly by the Fife FA (currently Dunfermline, Raith, East Fife, Cowdebeath, Kelty and Burntisland) and under their own separate auspices... there was also the equivalent Stirlingshire Cup but it's been in abeyance for several years.

A good explanation of cups. Be 5 cups for ca melon next season

Blackburn and Livingston could establish a "West Lothian Supercup"...

Format of EOS Qualifying League since introduction:

2011-12
4 groups of 6 = 5 games
top 2 = League Cup QFs

2012-13
5 groups of 5/6 = 4/5 games
runners-up (plus best third place) = LC Prelim
winners = LC QFs

2013-14
4 groups of 5 = 8 games (spread throughout season)
runners-up & third places =  LC Prelim
winners = LC QFs

2014-15
5 groups of 3/4 = 2/3 games

winners & runners-up of 4-team sections (plus best runner-up of 3-team sections) = LC QFs

2015-16
4 groups of 4 = 3 games

top 2 = LC QFs

2016-17
2 groups of 5/6 = 4/5 games

runners-up & third places = LC Prelim
winners = LC SFs

2017-18
4 groups of 3/4 = 2/3 games

top 2 = LC QFs

ab5f177ae141037d6d4b22f2724585a1.jpg

These are the cup competitions contested by EOS League clubs:

Scottish Cup ... for SFA members and qualifiers
OR
Alex Jack Cup ... for clubs not playing in the Scottish Cup. All in. Played on the same dates as the Scottish Cup, with the final usually in October or November. Winner play the champion of the equivalent SOSL tournament in the South & East of Scotland Cup-Winners' Shield for a place in the following season's Scottish Cup. Of course, non-SFA members can also qualify by winning the EOS League, so there are 2 routes.

South Challenge Cup ... all Lowland, EOSL and SOSL clubs - plus Glasgow Uni (as are SFA members). All-in with away travel subsidised. Final the day after the Scottish Cup Final and usually at an SPFL ground.

EOS Qualifying Cup ... most Lowland and all EOSL clubs. (Dalbeattie, Edusport and Threave enter the equivalent Southern Counties Cup - while BSCG, Cumbernauld and East Stirlingshire do not compete presumably to keep their ground rents down). All in. Final the Sunday of the international weekend in March. Both finalists enter the EOS Cup, with Berwick and Edinburgh City. Hearts and Hibs contest the EOS Shield. Livingston quit the EOSFA 10yrs ago and are members of no local FA... It actually has a very wide entry extending to East Kilbride, Gretna and Stirling University.

King Cup ... knockout tournament for all EOSL clubs including Stirling Uni EOS. All-in. Played in the spring - with the Final bringing the curtain down on the season (usually the last Saturday in May). Think the trophy was donated by the same man who donated the Junior Cup trophy, btw.

EOS League Cup... either a straight knockout tournament for all EOSL clubs including Stirling Uni EOS or for quite a number of years now for clubs qualifying from the EOS Qualifying League - which are basically League Cup sections at the start of the season. I don't think the format has ever been the same season-to-season as it's varied with the number of clubs, number of league games, etc. Similarly the dates vary wildly. Seeding used.

Fife Cup is run somewhat haphazardly by the Fife FA (currently Dunfermline, Raith, East Fife, Cowdebeath, Kelty and Burntisland) and under their own separate auspices... there was also the equivalent Stirlingshire Cup but it's been in abeyance for several years.

Fife Cup hasn't been run haphazardly in last 2 seasons - both tournaments completed satisfactorily

3 hours ago, Super Saddler said:

I'm staying put on this thread now. It's getting a bit too acrimonious on the junior thread. There are some very bitter guys over there, Armadale, what are they like? ...

The juniors subforum probably does come across as borderline psychotic at times, if you are used to something more sedate like nonleaguematters, but the posters involved are probably quite normal if you met them offline. People from wee towns and council schemes in Scotland's central belt are prone to rhetorical excess sometimes. I seriously doubt that the dude in Lochee actually does plan to do anything untoward to the guy from Tayport, for example. Handbags at ten paces stuff, basically.

3 hours ago, Super Saddler said:

I'm staying put on this thread now. It's getting a bit too acrimonious on the junior thread. There are some very bitter guys over there, Armadale, what are they like? All the best for the new clubs in the EOS next season. Hopefully I can persuade she who must be obeyed that she fancies a trip to Edinburgh so I can catch a couple of games.

Having been browsing this topic and the junior thread, its been extremely hard not to bite at certain posters on that other thread, lol. Some very childish people indeed.

