New clubs in the East of Scotland

1 hour ago, Top of Meeks Road said:

The dam has been weakened in the East and its only a matter of time before its completely breached. I cannot fathom why clubs such as Whitburn, a powerful player in the junior game until fairly recently, have stuck with the East Region Juniors. Surely common sense must prevail this spring as the entire junior structure, possibly outwith the North Region, is doomed to collapse. 

I remember talking to a Hurlford fan at a match and trying to explain how nothing would change for almost every club other than the competition name changing but he was convinced midweek trips across Central Scotland would be the result. 

Change is happening at a pace few could have considered possible only a few years ago. As a new decade beckons, the entire Scottish game will be transformed over the next ten years also. 

Because most if not all of the Whitburn committee follow "the people",that's they're big team and so they haven't a clue about football and subsequently they are stuck in the past.

They have a great set up at Central Park,large covered terrace,small seated stand and cracking social club but sadly its run by clowns.

12 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Because most if not all of the Whitburn committee follow "the people",that's they're big team and so they haven't a clue about football and subsequently they are stuck in the past.

They have a great set up at Central Park,large covered terrace,small seated stand and cracking social club but sadly its run by clowns.

Are you alone in that thinking? 

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

People explaining the difference does not change the perception.

You go Linlinthgow Rose and think of one club. Linlithgow Rose CFC are going to be seen the same way on first appearance as Bo'ness United Juniors, Sauchie Juniors CFC, Stranraer SoS, Stirling University EoS and Caledonian Braves SoS.

The perception is wrong though. I wouldn't argue though if it was said they were only in the Juniors because the big team weren't. Then again I don't think Junior football (in its present form) is the place for clubs without proper facilities but that is a different story!

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

The perception is wrong though. I wouldn't argue though if it was said they were only in the Juniors because the big team weren't. Then again I don't think Junior football (in its present form) is the place for clubs without proper facilities but that is a different story!

It's the way its going to be though. Unless you want to have a handy cheat sheet explanation whenever it comes up. Even then people with just a casual interest will forgot about it in a minute.

People are just going to see Linlithgow Rose and Linlithgow Rose CFC see them as related to each other and one as being lesser than the other.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The Pollok game was played at Prestonfield, so there must be some level as contact between the clubs.

Because the cage wasn't suitable for the tie and Prestonfield was the closest available neutral venue. Had Prestonfield been unavailable the tie would have gone to Pollok.

Edited by cmontheloknow

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's the way its going to be though. Unless you want to have a handy cheat sheet explanation whenever it comes up. Even then people with just a casual interest will forgot about it in a minute.

People are just going to see Linlithgow Rose and Linlithgow Rose CFC see them as related to each other and one as being lesser than the other.

Linlithgow Rose Community FC, founded in 1992 as Baillielands FC, have ran various clubs at boys, girls, youth and adult level since 2006 under the all-inclusive name. They have no direct connection to Linlithgow Rose though the big club in the town did lend their name to the community club. The club that were admitted to the Juniors in 2019 were members of the Lothian and Edinburgh AFA in 2018-19 (they finished 2nd in the quasi-regional 3rd tier), playing at the xCite linlithgow Leisure Centre, the astro cage they still play at. They previously were in the Stirling & District AFA, finishing 5/9 in the Stirling Premier in 17-18.

Just now, cmontheloknow said:
Linlithgow Rose Community FC, founded in 1992 as Baillielands FC, have ran various clubs at boys, girls, youth and adult level since 2006 under the all-inclusive name. They have no direct connection to Linlithgow Rose though the big club in the town did lend their name to the community club. The club that were admitted to the Juniors in 2019 were members of the Lothian and Edinburgh AFA in 2018-19 (they finished 2nd in the quasi-regional 3rd tier), playing at the xCite linlithgow Leisure Centre, the astro cage they still play at. They previously were in the Stirling & District AFA, finishing 5/9 in the Stirling Premier in 17-18.

And when this page topic turns to page 2018 and gets forgotten about, it'll need explained all over again.

If the rumours of Kirkcaldy & Dysart and Thornton are true, then surely the other south Fife clubs won't be long in joining them. Rosyth can't have failed to noticed there's a rival club on the other side of the M90 they could be playing.

With Inverkeithing's lack of facilities you'd think none of the current Junior clubs would be rejected, but if they had to do work to their grounds then that also shouldn't be a problem. K&D had planning permission for a proper fence enclosing the ground accepted in the summer, Rosyth had planning for a new astro pitch adjacent to their current cage accepted 18 months ago, and Thornton were granted permission for a boundary fence/floodlights in 2011. So

53 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:
Linlithgow Rose Community FC, founded in 1992 as Baillielands FC, have ran various clubs at boys, girls, youth and adult level since 2006 under the all-inclusive name. They have no direct connection to Linlithgow Rose though the big club in the town did lend their name to the community club.

I have a question - and I don't mean anything by it, just curiosity; why did Linlithgow Rose let the Junior club use the same name? I've always wondered.

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I have a question - and I don't mean anything by it, just curiosity; why did Linlithgow Rose let the Junior club use the same name? I've always wondered.

The club had already existed as Linlithgow Rose Community FC for years in the Amateurs. Not a lot to object to?

5 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Are you alone in that thinking? 

No,quite a few in the town have had enough,particularly those of a non sevco persuasion.

We were one of the biggest clubs in the East,now we're quite content farting about the doors going nowhere,while others roundabout us move on to bigger and better things.

I know of quite a few guys that now stay away from Central Park.

When you look at what Bonnyrigg, Penicuik and Broxburn have done in recent times in the senior Scottish you have to come to the conclusion that Whitburn are absolutely missing a trick. 

Can't imagine there are many visiting spectators at Central Park in the East Junior Super South? 

Unfortunately, dithering whilst others committed mean a best option entry of tier 7 if reality finally dawns on those running the show

15 minutes ago, Top of Meeks Road said:

When you look at what Bonnyrigg, Penicuik and Broxburn have done in recent times in the senior Scottish you have to come to the conclusion that Whitburn are absolutely missing a trick. 

Can't imagine there are many visiting spectators at Central Park in the East Junior Super South? 

Unfortunately, dithering whilst others committed mean a best option entry of tier 7 if reality finally dawns on those running the show

The Lok cameraman dropped by recently...

6 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

The Lok cameraman dropped by recently...

90 for the headcount was given.

Although Whitburn get a lot of stick for not moving. The rot seems to have set in long before deciding not to move in 2018. In the 2017-18 East Region Premier they finished 15th and would have been relegated to the South Division.