Having closely watched this last couple of months news regarding the pyramid etc I can only say IMO this will be a vital step in the direction of having a fully integrated pyramid. Being someone who casually watches my two local junior teams when I can, it disappointed me when the lowland league was set up and juniors  chose not to get involved, however both are now interested and seeing integrated, non league football in my area is something I can look forward to in the near future. I've always liked the thought that down south, theoretically, a club can go from the very bottom to the very top, and while this may not be of appeal to all clubs, the principle is a fair one, and could only drive forward ambition, and hopefully by consequence  create a better quality non league in Scotland. 

I'm sorry to say, but the junior grade is dying. (Cue resentment from those in places such as Armadale) I know very few junior fans, or even people who have any interest in the juniors my age, and I can't exactly see future generations keeping an interest. The support is generally of an older demographic, the grounds are often falling apart, and while the standard is generally ok, very few clubs seem to focus on community/youth/grassroots development to a great extent, with most new players in the 'grade' either ex-seniors or jumping up from ams.

Thanks to clubs such as Kelty leading the way, and more and more clubs moving to the east, the new non league, within time, can hopefully exist all under the auspices of the SFA, with regional bodies underneath (ie EoSFA, with west and north equivalents). An integrated non league is exactly what scotland needs, and I believe within a few years, with a good structure in place and clubs finding their right level, this will lead to better management, youth setups, quality and perhaps even crowds in the lower echelons of the pyramid. I for one, and most likely others, look forward to seeing a proper pyramid setup in Scotland, and can only look forward to seeing my local team potentially vying  for a place in the Lowland League or even SPFL2.

20 minutes ago, 100kToilets said:

Having been browsing this topic and the junior thread, its been extremely hard not to bite at certain posters on that other thread, lol. Some very childish people indeed.

Having closely watched this last couple of months news regarding the pyramid etc I can only say IMO this will be a vital step in the direction of having a fully integrated pyramid. Being someone who casually watches my two local junior teams when I can, it disappointed me when the lowland league was set up and juniors  chose not to get involved, however both are now interested and seeing integrated, non league football in my area is something I can look forward to in the near future. I've always liked the thought that down south, theoretically, a club can go from the very bottom to the very top, and while this may not be of appeal to all clubs, the principle is a fair one, and could only drive forward ambition, and hopefully by consequence  create a better quality non league in Scotland. 

I'm sorry to say, but the junior grade is dying. (Cue resentment from those in places such as Armadale) I know very few junior fans, or even people who have any interest in the juniors my age, and I can't exactly see future generations keeping an interest. The support is generally of an older demographic, the grounds are often falling apart, and while the standard is generally ok, very few clubs seem to focus on community/youth/grassroots development to a great extent, with most new players in the 'grade' either ex-seniors or jumping up from ams.

Thanks to clubs such as Kelty leading the way, and more and more clubs moving to the east, the new non league, within time, can hopefully exist all under the auspices of the SFA, with regional bodies underneath (ie EoSFA, with west and north equivalents). An integrated non league is exactly what scotland needs, and I believe within a few years, with a good structure in place and clubs finding their right level, this will lead to better management, youth setups, quality and perhaps even crowds in the lower echelons of the pyramid. I for one, and most likely others, look forward to seeing a proper pyramid setup in Scotland, and can only look forward to seeing my local team potentially vying  for a place in the Lowland League or even SPFL2.

Spot on, however £100k toilets, where did you get them so cheap?

2 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Fife Cup hasn't been run haphazardly in last 2 seasons - both tournaments completed satisfactorily

Simply meant there's no fixed dates, and both editions have seen a Semi-Final scratched.

No question big progress made on the preceding abandonments/awarding to the winner of the only tie played.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Confirmation that the 2nd amateur team was indeed Musselburgh Windsor.

Musselburgh windsor did apply but were told 2 days before the AGM that their ground did not meet the criteria, nor did they have a sufficient enough plan to make it so before the start of the season.

They were advised to withdraw their application rather than be rejected on the night to spare any blushes.

The windsor have a plan but dont quite have the finance in place to see it to fruition.

They'll be back next year though. 

Any competition that doesn't have all ties completed can't exactly be said to be run satisfactory. Something the fife cup has only achieved once in over a decade IIRC.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Any competition that doesn't have all ties completed can't exactly be said to be run satisfactory. Something the fife cup has only achieved once in over a decade IIRC.

It has been played to completion five times in that period.

Two years ago all the clubs committed to carry on the competition and that they would play the tournament to a finish each year. It had become more difficult to fit in ties over the years so it was agreed that teams would proactively arrange their matches and if they couldn't fit a match in to their schedule they would simply scratch to allow the competition to progress. That is what now happens and this regularly used to happen in the Fife Cup and many local cups. Every club played in the competition in the last 2 years.